What's new

Why China will be Super Power and India will NOT !

As soon as China implements property tax, those houses will be occupied. Now without property tax, rich people just buy up housing and hoard them without any consequence.

Also to me as an amateur, infrastructure can never be enough. Maybe some infrastructure is not efficient economically at present, but they have butterfly ripple effects to communities, businesses, etc.

I know and thanks for ur info on it. What am trying to say is a Bubble set to burst ! China demolishing newly built buildings,Bridges and other infra and building again. Just to keep the economy afloat. Chinese economy is based on two front as far as i know. EXPORTs and Infra Development . Export is decreasing at faster rate.Exports fell by 3.1 percent. The ruling party's growth target this year is 7.5 percent, down by almost half from 2007's staggering growth rate of 14.2 percent. Some analysts have suggested growth might dip below 7 percent in coming months—dangerously low by Chinese standards. China must understand even Pakistan in this case. When whole world is investing in India China must stop its adventure at LoC . Which is pathetic and for no reason but to show a lame Brave face to SCS countries. But if its flares up. China will have hard time Internally and Internationally .
Thats why i feel BRICS 's Mini World Bank should be set up as soon as Possible . And I heard the GOI is mulling Chinese counterpart for a balanced Trade. Congress govt wont do anything but incase of change in power 2014. If Modi Becomes PM of India . Its going to be 50:50 ratio in trade or atleast 55:45 % . Asian Countries must play it wit responsible or in no time NaTo willl play the Spoiler !

Indian exports to China down 30 % in first half

The widening trade imbalance is now set to exceed last year’s record $29 billion

Indian exports to China were down 30 per cent year-on-year in the first half of the year, according to new trade figures released here on Wednesday.

Overall, bilateral trade fell 7.2 per cent after six months of the year to $31.68 billion, with the decline in Indian exports to China, mainly comprised iron ore and cotton, driving the slump.

Indian imports were up 4.2 per cent to $23.62 billion, with the trade deficit reaching $15.56 billion in China’s favour, according to data released by the Chinese General Administration of Customs (GAC).

The widening trade imbalance is now set to exceed last year’s record $29 billion, even as overall bilateral trade appears to be in decline. Trade reached $66 billion last year, down from $73 billion in 2011 when China was India’s biggest trade partner.

The GAC trade data painted a gloomy picture of China’s foreign trade, as exports overall fell for the first time in 17 months. Analysts who had expected a 3-4 per cent rise in exports in recent surveys were left surprised by a 3.1 per cent year-on-year decline, while imports fell by 0.7 per cent.

The 2 per cent decline in foreign trade was largely the result of continuing weak global demand, coupled with slowing domestic demand and higher labour costs at home, Zheng Yuesheng, a spokesperson for the GAC, told reporters.

“In the short-term, all these risks cannot be eliminated,” he said, according to the official Xinhua news agency.

Mr. Zheng forecast a continuing decline in China’s demand for resources in a suggestion that Indian exports to China — driven mainly by iron ore and other commodities — are unlikely to recover in the second half of the year. The Chinese economy grew 7.8 per cent in 2012, and recorded 7.7 per cent growth in the first quarter of the year.

WHICH IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO INDIA !

China pledges to fix trade deficit issue with India
‘Balanced trade is conducive to interests of both sides’

China is sending an investment promotion mission and one of the biggest ever business delegations to India next week to accompany Premier Li Keqiang on his State visit, top officials said on Thursday, to demonstrate that the government was taking ‘very seriously’ the widening trade imbalance.

China and India are, next week, expected to sign a number of business cooperation agreements, including investment and financing deals, as Mr. Li travels to New Delhi and Mumbai.

His visit takes place against the backdrop of fast-rising bilateral trade, which reached $66 billion last year as China became India’s second-largest trading partner. Bilateral trade stood at a few billion dollars a decade ago.

What happend is India must had discussed abt it with China as preasure with the Party and With in the Country is growing. If India can get its Trade balanced It will be a great day for both India and China as both will try to increase the amount too !

No doubt at all.
We are far behind china.

sadly that's true man. :hitwall:

:cheers:

Nexus Ji you are right. We are really Killing our own Growth. Corruption in Communication,Railways,Infra ,Defence ,Poverty Program ,Schools What is left :undecided:

China already there ! It will take few years to over take USA. If there is no democracy like India's . Communist party is good for China but am not quite sure about people freedom . Yet as whole China is right there... !

good to u are active here.

Just yesterday, supreme court passed a law. According to the new law, convicted MPs and MLAs will now lose their seats and they have to quit.

Till date our law was to allow elected representative to remain in office while they challenged guilty verdict in higher courts.

Good start.

from an outsider point of view, I think that Chinese people has been very united and believe in their government so much ( I dont want to talk about how much Chinese media educated Chinese citizen in the way media and the government want. It is such great work). That is the advantage that India does not have since inside India, people do not trust in their government. There are a lot of separatists and the law is also not strict.

from an outsider point of view, I think that Chinese people has been very united and believe in their government so much ( I dont want to talk about how much Chinese media educated Chinese citizen in the way media and the government want. It is such great work). That is the advantage that India does not have since inside India, people do not trust in their government. There are a lot of separatists and the law is also not strict.
Who said Chinese People are happy with their Govt ? I let other Chinese people to respond to this . In china people's wish dont matter atall. If once Communist Party decise on a issue thats it ! But in India people protest if they dont like. Both have Pros and Cons ,. But stupid politicians Protest of nothing but to derail India's Growth

They are happy becoz they dont know what freedom is.

Götterdämmerung;4514211 said:
Does that mean you are unhappy because you know what freedom is?
Who's unhappy? Look up the happiness index and you will see where India is. We are not a materialist culture.

And I thought the Germans were the most sensible of all Europeans.:hitwall:

Who said Chinese People are happy with their Govt ? I let other Chinese people to respond to this . In china people's wish dont matter atall. If once Communist Party decise on a issue thats it ! But in India people protest if they dont like. Both have Pros and Cons ,. But stupid politicians Protest of nothing but to derail India's Growth

That's so untrue. I feel Chinese government listens to the people too much, esp. I am sometimes outraged at popular opinions' interference in judicial process. Another example is raising retirement age to 65 from 60 for men and 60 from 55 for women. Now I feel so strange that I would have to retire at 60! But the people don't want to work at 60 so the proposal is now also scrapped. Oh well, believe whatever you want, but to me, the Chinese government should not listen to the people on those issues. Leave national policies to experts and stop interfering with self interests!

If this was the case in India, the human Rights would have already shown symptoms of rabies....

Who's unhappy? Look up the happiness index and you will see where India is. We are not a materialist culture.

And I thought the Germans were the most sensible of all Europeans.:hitwall:

Why do think we are such a f*i*l*t*h*y rich country? Certainly not because we think materialism is something bad. And yes, we are a very sensible lot of people, we can't accept status quo and although our living standard is amongst the highest in the world, we still see so many, virtually everything, that could and should be improved.

If you Indians are happy with the status quo, why the need to change anything, right? That indeed is very sensible! :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom