What's new

Why don't gulf Arab countries experiance terrorism?

They appear to be the safest nations in the muslim world in terms of low number of terrorist attacks. Even turkey has the occasional bombing by pkk. So What differentiates them from everyone esle?

A bit obvious, no? They don't have any separatist movement, and they are not under occupation by a foreign army deemed hostile by local poplations. Their oil-wealth may also offset the ability of jihadist groups to lure disenfranchised young men, as happens, for example, in Yemen. And by the way, their situation isn't that exceptional. I'm not aware either of terrorist movements haunting Kazakhstan or other Muslim-majority former Soviet republics. Same for Malaysia, Albania, Brunei, Senegal, etc. In the Arab world, apart from the Gulf countries, North Africa seems mostly terrorism-free. And in the Middle East proper, seems that, since Israel withdrew from Lebanon, the country hasn't known terrorism (though Lebanon is still unstable and clashes between armed factions happen from time to time).

KSA, Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE dont experience terrorism because they have oil, If you are talking about terrorism like talibans and alqaeda they want to have sharia laws in other muslim countries so they are trying their best to kill and remove govts to implement sharia and return to dark ages, KSA And other GCC already have Sharia Law and They want same with others, so they are supporting them with the wealth of oil and America also want oil so it wont attack GCC

i will make this reply and exception in this topic ;)

you did not read my words, you just started copying and pasting LOL, i said take it easy and relax you know what i said is the truth whether you like it or not, it is just the plain simple truth, iran is rich country but destroyed by it is failure regime corrupted regime (i genuinely feel sorry for iranians and i hope some day they have thier freedom).

on the other hand assad regime is over, Mujahideen May Allah bless them now are in damascus and every where they are gaining more grounds, so you need to relax and take that easy, Allah promised the opressed with victory and definetly assad is not just an opressor he is a war criminal who is genociding muslim women and children in syria, so it is matter of time (assad electronic army should not waste time and effort writing on internet)...it is over....Allah is the greatest and the granter of victory.

GCC countries take care of thier people, thats why it is stable and their rulers in general are loved by thier people in contrary to iran or syria :) simple truth even people in the US and Europe know that perfectly, don't deny it.

Any way as for this topic that will be my last post in this topic, there is not much to add also i don't like discussing things with people who are hired to copy and paste certain pharases and funny words

Yes of course, Saudi Arabian mujahideen now in syria, they are there over throwing assad and kicking the butt of russia and iran out of occupied syria to give muslims of syria thier liberty and freedom from Russia, Iran and baathist regime, Actually some Chychnians mujahideen are there too ;) freedom is coming to syrians whether iran & russia & israel like it or not ;)

Bye bye a$$-ad and his slaves

To all dear forumers,This is an example and a very good reason that why GCC do not see terrorism,because they created terrorism,and this guy,is a very good outcome of that mess.

Just look at his obsession toward Iran,look how all his posts are aimed at Iran or Shias.This is what they are taught in those 'Madresas':Hate Shias,Hate non-Wahabis,hate infidels,blow them up,kill them,may Allah grant you a Visa to Jannah.

To all dear forumers,This is an example and a very good reason that why GCC do not see terrorism,because they created terrorism,and this guy,is a very good outcome of that mess.

Just look at his obsession toward Iran,look how all his posts are aimed at Iran or Shias.This is what they are taught in those 'Madresas':Hate Shias,Hate non-Wahabis,hate infidels,blow them up,kill them,may Allah grant you a Visa to Jannah.

Are you sure that we are the ones who are obsessed with Iran?! I invite you to get a daily look at Press TV, Farce News, Al-Alam and other Iranian websites and compare them to Arab ones. I was shocked with the overwhelming amount of hate and deliberate mendacity. Your officials have such dark hearts.

Are you sure that we are the ones who are obsessed with Iran?! I invite you to get a daily look at Press TV, Farce News, Al-Alam and other Iranian websites and compare them to Arab ones. I was shocked with the overwhelming amount of hate and deliberate mendacity. Your officials have such dark hearts.

First,I'm talking about normal citizens,not the governments.
Second,you would be surprised to go and visit Farsnews or Presst now or any other time,they have the same amount of news about Arab countries as other medias in the world.Besides,when you blame Iran,you should take a look on those propaganda outlets like AlJazeera,Al-Arabiya,AlSharq-al-Awsat and many others,their obsession with Iran is so high,much more than medias in Iran.

Don't just throw the ball in Iran's field,you should take a look on your side too.

First,I'm talking about normal citizens,not the governments.
Second,you would be surprised to go and visit Farsnews or Presst now or any other time,they have the same amount of news about Arab countries as other medias in the world.Besides,when you blame Iran,you should take a look on those propaganda outlets like AlJazeera,Al-Arabiya,AlSharq-al-Awsat and many others,their obsession with Iran is so high,much more than medias in Iran.

Don't just throw the ball in Iran's field,you should take a look on your side too.

Look, I haven't checked news today, would you like to see who are the obsessed ones? You would see one news every two or three days about Iran while your media podcast venomous news about Arabs every few hours.

BlackEagle:As you know,me and you have arguements once in a while and as you know,it really goes nowhere,you know that better than me.So why not end this one here and settle this peacefully?:tongue:
I'm sure if we continue this debate,it won't end for days.

Well, someone needs to write a research-paper on the correlation between FX renumeration (by Pakistanis in the Arab-lands) and religious-conservatism in Pakistan.

"Doodh ka doodh, paani ka paani," i.e., it will be a watershed moment for the decision-makers in Pakistan!

And by the way who told you we did not experience terrorism?? We did from 2003-2006 Al-Qaeda did a major terror offensive against KSA with many terror bombings but in the end they got defeated so hard they had to run away to lawless Yemen to protect their sorry behinds.

If someone as simply as mutters the word Jihad they will disappear never to be seen again.

However, I saw many Saudi members here support Jihad and Mujaheddin in Syria, so again you support it to destroy other countries only.

reading all the comments from pakitanis and others - it feels like you dont need india or amreeka to destroy pakistan - the arabs
are doing a better job than anyone :what:

Yet another thread started by and for trolls to vent their usual anti-Muslim, anti-Arab babblings.

Yet more persecutional whining from a defensively pricky Muslim?

Leaving aside people's agendas and focusing the specific question in the OP, the reason is that GCC countries have a draconian law enforcement system that has zero tolerance for any misconduct. That is why you will see jewelry shops left unattended in KSA while the owner goes for prayers. Any would-be terrorists know the dire consequences that await them and anyone involved in planning the attacks.

Unmitigated bullshit. Comparing a fidayeen fanatic waiting for his comeuppance with perks to a common burglar.

Since when have terrorists been caught or treated different anywhere in the world? A terrorist will be gunned down like a dog wherever he creates terror. That does not stop terror attacks elsewhere.

Capital punishments happen in other countries as well - with or without due process. When has that stopped terror?

For Pakistanis who blame the GCC countries for Pakistan's problems, it's time to accept responsibility and focus on the Pakistanis who take up the extremist views, and the Pakistani authorities who allow such lawlessness to flourish in the first place.

The thread is NOT about pontificating to Pakistan and India about where they go wrong and what they should do

The topic is why the Gulf countries do not suffer the scourge they unleash on the world.

Please stick to the topic and stop flaying around because you feel your religion is being wrongly targeted. Yet again.

For Indians with their predictable Muslim bashing and Jewish boot-licking, you are well advised to right the ills within your own society instead of blaming the evil "moooslims" for your troubles.

Yet more cliched whining. Getting really tiresome. Stick to the topic please.

Why do Gulf countries not suffer from terrorism.

Start another topic for Indian Jewish boot licking to indulge yourself elsewhere. I may even drop by.

And to OP, we do not experience terrorism because the pool to draw terrorist from is extremely low (Poor, uneducated) As Oil Wealth has allowed the average joe in GCC to be more Educated than their poorer counterparts in the rest of the "Muslim world" sort to speak.
Please get your facts straight. The ranks of high-profile terrorism suspects boast plenty of middle-class, well-educated people. The would-be Times Square bomber, Faisal Shehzad, boasts an MBA and is the son of a senior Pakistani air-force officer. Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, who stands accused of lighting a makeshift bomb on a transatlantic flight in the so-called underwear plot had a degree from University College, London, and is the son of a rich Nigerian banker. The suspected suicide-bomber in the attacks in Stockholm had a degree from a British university.

Claude Berrebi of the RAND Corporation compared the characteristics of suicide-bombers recruited by Hamas and Islamic Jihad from the West Bank and Gaza with those of the general adult male Palestinian population. Nearly 60% of suicide-bombers had more than a high-school education, compared with less than 15% of the general population. They were less than half as likely to come from an impoverished family as an average adult man from the general population.

Alan Krueger of Princeton University carried out a similar exercise in Lebanon by collecting biographical information for Hizbullah militants. They too proved to be better educated and less likely to be from poor families than the general population of the Shia-dominated southern areas of Lebanon from which most came.

He found that the poorest countries, those with low literacy, or those whose economies were relatively stagnant did not produce more terrorists. Citizens of the poorest countries were the least likely to commit a suicide-attack.

Terrorism is a complex activity. So terrorist organisations prefer to recruit skilled, educated people to carry out their missions. Using a database of Palestinian suicide-bombers between the years 2000 and 2005, Mr Berrebi and Harvard University's Efraim Benmelech find that more educated suicide-bombers are assigned to attack more important targets. Such terrorists also kill more people and are less likely to fail or be caught during their attacks.

I hope this sets the record straight and dispels the myths about terrorists.

^^^^^
Some interesting facts about Mr Bin Laden:
The bin Laden family (Arabic: بن لادن‎, bin Lādin), also spelled bin Ladin, is a wealthy family intimately connected with the innermost circles of the Saudi royal family. The family was thrown into media spotlight through the activities of one of its members, Osama bin Laden, who was involved in the September 11, 2001 terror attacks on US government and commercial buildings. The financial interests of the bin Laden family are represented by the Saudi Binladin Group, a global oil and equity management conglomerate grossing $2 billion US annually, and the largest construction firm in the world, with offices in London, Dubai, and Geneva.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Laden_family

Back
Top Bottom