What's new

Why i would Pick Gripen NG for MMRCA

wrong sancho- j10B is absoultly not ,i compared both and hence i posted here ,much of j 10 is surronded by mystery ,if i take consideration about Canard AS YOU SAID then SAAB VIXXON MUST BE SUPERIOR TO EF .. J 10 engine is russian with no tvc and u take my words that tvc too not gonna work in single engine... GE is light year ahead than Al 41 f , you agree or not ? Selex radar gonna be superior than any chinese AESA RADAR THEY BRINGUP IN J10B ,., NO BODY CAN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT J10B TO BE HONEST ,BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE that gripen C or D is still better than j 10B.

if i take consideration about Canard AS YOU SAID then SAAB VIXXON MUST BE SUPERIOR TO EF

What does this mean? :what:

J 10 engine is russian with no tvc and u take my words that tvc too not gonna work in single engine... GE is light year ahead than Al 41 f , you agree or not ?

We are talking about J10B right? It will have an indigenous Chinese engine, not the Russian AL 31 anymore and TVC is on the card, even offered by the Russians and the GE engine might only be light years ahead in terms of maintenance, but that won't help Gripen in combat of course.

The No 1 weapons importer should infact purchase all the latest western and Israeli aircraft in view of maintaining its current No 1 position. So India should consider investing Billions of Dollars and crore not only for the F 18 but also Gripen and of course along with F 35, F 22, F 15, Rafale, Eurofighter, Su 35.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

r u the lost brother of ChinaPak,i mean both of u lost each other when u visited kumbh Mela in India,one got raised in China as ChinaPak,and other raised in Pakistan as Pakchina,now both met each other once again at defence.pk:rofl:

Do u know ur brother also use the same language,or it may b possible that u and ur brother r the----thats a mystery.:D

r u the lost brother of ChinaPak,i mean both of u lost each other when u visited kumbh Mela in India,one got raised in China as ChinaPak,and other raised in Pakistan as Pakchina,now both met each other once again at defence.pk:rofl:

Do u know ur brother also use the same language,or it may b possible that u and ur brother r the----thats a mystery.:D

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

in reply to misterme

For tejas to morph into gripen by 2018 india needs to buy the gripen in mmrca competition. This tot and experience gained by buying the gripen will give a big boost to tejas mk2.

ineffect iaf will have 250 single engined 4.5 generation both powered by ge414 engines frm usa. The cost will be shared between the 2 types but maintenance will saved.

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE

TO BUY GRIPEN TO AID THE LCA TEJAS

Yeah no brainer for me as well....Gripen all the way. I was thinking more along of the eyes of industrial espionage but I highly doubt India is capable enough. Someone posted about MIG-35...no thanks....the key to investing is DIVERSIFY. Frankly, Russia is a hit or miss. Take the opportunity to experience other competitors.

Sancho - j 10 B t/w is 0.89 with AL 31F OR IF IT GOING TO USE FN VERSION ITS GOING TO BE 0.91 WITH TVC . BUT IF IT GOING TO USE W 10 A THEN ITS T/W COMES DOWN 0.82 TO 0.83 . J10 HAVE 11 HARDPOINT ,thats the
only +point over gripen NG.
GRIPEN NG - USE GE 414 ,ALREADY GOT 1.06T/W ,if we add the EPE version then its only going to add to its supercruise capablity and J 10 lacks always gonna lack this feature. Gripen already use one of finest datalink than anyone . Its weapons of choice are much better than chinese in any department ..

Sancho - j 10 B t/w is 0.89 with AL 31F OR IF IT GOING TO USE FN VERSION ITS GOING TO BE 0.91 WITH TVC . BUT IF IT GOING TO USE W 10 A THEN ITS T/W COMES DOWN 0.82 TO 0.83 . J10 HAVE 11 HARDPOINT ,thats the
only +point over gripen NG.
GRIPEN NG - USE GE 414 ,ALREADY GOT 1.06T/W ,if we add the EPE version then its only going to add to its supercruise capablity and J 10 lacks always gonna lack this feature. Gripen already use one of finest datalink than anyone . Its weapons of choice are much better than chinese in any department ..

Actually, J10A with AL31 has already a T/W ratio of 0.91, J10B with the WS10 will increase the ratio and not reduce it, because it offers more thrust than the Russian engine.
Gripen NG has not such a T/W ratio, that's just a wiki myth, you just need to look at the basic specs to see it. Afterburner thrust 98kN / but over 10t empty weight and internal fuel, so T/W ratio below 1!

Btw, much of J10Bs capabilities are unknown, because these infos will not reported in the media so easily, but it is already available as prototypes. Gripen E/F capabilities are also widely unclear, because it is still not available yet. We only see the Gripen Demonstrator flying and testing, but the real E/F prototypes are still waiting for the final designs.

i knew it lol that you going to say wiki myth ,so here's a link from a serious gripen enthusiastic lol Jas 39 Gripen NG

Better a Gripen fanboy, because he calculated with 117kN thrust that the 414 EPE might offer in future, but as you know the NG is flying with the normal 98kN engine.

Exactly because most of the ratios available on the net are not reliable (based on different specs, with different loads, with dry, or AB thrust...) I calculated them myself. Try it also with the real AB thrust and you will see the reality. :)

sancho! ok can we put LCA MK2 ENGINE INTO GRIPEN NG.. If yes then where's the problem in upgrading it,to EPE .?

i dön't know how to calcute T/W but am damn sure even with 98KN ,its way greater than 1.0

Also there should be no comparision b/w twin engine and single engine both got pros and cons.

sancho! ok can we put LCA MK2 ENGINE INTO GRIPEN NG.. If yes then where's the problem in upgrading it,to EPE .?

What makes you believe that we get the EPE? So far there is no official source that would confirm that and if we look at the price we pay for the 107 engines, it looks just like the cost for normal GE414 engines.
Btw, if we can have LCA with EPE, AESA, IRST, low RCS and more range, why should we buy Gripen E/F for higher costs?

Also there should be no comparision b/w twin engine and single engine both got pros and cons.

The comparison is not about single, or twin engine fighters, but about medium class fighters and yes they have different pros and cons, but that has to do with single, or twin engine design too. That makes Gripen more cost-effective than Rafale, but on the other side offer less performance with heavier loads.

Please don't post so many1 liners and use the edit function to add things, thx!

Back
Top Bottom