What's new

Who will Win in a BD - Myanmar Naval War?

1. Union of Myanmar Navy (UMN), the Burmese Navy like the air force have been neglected always by the army dominated junta of Burma. As such they are no match to the professionalism and organization of work of BN.

2. However, Burma would like to cross swords with BD on land where she thinks she has a superior and well experienced force steeled in fighting insurgents from inception. There again, BD is going to deploy for set piece battles using tactics and doctrine that her bright and highly professional officers have been learning and practicing.

The trump in the basket of BD is the Mujahids. These are Rohingya Arakanese Muslims known for their fighting prowess and bravery. Of all the insurgents that the Burmese have faced, this is the one they fear most. Once the guns start booming even the Rakhines Buddhists, who hate the Burmese more than the Rohingya Muslims, will join in the kill.

You are right. Arakan was never a part of Burma until 1824. Arakan itself was annexed by the Presidency of (British) Bengal in 1817 as a result of Bengal-Burma war that was initiated when the Burmese invaded and annexed the independent Assam. The assam expedition escalated and the British Bengal had to secure Arakan lead an invasion to Burma.

When the British found it difficult to maintain administrative control over Arakan, it decided to hand over this land to the British Burma govt in 1824. So, the Arakanese, who were always in good (and bad) terms with Bengal are now in living in a country they dispise. They want to become an independent country if not a part of Bangladesh. So, there are groups of Mujahids inside Arakan who are waiting for a chance to revolt against burma.

In 2001, when Burma amassed about 50,000 troops along our border, BD amassed only 20,000 of its troops. But, the Arakanese assets prepared themselves against the Burmese troops expecting it to be a great opportunity to seccede from Burma. They scouted our commandos who were seeking to destroy the bridges, culverts, river ports, transports etc. so that the Burmese army did not get logistics support from its HQ.

Arakanese Muslim Mujahids are always waiting for an opportunity to seccede from Burma. A BD-Burma war serves their interest.

Mayanmar will never take such decision. Because that will be the worst decision of the century. They will be just destroyed & their name will be vanish from the history. We have more political relation with the world & our economy is better than them. So we can fight it better & longer. But the main fact is that we have four time larger population than them. Our people will not lose an opportunity to occupy a big land with a few people. We need lands so we should start war first.

Mayanmar will never take such decision. Because that will be the worst decision of the century. They will be just destroyed & their name will be vanish from the history. We have more political relation with the world & our economy is better than them. So we can fight it better & longer. But the main fact is that we have four time larger population than them. Our people will not lose an opportunity to occupy a big land with a few people. We need lands so we should start war first.
jtaoea.jpg

Get them coming..............We have our military power so what to fear...............Actually they are fearing us if we attack them first..............but we r keeping close eye on them................If they do anything unnecessary we will take action. Big bro should keep calm always.

There will be no war between Bangladesh and Myanmar. We had a conflict over delimitation of the sea territory. But, both the countries have accepted the UN verdict. However, I believe either a war or in the absence of a war a kind of intimidation and bullying can happen when one of the two countries is too weak comparing to the other. This kind of unbalanced military power can be seen in case of BD and India. But, Myanmar and BD are almost equal in military strength.

So, I do not expect a war. However, I must say very little time is left to a country when it suddenly finds itself in a war against its neighbour. So, a country has to prepare itself to face any eventuality. During the time after this thread has started BD has bought or is buying $2 to $3 billion worth of weapons from abroad.

These include Russian, US and American planes, Chinese tanks, Chinese and South korean frigates, UK corvettes, US patrol boats. BD will also buy two submarines from China and one sq. of Russian Su-30M2 fighter planes. BD is now building five missile-fitted fast attack patrol boats in the KSY with Chinese technological assistance. There are many many others weapons such as short range SAMs.

The military believes BAF and BN need more and more improvements. So, these two branches are now being strengthen with the addition of many new armaments. Comparing what we had been two years ago, I believe, our total strength has doubled although the total manpower has not been increased. Bangladesh will have the leanest but finest military in the region. And this military will be able to project its force outside its boundary a little now. This is what vision-2030 says of.

wow..Banana got banned doing justice to his name, but his thread survived till this day. A bad deed is never lost.

There will be no war between Bangladesh and Myanmar. We had a conflict over delimitation of the sea territory. But, both the countries have accepted the UN verdict. However, I believe either a war or in the absence of a war a kind of intimidation and bullying can happen when one of the two countries is too weak comparing to the other. This kind of unbalanced military power can be seen in case of BD and India. But, Myanmar and BD are almost equal in military strength.

So, I do not expect a war. However, I must say very little time is left to a country when it suddenly finds itself in a war against its neighbour. So, a country has to prepare itself to face any eventuality. During the time after this thread has started BD has bought or is buying $2 to $3 billion worth of weapons from abroad.

These include Russian, US and American planes, Chinese tanks, Chinese and South korean frigates, UK corvettes, US patrol boats. BD will also buy two submarines from China and one sq. of Russian Su-30M2 fighter planes. BD is now building five missile-fitted fast attack patrol boats in the KSY with Chinese technological assistance. There are many many others weapons such as short range SAMs.

The military believes BAF and BN need more and more improvements. So, these two branches are now being strengthen with the addition of many new armaments. Comparing what we had been two years ago, I believe, our total strength has doubled although the total manpower has not been increased. Bangladesh will have the leanest but finest military in the region. And this military will be able to project its force outside its boundary a little now. This is what vision-2030 says of.

All well...but in a war between BD-Burma I'll side with Burma. Bangladeshi people still don't realize the mastermind behind who makes tense relation between us :whistle: . Before drawing Burma as our enemy our people should think this 1st and stop shouting against them.

Welcome brother,we want a good economic and social bond with Myanmar.I hope you want the same and wish you good luck for your steps towards democracy.

Looks like that one's going to be his sole post on this forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom