What's new

Why India's yuppies want Starbucks (it's not about the coffee)

@Sashan, you had better clipped the image instead of painting it red.

He didnt paint it red. He was stabbed by the guy sitting next to him :lol:

I've had south Indian traditional coffee when I had visited an old buddy's house in Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu. Simply out of this world. It made me a big fan of BRU.

So made it my acquired taste.

Very rightly said man. You should also try Kumbakonam degree coffee one day :lol:

I thought of clipping but felt the picture size will shrink too much and will not provide a perpective.

He didnt paint it red. He was stabbed by the guy sitting next to him :lol:

Very rightly said man. You should also try Kumbakonam degree coffee one day :lol:

http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-st...egree-coffee/article4034194.ece?homepage=true

- An article which was in Hindu three days back about Kumbakonam degree coffee

You guys should try to avoid Starbucks it's garbage.....they give a lot of charity to pro-zionist israeli groups. But then again, so does McDonalds and so many others (which are equally garbage actually)

if you like coffee, get a machine and make it yourself. Or, go to Gloria Jeans or Illy

You guys should try to avoid Starbucks it's garbage.....they give a lot of charity to pro-zionist israeli groups. But then again, so does McDonalds and so many others (which are equally garbage actually)

if you like coffee, get a machine and make it yourself. Or, go to Gloria Jeans or Illy

Umm... Most Indians are not exactly Anti-Israel

Looks like indians aren't fans of starbucks, israel's feelings must be hurt.:cry: :lol:

Israel is not an problem for us but we already have well established desi brands like Cafe Coffee Day.

I thought of clipping but felt the picture size will shrink too much and will not provide a perpective.

http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-st...egree-coffee/article4034194.ece?homepage=true

- An article which was in Hindu three days back about Kumbakonam degree coffee

But I have no plans to visit Kumbakonam, it is not even a tourist place.

Everything is owned by them pretty much, the computers you and i are using have components installed in them made in israel or by israelis anywhere else.

Honestly having tasted the infinite varietes of Starbucks in US, I feel the Bru back home made with fresh-from-the-cow milk tasted much much better. Most probably I would give SB a miss in India.

Everything is owned by them pretty much, the computers you and i are using have components installed in them made in israel or by israelis anywhere else.

very true....which is why i have respect for them. Theyre united and work hard. Teenie tiny land surrounded by countries that don't really like em too much (a few of those countries may have their reasons)

im old fashioned....i love breakfast tea in a glass with no milk and just a little sugar.....if i have to have coffee, i'll take turkish coffee anyday

problem with starbucks is that they put no effort into making a good coffee....it's just mass produced. But from a business standpoint, it's a fantastic and profitable business. Sell coffee in a cup and total cost of goods sold is barely 55-70 cents --- for almost 4-5 dollars :laugh:

The article sucks. There are 1000s of Starbucks like coffee houses in India. We have our own 'Barista' , 'Cafe Coffee day' etc. It is just the novelty factor that is drawing crowds now.

it's just branding dude....starbucks is a [global] brand.

your mom and pops cafes or your so-called local barista's as you call them aren't -- though they are cheaper and more spread out

i heard that in Karachi there's a huge craze now with small coffee/biscuit places, though i couldnt name any...maybe Karachiites here could help me

Looks like indians aren't fans of starbucks, israel's feelings must be hurt.:cry: :lol:

no israelis wont be hurt or upset......i just hope no oblivious indian names his coffee shop after hitler with a giant swastika on the windows the way that other clothing dealer did :laugh:

In last 5-6 years of my overseas stay and frequent visit to different countries I haven't yet got my cup of coffee. Even bought Bru from a Indian store, bought a milk frother but still failed to replicate what I used to drink in Indian marriages and few Indian restaurants. The best coffee I drank was in 1993 Chennai from a cyclewala guy carrying a steel drum with hot filter coffee, I can still recall the smell from my olfactory memory.

From Starbuck I drink english breakfast tea only, 2 tea bags regular size milk with 2 tsf raw sugar, I tried coffee from SB in Sydney but that was bad like all others I have tried.

Nowadays I am doing 'guzara' from mccafe, latte quarter strength with 2 sachets (2 TSF) of sugar.

I think I haven't got buds on my tongue accepting the bitterness of coffee like people living in western have. Black coffee can put me off for hrs with gastric reflux not going without H2 blocker.

Back
Top Bottom