What's new

Which is Your Favourite ( Made in India ) Missile and Why ?

Which is Your Favourite Missile ??

• Angi Ballistic Missile I/II

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Agni V ICBM

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Shaurya Missile ( Land Based )

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Sagarika SLBM

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Astra BVR Missile

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Akash SAM

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Prithvi Missile

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Nag Missile

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Brahmos Missile

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Brahmos II ( Hypersonic Version )

Votes: 23 19.5%

• Total voters
My vote goes to BrahMos II, the fastest cruise missile in the world with a speed of Mach 5.26

India.gif

Hi everyone!
This is my first post here though I've been a long time lurker on this forum.
It's astonishing to see that only one person has voted for nag until now! This missile has catapulted india to the top tier of countries with advanced anti tank projectiles.:mps:

^^^exactly...and I was the one to vote for it...I too think that Nag is the best example of advancing technology superiority of India...and also it has proved to be the best export missile of DRDO

Last edited:
Has there been any activity on the export front for nag? I'm not so sure about this. There was something regarding this on wiki however it was not substantiated. But I'd be glad if proved wrong!:toast_sign:

@joker..

So u too are having the 'nuke phobia'... Blow india in one go ... Shaheen Gauri.. Blah Blah...

1. India CAN do the same and Retaliation will be MASSIVE.

2. While Pak will rely ONLY on Shaheen/Gauri .. But for the Massive Second Strike India can USE...

A. Agni II/III
B. Shauria Hypersonic
C. ALCM Supersonic Brahmos
D. Sagarika
E. Hypersonic Brahmos

3. If Luck is on our side.. There are good Chances that we will survice the First Attack .... Due to..

1. S 300 PMU
2. PAD/AAD BMD
3. AKASH/SPYDERs against F16s

PAKISTAN HAS NO SUCH SAFETY MEASURES... AGNI IS 1000% SURE TO HIT AS PAKISTAN HAS NO BMD/SAM.

India wont launch First...So Think about Shaheen ONLY is u want PAK to be a History Forever... Most Importantly Due to Its Own SUICIDAL Attack on a Mighty Neighbour.

Add to this our fleet of remote sensing & spy satellites, giving real time imagery at high resolution. Since the territory of Pakistan is relatively small, it will not be very difficult to monitor most of it remotely by satellites, UAVs and AWACs. Pakistan doesn't have Silo fired or canisterised missiles or SLBMs. Most Pakistani strategic missiles are fired from mobile launchers, which can be easily detected. By the time Pakistan arms their missiles with warhead and readies the missiles for launch, they would have been detected by the satellites and UAV's. Any IAF frontline fighter like Su-30MKI or Mig-29 on patrol close to the border can be vectored within minutes to the launch sites and the missiles can be neutralised before launch. Also, tactical missiles like Bhrahmos LACM of army can be used for this purpose. I would expect most of Pakistani TEL launchers to be nutralised within the first few hours of a full-scale war.

I remember the thread yesterday where one of the indian member claimed India to be the largest Muslim Navy force in the world. If that logic is applied here, my favourite will be when India name any missile after Muslim name :cheers:

for now all are made to destroy for Pakistan and India so no favourite please :)

Its not offensive post, only my point of view

I take your suggestion seriously. We should name one on APJ, he is my hero.

Don't kid yourself, our first strike will be so massive it will limit your second strike capability. Make no mistake in a nuclear war your misslies will mean nothing, India will be finished, hundred of millions dead. Its stupid how your forces are situated right near Pakistan border for a so called "quick response", they will be the first one to suffer Pakistan's wrath.

I feel Pakistans nuclear and missile capability is overstated. At last count Pakistan had fewer than 100 nuclear warheads, the actual numbers would be much low. The actual inventory of Pakistans strategic missiles like Shaheen and Gauri and their launchers is not known, but its a safe guess that there are few dozen of them, considering their limited industrial and manufacturing capability. Pakistan does not have silo fired or submarine launched MRBM's and all their missiles are launched from mobile TEL's. Mobile TELs can be easily detected and nutralised, before they can launch any missile. India has the remote sensing capability to detect any missile launch preparation. Most of Pakistani territory is within a few minutes of striking range from Indian border. Considering this, I really doubt whether Pakistan would be able to succesfuly launch more than a handful of nuclear tipped missiles. In the present situation, PAF is not in a position for any deep penetration strikes to reach any major Indian city.
Over and above this, India has quite adequate ABM and SAM capability to take down any Pakistani missile which could be launched.
Pakistan at most would be able to do some damage, destroy a few Indian cities, but nothing more. But India is capable of completely destroying Pakistan, and Pakistan could do nothing about it.

I feel Pakistans nuclear and missile capability is overstated. At last count Pakistan had fewer than 100 nuclear warheads, the actual numbers would be much low. The actual inventory of Pakistans strategic missiles like Shaheen and Gauri and their launchers is not known, but its a safe guess that there are few dozen of them, considering their limited industrial and manufacturing capability. Pakistan does not have silo fired or submarine launched MRBM's and all their missiles are launched from mobile TEL's. Mobile TELs can be easily detected and nutralised, before they can launch any missile. India has the remote sensing capability to detect any missile launch preparation. Most of Pakistani territory is within a few minutes of striking range from Indian border. Considering this, I really doubt whether Pakistan would be able to succesfuly launch more than a handful of nuclear tipped missiles. In the present situation, PAF is not in a position for any deep penetration strikes to reach any major Indian city.
Over and above this, India has quite adequate ABM and SAM capability to take down any Pakistani missile which could be launched.
Pakistan at most would be able to do some damage, destroy a few Indian cities, but nothing more. But India is capable of completely destroying Pakistan, and Pakistan could do nothing about it.

The worse part is even if a single Nuke Hits Delhi or Mumbai... The Game is Over as We are an Economic Power.

Pakistan has Nothing to loose in its "less" densely populated cities .. even if 10 are "evaporated".

Our Biggest advantage will be Not to have an Edge in Terms of Greater no. of nukes or launch platforms but KEEPING THE OPPONENT AT ALARM.. THET IF THEY LAUNCH .. WHATEVER BE THE MAGNITUDE OF FIRST STRIKE WE WILL RETALIATE SO HARD THAT THEIR FIRST STRIKE WOULD PROVE SUICIDE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

THIS IS WHY ARIHANT IS SO IMPORTANT.

Our MASSIVE Second Strike Capability is our Biggest Safety Saystem.. More than our BMD systems.

Our Biggest advantage will be Not to have an Edge in Terms of Greater no. of nukes or launch platforms but KEEPING THE OPPONENT AT ALARM.. THET IF THEY LAUNCH .. WHATEVER BE THE MAGNITUDE OF FIRST STRIKE WE WILL RETALIATE SO HARD THAT THEIR FIRST STRIKE WOULD PROVE SUICIDE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

THIS IS WHY ARIHANT IS SO IMPORTANT.

Our MASSIVE Second Strike Capability is our Biggest Safety Saystem.. More than our BMD systems.
Logical point.... The pity is some people dont understand it....

Does any body remember INDIA is trying to procure american X-band radar which is said to have capability of detecting ballistic missiles as far as 4600 Kms....

So, the moment any missile launches from their side we will be knowing about it..
Our PAD/AAD is more than enough to take care of such threats..

Bharat Dynamics to establish two missile complexes
Updated on Thursday, July 01, 2010, 15:21 IST
Tags: Bharat Dynamics Limited, Andhra Pradesh
Buzz up!
Hyderabad: Public-sector defence production unit Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) will set up two complexes for manufacturing missile systems in Andhra Pradesh at a cost of Rs 1,400 crore.

The proposed facilities are likely to come up at Ibrahimpatnam (500 acres) on the outskirts of Hyderabad and at the Lepakshi Knowledge Hub (600 acres) in Anantapur district, BDL Chairman and Managing Director Ravi Khetarpal said.

BDL CMD and Director (Technical) S N Mantha met Chief Minister K Rosaiah to brief him about their expansion plans and request the state government to allocate land for the proposed units.

"We are happy to note that BDL has decided to set up two new missile manufacturing facilities in Andhra Pradesh. The required land will be made available to them," the Chief Minister announced while releasing the new Industrial Investment Promotion Policy here Thursday.

The two new units are expected provide about 3,500 jobs directly and another 3,000 jobs indirectly, the BDL officials told the Chief Minister.

The proposed facility in Anantapur district will also have an integrated township for the employees. BDL currently has two modern manufacturing complexes spread over 1300 acres at Kanchanbagh in Hyderabad and Bhanur in Medak district of AP.

It aims to achieve a sales turnover of Rs 1,500 crore in the 2010-11 financial year.

How come SAGARIKA not winning..come on its the best weapon we have..

Back
Top Bottom