What's new

Why India Will Displace China as Global Growth Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
我又失算了,这三割连什嚒是讽刺都布董。sorry to all.nothing can beat a pure heart!

impressive!seems India has better roads than China 2013.not to mention about 1990.I lost round 3.
:cry:

did he say India has better roads??Anyways situation is improving

India still have a long way to go,but right now things are improving.new infrastructure like rapid transit,monorails,expressways and highways,new cities,new dedicated freight rail lines,industrial corridors and powerplants are being built

haha,do you want to debate with him?

No, He is unbeatable ,when you hit him in one point,he will immediately find another point to cover it.Like a sly fox.

In China, 200 million ppl live on less than $1.25/day, 44o million less than$2/day, 700 million less than $3/day and over 1000 million less than $4/day.
91% Chinese live on less than the bottom of 9% US population's wealth.
The pot calling the kettle black:flame:

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...ina-global-growth-engine-8.html#ixzz2VtmrrH2Q

Why are you making fun of yourself? Its an indisputable fact that India is behind China in all major economic parameters. When you are talking about how bad China is, you are saying that India is far worse.

India still have a long way to go,but right now things are improving.new infrastructure like rapid transit,monorails,expressways and highways,new cities,new dedicated freight rail lines,industrial corridors and powerplants are being built

All nations should continue to grow. But do you agree with @Truth Finder?

Last edited by a moderator:
impressive!seems India has better roads than China 2013.not to mention about 1990.I lost round 3.
:cry:

But India has a better Political system- it's called Democracy, where I can decide on my own who I think should lead me. Where every decision taken by the government reflects my will. How many centuries before you manage to 'construct' that buddy? Another 100 years?

Illiterate. Now answer, how many years will China take to reach $16 trillion from $8 trillion? (3.5 yrs!!!:rofl:)
Haven't heard of nominal gdp growth???

Who is the illiterate one? Do you even understand how nominal GDP growth is assessed?

Let me teach you:

You have the real GDP growth + inflation + currency appreciation rate relative to US dollar

China average growth: Let's say 8%

Inflation rate: Let's say 4% (average of the last 10 years)

Yuan currency appreciation: Let's say 3% (although will probably be higher because of pressure from the US and China transforming into consumption-driven economy over the next two decades)

So what is the total, math genius? 15% growth in Nominal GDP

Compare to the US average. Let's say US somehow starts growing at 4% a year, and they keep inflation to 2% a year. (Probably won't happen but let's see anyway).

Plug that in. What did you get? China will double GDP easily in 5-6 years, and will surpass the US GDP no later than 2020.

Help yourself dummy: Daily chart: Rancho eclipse | The Economist

Yuan currency appreciation: Let's say 3% (although will probably be higher because of pressure from the US and China transforming into consumption-driven economy over the next two decades)

Honestly I don‘t want the yuan currency rising so fast although it can help china become the world‘s largest economy earlier,but for a long term to see ,it may hurt china.

Agree. It is having some negative effect on small firms already, not to mention inflation.

In China, 200 million ppl live on less than $1.25/day, 44o million less than$2/day, 700 million less than $3/day and over 1000 million less than $4/day.
91% Chinese live on less than the bottom of 9% US population's wealth.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...ina-global-growth-engine-8.html#ixzz2VtmrrH2Q

I love how you round up by more than 200 million. Typical misleading Hindu.

First of all, the statistics are 5 years old. Secondly, even these 5-year-old statistics show Chinese poverty at:

Less than $1.25 a day: 13.1% (172 million)

Less than $2 a day: 29.8% (394 million)

Less than $2.5 a day: 39.9% (528 million)

Less than $4 a day: 62% (821 million)

Less than $5 a day: 71.6% (948 million)

Here is India for 2010:

less than $1.25 a day: 32.7% (400 million)

less than $2 a day: 68.7% (841 million)

less than $2.5 a day: 81.1% (992 million)

less than $4 a day: 93.7% (1,148 million)

less than $5 a day: 96.9% (1,179 million)

And just to show you how inaccurate these figures are, China poverty headcount ratio for $1.25 decreased from 13% in 2008 to 11% in 2009.

As for India, here are some interesting statistics:

Poverty in India is widespread, with the nation estimated to have a third of the world's poor. In 2010, the World Bank reported that 32.7% of the total Indian people fall below the international poverty line of US$ 1.25 per day (PPP) while 68.7% live on less than US$ 2 per day.

According to 2010 data from the United Nations Development Programme, an estimated 29.8% of Indians live below the country's national poverty line. A 2010 report by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) states that 8 Indian states have more poor people than 26 poorest African nations combined which totals to more than 410 million poor in the poorest African countries.

The latest UNICEF data shows that one in three malnourished children worldwide are found In India, whilst 42% of the nation's children under five years of age are underweight. It also shows that a total of 58% of children under five surveyed were stunted. Rohini Mukherjee, of the Naadi foundation — one of the NGOs that published the report — stated India is "doing worse than sub-Saharan Africa."

The 2011 Global Hunger Index (GHI) Report places India amongst the three countries where the GHI between 1996 and 2011 went up from 22.9 to 23.7, while 78 out of the 81 developing countries studied, including Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Kenya, Nigeria, Myanmar, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Malawi, succeeded in improving hunger conditions.

OUCH!!

Poverty in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poverty in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom