What's new

Why Does Our Universe Have Three Dimensions?

I tried too much, Quantum physics, String Theory, Unification Theory...But one seems to contradict the other. According to Quantum physics, there lies little probability between the thin line between chaos and Perfection. I don't buy that stuff.

And i gave up.

Quantum physics is real and depending on how deep you go into it, the results can be exceptionally useful, or meaningless garbage.

The time-independent Schrodinger Equation can be used to describe 99% of physical chemistry and solid state physics.

I don't care too much about string or unification theory, because that's the part of physics that doesn't describe real life. Applied physicists care the most about computer programming, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, classical mechanics and quantum physics, all well established things that you can design useful devices with.

I am watching Jenifer`s body movie and its difficult to think about 3rd dimension with my focus being in the dimension I am in watching Megan Fox

Why does our universe have three dimensions? Because that is what makes gravity 1/r^2. In an n dimensional world, the gravitational force between two objects separated by distance r would be proportional to 1/r^(n-1) because of the divergence theorem. Only n=3 allows for stable orbits.

So does this mean that there might me more dimension in nanoscale? Coz' in atomic dimension gravitational force is almost non existent.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quantum physics is real and depending on how deep you go into it, the results can be exceptionally useful, or meaningless garbage.

The time-independent Schrodinger Equation can be used to describe 99% of physical chemistry and solid state physics.

I don't care too much about string or unification theory, because that's the part of physics that doesn't describe real life. Applied physicists care the most about computer programming, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, classical mechanics and quantum physics, all well established things that you can design useful devices with.

Yup, we do use that a lot in our trade, ie Nanotechnology and Nanoelectronics to define electron confinement and to understand band gap principles efficiently.

Back
Top Bottom