What's new

Will Ethiopia's Grand Renaissance Dam dry the Nile in Egypt?

@Saho and @wedi

Can you guys tell me something about the Rashaida in Eritrea and Ethiopia (are there any left there?)?

They have lived in the Horn of Africa for quite a while and some have obviously intermarried with locals but how integrated are they? Do they still reside near the coast?

I met a stunningly beautiful Rashaida girl from Eritrea in London last summer. She was studying medicine and I could speak in Hijazi Arabic (dialect) with her without problem and she understood everything and I understood her. We never had to switch to fus7a.
I don't know too much about the Rashaida in Eritrea, I've seen some videos of their tradition on Youtube but that's it. I think @Saho can answer this better than me though.
And there are no Rashaida in Ethiopia (as far as I am aware of), they reside in North Eastern Eritrea. :)

Ethiopia should go on with this project, it's in their interests and within their country.
Oh we are :D.

Ethiopia: GERD Increases Generation Capacity
28 FEBRUARY 2017
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) power generation capacity has been upgraded to 6,450 MW.

The Dam was first designed to generate 5,250 MW. However, due to the upgrading made on the power plant, its generation capacity uplifted to 6,000 MW from 5,250 MW.

But six years later, the design has been made to add another 450 MW due to the improvements made on generators with local capacity, Communication and Information Technology Minister Dr. Debretsion Gebremichael told journalists over the weekend.

The Minister added that activities are being undertaken to enable the dam generate 750 MW in the near future.

"Construction of power receiver and transmission stations as well as the installation of power transmission lines has been fully completed. The only thing left is fixing the two turbines that generate 375 MW each," he said.

According to Debretsion the Ethiopian people have continued their support to complete the Dam through environmental conservation activities and purchasing bonds.

467337926.jpg

I don't understand the problem with our Egyptian friends, as their trusted president himself sanctioned the treaty instead of threatening Ethiopia?

Wasn't this what you all wanted? the traitor Morsi wanted to break the "Nile" brotherhood by threatening the African brotherly nation of Ethiopia.

tl;dr version, MB Morsi is saying that "If the Nile is reduced by even one drop, our blood is the substitute.."

I hope you re-elect our beloved Sisi, the leader of the Arab world.

I don't understand the problem with our Egyptian friends, as their trusted president himself sanctioned the treaty instead of threatening Ethiopia?

Fear of water flow decreasing, that's all I guess....

Back
Top Bottom