What's new

Why india has to ally with US

From my perspective India has never really needed the US to become what it is today. India has one thing going for it. Economy. You can keep relations cordial with US, but why get dragged into their geo-political schemes. You can make US your slave economically. If you don't believe me, ask CHINA!

I write this without any bias, but Indian trolls are just trying to hate..

Finally you are making sense. Refer to my post a few posts before and I am saying the exact same thing.

Was wondering how long it would take you to go into personal attacks. Am surprised it took you this long this time.

Nobody is on "India's side".

The reason nobody talks about Indian hegemony is because nobody outside the West takes India's rise seriously. It is only the Western media that props up the Indian ego to goad it into brash moves like the Vietnam-India oil deal. The West has India's psyche figured out to a T.

Here's how you started out this thread:

"China's strategic objective is over time to reduce US military influence and, as a consequence, US alliances in East Asia and the Pacific."

What, pray you, is the point of military alliances, if not a willingness to go to war?

saying your personal opinion/ agenda does not matter when the countries in question and their heads think otherwise is getting personal? Okey dookie then LOL

If nobody is on india's side as you claim and then saying nobody but media talks about hedgemony... . mind you, you are then contridcting your own meme- when you say with conviction India aspires to be a regional bully. which is it? LOL . AGAIN your personal opinion and agenda don't matter- countries love india, one has to be blind to not read what they say about India. there facts and then there are imaginations...

Its not a military only alliance it is strategic alliance. take NATO for example, did it go to war with russia? nope- did it stop its influence in its region because of the alliance- yes.

Btw - why you getting so bent out of shape about India's outlook and allies? :D

You insist on not reading my post about how it is not about going to war. so I'll re post it here. I won't hold my breath that you will actually read it but --

This is not about India, Pakistan and China's borders. This is not about India’s internal security concerns with China. It’s about a much larger picture. None of the so called calls for peace make a darn difference to the matter on hand. The Chinese on these boards will try to guide you to think that way because it plays right into their books.

Noticed not one ever denied the fact that the Chinese goal is to reign in Asia, remove all US influence and be able to do what they have done in south china sea. Yes- South China Sea is a future predicator and indicator of how they will strive to always bully nations in the region to their way or high way. Its freaking wake up call, a slap on ones face, a glaring example of what is to come from them.

Keep in mind these are not my personal views only, it is the view of Japan, Korea, Philippines, Vietnam, Australia and INDIA.

You see no amount of peace will stop their aspirations and single goal. That being the master of all in Asia -and a military bully in the region. If India wants to relent that role to them - then fine , be in their shadow and get bullied and expect to be a dud on the international stage.

But - voila! the Indian foreign service heads don't. Every indicator is that they understand that relenting Asia to China is their death knoll. The direction India is headed is where every , I mean every other nation in Asia that matters is going i.e. getting closer to the US to mitigate what would be the most dangerous power in this part of the world - China.

chini ge gulam mut bano, ek second may - ye log appa ka khun pi lenge

Finally you are making sense. Refer to my post a few posts before and I am saying the exact same thing.

I always make sense. I write posts in an obscure style to make others think outside the box.

From my perspective India has never really needed the US to become what it is today. India has one thing going for it. Economy. You can keep relations cordial with US, but why get dragged into their geo-political schemes. You can make US your slave economically. If you don't believe me, ask CHINA!

I write this without any bias, but Indian trolls are just trying to hate..

your prespective is singular and not realted to topic at hand w/ critical thinking. It is about how you hate the idea that India has a venue to stop china's influence. surprising coming from a supposed american...I never imagined a countries citizen going don't deal with my country, don't ally with it.

Pardon me sir, but weren't you saying the opposite?

India wants to work with United states in certain areas (geo political space), works with China in other areas.

That is the opposite of what RazPak was saying, when he mentioned that India should not engaged with the US in their geopolitical schemes. I agree with him on that note though, & disagree with you there. The US isn't even a stable economic power now either.

your prespective is singular and not realted to topic at hand w/ critical thinking. It is about how you hate the idea that India has a venue to stop china's influence. surprising coming from a supposed american...I never imagined a countries citizen going don't deal with my country, don't ally with it.

Why are you crying? And why do you always have to accuse members of their citizenship? Derailing your own thread, as always? You're the type that would sell India to the United States. You made the thread, I post my opinion without bias and all of sudden I'm not a citizen of the US. :rofl:

Maybe it's time you change your Indian flag?

That is the opposite to what RazPak was saying, when he mentioned that India should not engaged with the US in their geopolitical schemes. I agree with him on that note though, & disagree with you there. The US isn't even a stable economic power now.

and that is an unbias opinion- you forgot to add that caveat :). you know India bad bad bad 364 days and on the 365th day . I really think this is bad for india, I say it because I'm so concerned for India. do you guys really think most of us fall for it. really, come on :)

That is the opposite of what RazPak was saying, when he mentioned that India should not engaged with the US in their geopolitical schemes. I agree with him on that note though, & disagree with you there. The US isn't even a stable economic power now.

Well, If Tom, Dick or Harry says India should not engage US in an area of mutual interest then do you really think you will be taken seriously. To be an ally (read subordinate) is a different thing to working on aspects that are mutually beneficial. India should partner US in a range of areas and if it is beneficial to India, why not ?

That is the opposite of what RazPak was saying, when he mentioned that India should not engaged with the US in their geopolitical schemes. I agree with him on that note though, & disagree with you there. The US isn't even a stable economic power now either.

The US is a consumer based nation and unless a fundamental change occurs, it will remain that way and slowly it's power will decline.

How is your Indian hegemony theory related to India partnering/not partnering with USA in future ?

India and the US share common interests at this point in time: to contain China. The US is willing to play along because it sees China as a much bigger threat to its hegemony than India. If they thought India had a greater chance to unseat them from their throne, they would help China against India.

saying your personal opinion/ agenda does not matter when the countries in question and their heads think otherwise is getting personal? Okey dookie then LOL

We are not talking about personal opinions, but national polls. As much as you wish otherwise, nobody in Asia looks to India as their savior from big bad China. Nobody is on "India's side" against a rising China.

If nobody is on india's side as you claim and then saying nobody but media talks about hedgemony... . mind you, you are then contridcting your own meme- when you say with conviction India aspires to be a regional bully. which is it?

What are you on about? Read my post again.

Less nitrous oxide and more oxygen this time please.

Its not a military only alliance it is strategic alliance. take NATO for example, did it go to war with russia? nope- did it stop its influence in its region because of the alliance- yes.

Are you seriously saying NATO is not a military alliance? Do we really need to go into how NATO got involved in Afghansitan?

Btw - why you getting so bent out of shape about India's outlook and allies? :D

Bent out of shape? Just because I give you a reality check about this supposed grand alliance on "India's side" against China?

You insist on not reading my post about how it is not about going to war. so I'll re post it here. I won't hold my breath that you will actually read it but --

I read it just fine. Here again is what you wrote

You see no amount of peace will stop their aspirations and single goal.

Perhaps you should read your own post.

Well, If Tom, Dick or Harry says India should not engage US in an area of mutual interest then do you really think you will be taken seriously. To be an ally (read subordinate) is a different thing to working on aspects that are mutually beneficial. India should partner US in a range of areas and if it is beneficial to India, why not ?

Can you tell me what the mutual interests (geopolitical & others) of the US & India are?

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

and that is an unbias opinion- you forgot to add that caveat :). you know India bad bad bad 364 days and on the 365th day . I really think this is bad for india, I say it because I'm so concerned for India. do you guys really think most of us fall for it. really, come on :)

Instead of shooting the messenger, I'd appreciate it if we could have a mature discussion, by providing good arguments related to the topic at hand. If you don't want to do that, then what's the point?

India and the US share common interests at this point in time: to contain China. The US is willing to play along because it sees China as a much bigger threat to its hegemony than India. If they thought India had a greater chance to unseat them from their throne, they would help China against India.

We are not talking about personal opinions, but national polls. As much as you wish otherwise, nobody in Asia looks to India as their savior from big bad China. Nobody is on "India's side" against a rising China.

What are you on about? Read my post again.

Less nitrous oxide and more oxygen this time please.

Are you seriously saying NATO is not a military alliance? Do we really need to go into how NATO got involved in Afghansitan?

Bent out of shape? Just because I give you a reality check about this supposed grand alliance on "India's side" against China?

I read it just fine. Here again is what you wrote

You see no amount of peace will stop their aspirations and single goal.

Perhaps you should read your own post.

what national polls? polls in pakistan? ...heh. and who said anyone in asia looks to India to save them. the topic is about India looking out for it's interest. Jeez. you are in your zeal to argue for sake of arguing not reading the topic at hand!

I never claimed NATO was not a militray alliance , I said not just military alliance but like NATO stopped russian influence.... influence is not just military ... and US allying is not just military but strategic. Like afghanistan bore fruits. again you are getting too excited, stop read what was I said.

finally Yes I said no amount of peace will stop their single goal of being the only dominating power over asia. I never said US -India allying = going to war. Critical thinking old chap... australia is not planning to go to war, it is allying to avoid war and being dominated. so are other countries.

Can you tell me what the mutual interests (geopolitical & others) of the US & India are?

China is a global super power (in my opinion) and if it has its way, India has more to lose from China than to gain going by its growing assertiveness. China has an eye on Arunachal Pradesh and keeps fanning it to needle India from time to time. China uses Pakistan as a counter weight to India in order to keep India engaged and preoccupied with Kashmir. Example : Stapled Visas, No Visa issued to Arunachal Chief minister, etc.

US has its interests in the South China sea given that it is an established super power. US interests to contain China converge with India's interests in standing up for its core interests including the energy corridors to the east through South China sea. I can go on and on. But that should suffice.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Instead of shooting the messenger, I'd appreciate it if we could have a mature discussion, by providing good arguments related to the topic at hand. If you don't want to do that, then what's the point?

good arguments with whom? someone who is baised and comes into a debate with absolute statements that US is bad , US treats all its allies like crap and leaves them hanging? thats Baghdad bob lingo. Present some critical thinking and you will get an apt reply.

here ramu above ( and I quoted below) gave you some great arguments/ critical thinking- lets see your critcial thinking on the reply.

China is a global super power (in my opinion) and if it has its way, India has more to lose from China than to gain going by its growing assertiveness. China has an eye on Arunachal Pradesh and keeps fanning it to needle India from time to time. China uses Pakistan as a counter weight to India in order to keep India engaged and preoccupied with Kashmir. Example : Stapled Visas, No Visa issued to Arunachal Chief minister, etc.

US has its interests in the South China sea given that it is an established super power. US interests to contain China converge with India's interests in standing up for its core interests including the energy corridors to the east through South China sea. I can go on and on. But that should suffice.

Back
Top Bottom