What's new

Why is India so insensitive to our affairs?

To the shameless bhatis before talking about GDPs and poor Bangladeshis just go n feed your bhukha, nanga, malnutrition Indians. There are numarous article which pointed out that Bangladesh is in much better condition is social welfare then India.

Regarding GDP of Bangladesh government said that it is 880 USD but it is based on base year 1995 which does not count most of the new industries, private bank, satellite tv channels, trading houses etc for counting GDP.

daily sun | Business | New base year from FY12 for GDP counting

On top of that recently finance ministry said that in Bangladesh there are a shadow economy which is around 50-100 billion USD which is 37-81% of total gdp and runs parallel to the national gdp but is not counted there.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/117257-magic-figure-shadow-economy.html

If we count this base year and shadow economy Bangladesh's gdp comes close to or above 200 billion usd which is in between 1200-1500 usd per capita depending on total number of population.

This is almost equal to India. But in India wealth is accumulated to only a small group of people but poor people has no representation on that. So what is the point of boosting this GDP every time when it does not do any benefit to the Indian bhookha, nanga and garib log?

But in Bangladesh development and growth is coming from the lower segment of the society. Thats why they are in much better of condition.

N terrorism??? It was the ploy of zionist media to paint that picture in the last 10 years to promote their agenda but it has completely eroded and backfired them.

But hindu terrorism is a real danger. Just see the tamil tigers. This hindu terrorists were the initial originator of suicide bombing in south asia. Then all know the famous hindu saffron terror. The less we say about that is better.

Comment of Rahul Gandhi that hindu terror is biggest threat to India is enough to remind us about the danger posses by these terrorists.
BRO, agreeing with you completely on above, I can even vouch its truthfulness from the grass-roots observation without needing any news articles as I'VE returned from BD not too long ago. $1000-1200 nominal Per/Capita GDP seems very little compare to the requirement of meeting minimal end.

Even Rickshaw, Thelagari pullers earn TK/=5-600.00 a day in Dhaka, CTG. Any preventive officer in private Bank starts by at least TK/= 30,000 P/M. And few yrs. long experienced DOC, PROFF. earn huge amount from private practices. A teacher of Ideal school, Vic Nessa, GOVT Lab, CTG Collegiate earn TK/= 2-3.00 lacs a month from such practice. And how much Garment tycoons earn can't even be articulated without strenuous number crunching. I'VE been in false position by competing with the pattern of their expenses.

What more true is that though, the most of them don't pay tax properly thus a very big chunk stays unreported. I think $ 50-100.00 would be very conservative figure and systems aren't solid enough to prevent such colossal theft. But as tax culture is growing, slow and gradually it would reach up to the mark IMO.

hmm. Even zimbabwe has more per capita income than Bangladesh.

Wikipedia says Bangladesh's nominal GDP/capita is $638 and Zimbabwe's is $475. But I wouldn't want to boast about ours being higher than any other country's GDP/capita - we still have a long way to go to get our name off the LDC list.

Sorry Zabaniya, Wikipedia is actually a convenient source of all sorts of info. :P

Wikipedia says Bangladesh's nominal GDP/capita is $638 and Zimbabwe's is $475. But I wouldn't want to boast about ours being higher than any other country's GDP/capita - we still have a long way to go to get our name off the LDC list.

Sorry Zabaniya, Wikipedia is actually a convenient source of all sorts of info. :P

I think the population that makes the difference in per capita income.

And Wikipedia are mostly authentic particularly the page related list of countries by GDP nominal and PPP(ref from IMF, World Bank and CIA world factbook is used). I too write articles on Wikipedia. Sometimes people too put misleading information in the articles related to arch-rival countries and openly ended up in a stalemate to remove that misleading information Once I witnessed an anonymous guy putting a link to malware as reference and other guy was telling his system got infected when he clicked on the link.

that fact that your country has more poor than entire african continent and that amounts to 350 million people is enough to show the state of indian economy and poverty..........Bangladesh's entire population is 180 million.....bottom line is india has got 1000 times more poor than bangladesh............

now Pakistan is 5 times larger than bangladesh in terms of land area...but our population is same as bangladesh....so if u look at it.....Pakistan is much much better than indian and bangladesh in terms of economic aspects.
Why is Pakistan called a failed state then??
And there have been no figures after 2007-08 for Pakistan regarding poverty...thats when the down trend started!
wake up..

Why is Pakistan called a failed state then??
And there have been no figures after 2007-08 for Pakistan regarding poverty...thats when the down trend started!
wake up..

same ppls who called Pakistan failed state called india worst than Africa..??

so india beleive their daddies in west more than reality?

TOPIC: why the hell bangladeshis care weather they ae sensitive insensitive abnormal or whtever?

BRO, agreeing with you completely on above, I can even vouch its truthfulness from the grass-roots observation without needing any news articles as I'VE returned from BD not too long ago. $1000-1200 nominal Per/Capita GDP seems very little compare to the requirement of meeting minimal end.

Even Rickshaw, Thelagari pullers earn TK/=5-600.00 a day in Dhaka, CTG. Any preventive officer in private Bank starts by at least TK/= 30,000 P/M. And few yrs. long experienced DOC, PROFF. earn huge amount from private practices. A teacher of Ideal scho
ol, Vic Nessa, GOVT Lab, CTG Collegiate earn TK/= 2-3.00 lacs a month from such practice. And how much Garment tycoons earn can't even be articulated without strenuous number crunching. I'VE been in false position by competing with the pattern of their expenses.

What more true is that though, the most of them don't pay tax properly thus a very big chunk stays unreported. I think $ 50-100
.00 would be very conservative figure and systems aren't solid enough to prevent such colossal theft. But as tax culture is growing, slow and gradually it would reach up to the mark IMO.

Bro that's true. I have been to Kolkata thrice and every time I have seen living standard is lower then that of Dhaka but in Delhi it is higher and that was quite apparent when I visited to be frank n fair.

If you see the private sectors activity it is huge and extensive. Even in villages there is huge economic activities if you count the foreign remitances which mostly goes to villages and the point that you have mentioned hiding of real income while filing tax. So naturally stat department get a huge underestimated figure to calculate. On top of that as I have mentioned base year on which GDP is calculated is 95 and since then lots of new industries has emerged and those are fully out of calculation. Hope up gradation to 2005 will help it to get little updated figure.

If we look at the many indicator of hdi we can see that Bangladesh is much ahead of India. This clearly indicates that to some extent living condition is better in Bangladesh then india if we see hunger to population ratio, malnutrition, average age of living etc. Yes it's true that India is also booming but most of the development is going to the rich and then to some extent to the middle class. But poors are completely out of this development.

In summary it is quite apparent that if we take into account the black economy and up gradation of the base year per capita GDP even if it does not come bigger then I dia it will be pretty closser. After all unto 1970 Bangladesh had much higher per capita GDP then India.

Do you have any idea how much bd is benifiting cause of the LDC status? If the base year upgraded to 2005 it will automatically go beyond 1000 dollar usd per capita mark for sure without talking into account black economy. N for your info stat department indicated that last year our per capita GDP has increased to 890 usd based on 1995 base year.

GDP is not for show off! If you are better off then it's good for you. I think bd should remain in L
DC status couple of years more to get it's full advantage then we should adjust our GDP. Already bd has applied for continuation of getting LDC benefit up to 2030. Once it is confirmed I think after that bd government will update the GDP.

What is the use of show offing the GDP that Indians do when 37 to 78 percent people live below poverty line, more then one third family go to bed remain hungry, has highest percent of underweight and malnutrition child and men and politicians had to ask it's poor eat rats.

Hope u ot your answer.

I have seen some 'not so educated and classy' folks become unknowingly rich :confused:

today prothom alo wrote that Bangladesh will become lower-middle income economy in 2021, higher middle income economy in 2030, and a developed nation in 2050 if GDP growth rate remains 7.5%.

If we look at the many indicator of hdi we can see that Bangladesh is much ahead of India. This clearly indicates that to some extent living condition is better in Bangladesh then india if we see hunger to population ratio, malnutrition, average age of living etc. Yes it's true that India is also booming but most of the development is going to the rich and then to some extent to the middle class. But poors are completely out of this development.

Captain babu, tell your fantasy to World Bank, IMF and try to convince them with your fairy tales.

Not to dampen the spirits of Bangladeshi forum members, but Bangladesh is indeed the poorest country in South Asia

According to World Bank, Bangladesh is low income country, while India is low middle income country. Even the GNI per Capita for India is 1220 USD while Bangladesh has only 580 USD

http://devdata.worldbank.org/AAG/ind_aag.pdf

http://devdata.worldbank.org/AAG/bgd_aag.pdf

Bangladesh HDI 2011 - low

India Human development index 2011 - medium

:lol:

The development level of average Indian in medium whereas that for an average bangladeshi is low .

Human Development Report 2011 | 2011 United Nations Development Programme Belize

nuff said .

malnutrition and hunger -

800px-GHI_2011_Severity_Map.jpg

:lol:

Bangladesh is below India .

poverty levels -

Poverty headcount ratio at $1.25 a day (PPP) (% of population) | Data | Table

According to World Bank poverty threshold of 1.25 PPP dollars per person , 2010 figures -

India - 32.7 %

Bangladesh- 43.3 %

:tup:

Besta luck for the future Bangladesh

Population below Poverty line in South Asia is measured as the percentage of the population eating less food than is required to sustain the human body (approximately 2000-2500 calories per day)!! As in 2011, Population below poverty line in India is 37% and in Bangladesh 31.5%!! That clearly indicates that there are more people living in extreme hunger in India than Bangladesh!! And for other problems for the social welfare, here is a post, posted before in this thread which also shows that Bangladesh is quite ahead of India in these matters!!

To the bharatis those who constantly raise illegal migration issue I would like to say to them... "India is the worst place to be born in" even it is said by Indian media itself. Why should Bangladeshis will go to poor bordering states to be a maid, hawkers, rickshaw puller or to live in slum? N the refugee or other hindus those who have gone to to India in and around 1971 is no longer our liability as hardly most of them are alive and their descendent are now 2nd or 3rd generation of them who born n get up in India so they are Indian citizen and your headache. If you have illegal migration issue ask your government to raise it officially with proof. Else just shut the f@@k off. No body gives a damn care of what the extremist radical hindu groups think.

After reading the following article hope no Indian will raise the issue of Illegal migration again.

Updated: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:41:24 GMT | By Ritika Chopra, Mail Today
Social welfare: India worst place to be born in

Social welfare: India worst place to be born in

The fastest growing "free market" economy is no competition to its neighbours.

New Delhi: India shines in its malls but slips badly when it comes to ensuring the well-being of its millions.

India may well be the world's fastest growing "free market" economy, but it is no competition to its neighbours when it comes to the social well being of her people.

A comparison with the neighbouring nations shows that besides Pakistan, all others like Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and China are far better off in terms of various social welfare indicators.

Even as India's positive growth story makes headlines, it is the second worst performing country in South Asia when it comes to female literacy. At 74 per cent, India is ranked just above Pakistan where 61 per cent of the women are educated. Even Bangladesh fares better. And it gets worse.

Among South Asian countries India is probably the worst place to be born in, as the chances of survival till the age of five are much weaker than the chances in Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and China. Yet again, we are better off than Pakistan, albeit slightly.

The revelation is not too surprising when 28 per cent of children in India are born underweight as against three per cent in China, 17 per cent in Sri Lanka, 21 per cent in Nepal and 22 per cent in Bangladesh.

This embarrassing performance has come to the fore with the release of a UNICEF report in the Capital on Wednesday. The study highlights the state of poor children growing up in cities. Statistics on child survival, development and protection paint a very sorry state of India in comparison to its neighbours as well.

Not everyone in India, however, is unfamiliar with this scenario.

The Human Development Report 2011 released by the Institute of Applied Manpower Research (IAMR) (an autonomous body under the Planning Commission) last year had made some shocking revelations on the levels of food insecurity, malnutrition and the dismal health infrastructure of the country.

In January, the Prime Minister called malnourishment among children a "national shame" while releasing a report on hunger and malnutrition.

"It's a shame that in some states of our country the levels of hunger and malnutrition are worse than some sub-Saharan countries. A lot needs to done in terms of social welfare of our children and women," Shantha Sinha, head of the National Commission for protection of Child Rights, who was present at the launch of the report said.

Zabi Dear, shall we deny the number of poor and is it our fault that we have population of 1.2 Billion. High population means high number of anything even with small percentage like China has world's largest population living in slums.

But we Indians are still far far far better when it comes to GDP growth, literacy rate, infrastructure(railways and rapid transit), condition of slums, per capita income etc.

Poverty headcount ratio at $1.25 a day (PPP) (% of population) | Data | Table

Watch this link I will say only I thing, "Kya din aa gaye hain ab khud gharib Bangladeshi bhi hamari gharibi pe hansenge"

Back
Top Bottom