Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Sea Monkey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FIREFOX

Its faster then chrome (my heavy duty experience on multiple system) reliable then chrome experienced men working at it then chrome team most of all the support through out the web for Firefox is the best after IE, at the same time chrome market share is also increasing but it always remain 2 steps behind Firefox the developers prefer FFX.

RekonQ Linux version:) It's very fast and lightwieght plus built in anonymous surfing :woot:

be an epic use swadesii.Epic desi pure hindustanni:azn:

not available for linux :confused:
i can't buy windows licence and don't wanna use a pirated version of windows so.... uncle Bill:taz:

:yahoo: LINUX IS THE BEST :yahoo:

not available for linux :confused:
I can't buy windows license and don't wanna use a pirated version of windows :yahoo: LINUX IS THE BEST :yahoo:

That is your problem if you are unable to buy MS Windows, All it requires is one time investment to buy it for indian currency 5690.00

Linux is good because its free its support is limited compared to MS, its usage requires to learn linux command as well very important part (not user friendly some times)

Try dreamlinux 3.5 a copy of apple osx but still buggy and tough for starters.

What about Ubuntu or Red hat? Those are pretty simple to use.

When version 10 was out I installed it on neighbor's PC started well twice 3rd time it gave error then after that it worked well never asked him if he was happy with it maybe he cursed me later lol..
But personally I got error on project PCs and removed it and decided never to use it again ever.

When version 10 was out I installed it on neighbor's PC started well twice 3rd time it gave error then after that it worked well never asked him if he was happy with it maybe he cursed me later lol..
But personally I got error on project PCs and removed it and decided never to use it again ever.

Ubuntu working like a charm for me and i use it since 7.10 :enjoy:

That is your problem if you are unable to buy MS Windows, All it requires is one time investment to buy it for indian currency 5690.00

Linux is good because its free its support is limited compared to MS, its usage requires to learn linux command as well very important part (not user friendly some times)

Try dreamlinux 3.5 a copy of apple osx but still buggy and tough for starters.

I just purchased the license of MS Windows 7. Ur Rocks Uncle Bill :P :usflag:
Downloading========= 7% 1hr:24m remaining :taz:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Downloading: Done!:enjoy:
Installation: Done!:D

Here is the screen snap....

267206_257251160954066_100000075516344_1130285_8160584_n.jpg

offtopic:(but can't stop reply :D )
Gnu/Linux is good. especially Ubuntu with Debian apt package management system . It is *comparatively* easier for windows users to move on to.
Some hardware support is a problem for Linux. eg: wireless cards, particular usb devices etc. sometimes, you've to use windows drivers in emulation mode for support(madwifi for eg)...user have to configure the driver support themself. if help is asked in irc or bbs,forums.. newbies will be asked to open terminal and type commands(although I like CLI very much) which may make many loose interest.. but, Gnu/Linux is Worth the Trouble.

one tip for new Linux users coming from Windows: don't search on net for the software you need. instead, open package manager(properly configured) and search the use/name of the tool.
Linux Distro repositories mostly carry the needed application. :)

offtopic:(but can't stop reply :D )
Gnu/Linux is good. especially Ubuntu with Debian apt package management system . It is *comparatively* easier for windows users to move on to.
Some hardware support is a problem for Linux. eg: wireless cards, particular usb devices etc. sometimes, you've to use windows drivers in emulation mode for support(madwifi for eg)...user have to configure the driver support themself. if help is asked in irc or bbs,forums.. newbies will be asked to open terminal and type commands(although I like CLI very much) which may make many loose interest.. but, Gnu/Linux is Worth the Trouble.

one tip for new Linux users coming from Windows: don't search on net for the software you need. instead, open package manager(properly configured) and search the use/name of the tool.
Linux Distro repositories mostly carry the needed application. :)
software installation is much easy in Linux. Commands and scripts now been replaced by graphical user interface...:)

Browse this site on my iPad so use Safari by de facto. Not bad but keyboard and predictive text is annoying. + no flash is a JOKE!!

Internet Explorer users have lowest IQ of all web surfers, study shows
By Andrew Couts | Digital Trends

A newly released study has found that users of Microsoft’s line of Internet Explorer browsers have the lowest IQs, on average, than people who regularly use other web browsers. Conversely, Opera users have the highest average IQ.

The study (PDF) comes via Vancouver-based “psychometric consulting company” AptiQuant, who tested 101,326 people, from English-speaking countries, over the course of four weeks, using theWechsler Adult Intelligence Scale to determine their intellectual prowess.

“Because cognitive scores are related to tech-savviness,” the researchers write in the study, “we hypothesized that the choice of web browser is related to cognitive ability of an individual.”

While the study is not on par with, say, a scientific paper, and IQ is hardly the only factor in determining a person’s full intellect, the report certainly does a lot to make non-IE users feel good about themselves.

Perched at the pinnacle of brainpower are users of Opera, who scored an average IQ of 126.5.Mozilla’s Mac-specific browser, Camino, came in a close second, with a score of 124.4. As you might expect, the most widely used browsers fell somewhere in the middle: Safari users scored a 113.5; Chrome, 111.2; and Firefox, 108.7.

Crowded at the bottom of the brain heap are users of Internet Explorer. Of those, users of IE 9 had the best score, about an 87. And it just goes down hill from there, with each previous version’s users scoring worse and worse. The plunge ends with IE 6 users, who scored about an 82.

“From the test results, it is a clear indication that individuals on the lower side of the IQ scale tend to resist a change/upgrade of their browsers,” AptiQuant writes. The company also says that this information should add another nail to the coffin of the Internet Explorer line.

“It is common knowledge, that Internet Explorer Versions to 6.0 to 8.0 are highly incompatible with modern web standards,” the company writes. “In order to make websites work properly on these browsers, web developers have to spend a lot of unnecessary effort…. Now that we have a statistical pattern on the continuous usage of incompatible browsers, better steps can be taken to eradicate this nuisance.”

If You Use IE, You Might Be, Um, Dumb, IQ Test Suggests

By Mark Long, newsfactor.com | Newsfactor.com – 43 mins ago
tweetShare
Email
Print
A new study from AptiQuant suggests there may be a correlation between a web surfer's browser selection and his or her cognitive abilities. The Vancouver-based psychometric consulting firm based its conclusions on the results of an IQ test it administered online to more than 100,000 English-speaking subjects.
According to AptiQuant's report, individuals on the lower side of the IQ scale tend to resist performing browser upgrades. "The subjects using any version of Internet Explorer ranked significantly lower on an average than others" on the IQ test, the firm's researchers reported. Out of all the IE versions, however, "subjects using IE8 fared a little better."
About 34 percent of the test subjects with the lowest scores were using IE7, AptiQuant's researchers noted. IE7 usage declined to less than four percent for the group with the highest IQ scores.
Opera Users Are Smarter
AptiQuant found no statistically significant differences between the IQ scores of subjects using Chrome, Firefox and Safari. On the other hand, these subjects had a higher IQ score, on average, than IE users. Additionally, the participants with the highest IQ test scores were using Opera, Camino and IE in combination with Chrome Frame.
AptiQuant's researchers compared their results to another unreleased study of a similar nature undertaken in 2006. "The comparison clearly suggests that more people on the higher side of the IQ scale have moved away from Internet Explorer in the last five years," the report's authors wrote.
Still, AptiQuant's survey didn't account for the fact that many business professionals have no choice when it comes to the browsers they use for business purposes, since IT administrators often make these decisions. "The people who took the test could either be using their home computers or office computers," admitted AptiQuant President Leonard Howard in an e-mail Friday.
IT Considerations
Part of the resistance to change that AptiQuant's study attributes to the cognitive abilities of its test subjects may be due to the fact that enterprises tend to adopt new technologies at a slower rate than consumers. That's because IT administrators must consider a variety of issues that may be far more important to business goals than innovation.
IT departments are often locked into specific IE versions because of factors such as the operating system in use as well as legacy issues surrounding the performance of business documents, forms and processes that may not function the same if another browser is used. This last issue represents one of the major reasons why many businesses have not adopted the free OpenOffice instead of Microsoft's expensive Office productivity suite.
The continuous use of older versions of IE by millions of people around the world causes major headaches for web developers, which AptiQuant blamed on Microsoft's adoption of technologies in older IE versions that do not comply with web standards. "This trend not only makes their job tougher, but has also pulled back innovation by at least a decade," AptiQuant said.
These days, however, Microsoft recognizes that continuing use of its aging IE6 browser is an impediment to innovation. For this reason, earlier this year Microsoft inaugurated a campaign to encourage users of IE6 to upgrade to a modern browser such as IE8 or even IE9, which features compatibility with web standards such as HTML5.
Global IE6 usage currently stands at 10.7 percent -- down 7.5 percentage points from the same time last year. In the United States, however, IE6 usage currently amounts to just two percent.

Back
Top Bottom