What's new

Why we dont Smile

ynmian

Reaction score
See this Wikipedia link and notice the portraits of all generals, they are smiling

List of active duty United States four-star officers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this

Osama-bin-Laden-hiding-in-Pakistan-Mike-Mullen.jpg
g16027.jpg

Everyone is smiling. And it is not applicable to army, all westerns do that whether they are low or high rank, related to army or non-army, whether they are janitor or any director of a company.

My question is why don't we smile. What is our problem?

My objective is not to pin point any personality by name, just giving you few examples below, see below

General+Asif+Nawaz.jpg
Ashfaq-Parvez-Kayani_0.jpg

ahmed_shuja_pasha.jpg
tanvir_mahmood_ahmed.jpg
Mushaf-Ali-Mir.jpg
MAS10.jpg

any comments?

Last edited:
hmmm, they smile because they know, world is within their grasp.
we dont, because we have india in the east.

Lol.. really why dont we smile?

they smile because they know, world is within their grasp.

but, they have mexico in the south. :D

hahahah very nice thread lol
Actually it is to do with American culture..When ever you see a pic of an American,you will find that the person is Smiling (dant bahir nikal k) everytime.LOL
We Pakistan never do that .

Too bad that we don't do more of this and great that the Americans do it.

Its quite unfortunate that we do not emulate the Prophet (SAW) in this matter as there is immense literature that records that he smiled the most out of his companions (RA).

Maybe its the hardship in the life of an average Pakistani that results in miserly smiles!?! Although I do want to point out that not smiling has no bearing on our hospitality as the Gauntlet of goodwill attests to.

Last edited:
Too bad that we don't do more of this and great that the Americans do it.

Its quite unfortunate that we do not emulate the Prophet (SAW) in this matter as there is immense literature that records that he smiled the most out of his companions (RA).

Maybe its the hardship in the life of an average Pakistani that results in miserly smiles!?! Although I do want to point out that not smiling has no bearing on our hospitality as the Gauntlet of goodwill attests to.

Oh come on! you think there army guys face the hardships of an average Pakistani? It has more to do with culture than the happenings in the country.

Oh come on! you think there army guys face the hardships of an average Pakistani? It has more to do with culture than the happenings in the country.

I agree with Jayron that cheif of army doesnt have any hardship. actually its the indo-pak-bangla region.

Last edited:
Americans in general enjoy their lifestyle, they even enjoy whatever work they do, may be because they generally do what they always wanted to do. Everyone greets you with smile.

post some smiling faces of your army generals, i wana see if it is a cultural thingy.

lol because since india tested the smiling buddha ................its secret mission was to wipe out all the smiles in pakistan:smokin:.....lol

just joke ,no taking seriously

They have got a awsome, tention free and smooth life.
They know they will stay safe and if they die serving, the whole US would stand up for them and special care would be given to the family. They have got access to all the facilities in the world, and feel supremecy over others!

Back
Top Bottom