What's new

Where does the Taliban get its weapons?

The weapons mostly are coming across the border from Afghanistan different point routes some of them have been identified and guarded by troops...Large cache of weapons are purchased by india/us and provided to these groups. Russia too is helping..

jagjitnatt sadly you have no knowledge..all those home corporations making small munitions are now busted, ISI men are watching those areas..
You want more Intl?

The weapons mostly are coming across the border from Afghanistan different point routes some of them have been identified and guarded by troops...Large cache of weapons are purchased by india/us and provided to these groups. Russia too is helping..
You are seriously ill equipped as far as knowledge is concerned. There have been various reports that said that Indian weapons were being used in Pakistan by terrorists but all of the reports have turned out to be false.
jagjitnatt sadly you have no knowledge..all those home corporations making small munitions are now busted, ISI men are watching those areas..
You want more Intl?
The world knows neither Pak army nor the ISI have control over border regions. Recently one of your ISI officers was killed by them. Speaks plenty for their control over the regions.
I am sure weapons are still being manufactured there. Also weapons being used are Kalashnikov.

US supplied them weapons in the 80s. And they are still using them.
Taliban's deadliest weapons came from U.S., not Iran | World News |Axisoflogic.com
Exclusive Footage: Afghanistan War: Taliban Seized US Army Weapons | Ekawaaz - One Voice - Many Issues : News Views and Reviews

Just a search on the internet will let you know the sources for their weapons.

There is not even a single credible site even listing India anywhere. Its just your obsession with blaming India for your own failures. If it was India supplying weapons, it would have been Insas and not US weapons and older Russian AKs.

TLarge cache of weapons are purchased by india/us and provided to these groups. Russia too is helping..

First India and Russia supported the NA so there is absolutely no chance they r helping the Taliban now
Secondly why shuld the US give the Taliban weapons and then spend billions of dollars fighting them..? :blink:

Taliban getting weapon from India too.

sorry we dont do charity

I am sure youtube is working in your country........

this is a short video about illegal gun market in Pakistan

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry we dont do charity

I am sure youtube is working in your country........

this is a short video about illegal gun market in Pakistan
YouTube - Illegal Arms Market in Durra, Pakistan

The Darra gun markets are not capable of supplying insurgents numbering in the thousands. The gun markets were never set up at that scale - they primarily served hobbyists/tourists and low level local demand during peacetime.

In addition, there has been a huge focus on Darra, and IIRC the area had major operations conducted and is largely in control.

The Darra gun markets are not capable of supplying insurgents numbering in the thousands. The gun markets were never set up at that scale - they primarily served hobbyists/tourists and low level local demand during peacetime.

In addition, there has been a huge focus on Darra, and IIRC the area had major operations conducted and is largely in control.

Yes but i am sure there is still a good level of exporting out of here that makes it into the hands of terror orgs. 1,000 guns a day made to supply hobbyist/tourists and the locals like you say seems very excessive. Also I was wondering why are these illegal markets allowed to operate ?

Yes but i am sure there is still a good level of exporting out of here that makes it into the hands of terror orgs. 1,000 guns a day made to supply hobbyist/tourists and the locals like you say seems very excessive. Also I was wondering why are these illegal markets allowed to operate ?

Most taliban weapons captured are Russian, Chinese and Western according to the reports above, so I doubt Darra is supplying '1000 guns a day' to the Taliban.

On why these markets operated - tribal autonomy, though the PA did start a program a few years ago under which it modernized some factories to improve quality and manufacture arms for hunting etc. for legal sales in Pakistan and abroad.

Again, given the evidence of non-Darra arms captured from militants, and the controls over the area, I doubt Darra is by any means a major supplier of weapons to the Taliban.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Arming the Taleban

taliban gets a lot of its weapons from the US - weapons gifted to afghan than pawned off the highest bidder, usually taliban druglords.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/world/asia/20ammo.html

pakistan's ISI also works with the taliban sometimes.

Some people dont understand why god made brain for :lol:

ISI will help Taliban, provide them weapons so that they cud use those against Pakistan Army, are you nuts, ohh wait a sec why am I even asking :rofl::rofl:

Yes ISI does work with taliban for keeping peace in the region not for providing weapons, otherwise Taliban's target wud be Israel :agree:

Back
Top Bottom