What's new

What is your mother tongue ? What other languages you can read, write and speak ?

Ah... ok. Dandeli and it's surrounding areas very beautiful with lush green forests.

Sweet must be Belgaum’s Kunda !

kunda_belgaum.jpg

Yeah..... kunda ...... next time I m planning for Mangalore n udipi....... I almost felt belgaum is mini india people were speaking Telgu konkani hindi english kannada marathi very fluently.... I had briyani taste from niyaz but not that thatd as expected ........

I almost felt belgaum is mini india people were speaking Telgu konkani hindi english kannada marathi very fluently....

Yup. it's a mini metro city :D

I had briyani taste from niyaz but not that thatd as expected ..

That's true. Niyaz's biryani is over hyped. However, once upon a time it used to be very good.

next time I m planning for Mangalore n udipi

:tup:

If you are non-vegetarian, don't forget to try Mangalorean fish dishes.

@JanjaWeed , can recommend some Udupi/Mangalore delicacies.

Also, try visiting Dharmasthala and you ought to try Rasam Rice which is served over their in Temple's AnnaChhatra.

Yup. it's a mini metro city :D

That's true. Niyaz's biryani is over hyped. However, once upon a time it used to be very good.

:tup:

If you are non-vegetarian, don't forget to try Mangalorean fish dishes.

@JanjaWeed , can recommend some Udupi/Mangalore delicacies.

Also, try visiting Dharmasthala and you ought to try Rasam Rice which is served over their in Temple's AnnaChhatra.

I hav heard a lot abt udipi ...... I will definitely try fish ........ boss I m great great found of southindian meals...... I used to go Sarvana bhavan at Cannaught place in Delhi ..... so no way I going to leave rice n rasam..... I feel blessed to be an Indian to have such a diverse country..... hats of to our unique diversity. ..... any famous n delicious sweets of udipi .....?

any famous n delicious sweets of udipi .....?

Udupi has no signature sweet dishes however, you might want to try MALPURI, kaai holige and undae (laddu).

I m great great found of southindian meals...... I used to go Sarvana bhavan at Cannaught place in Delhi ..... so no way I going to leave rice n rasam..... I feel blessed to be an Indian to have such a diverse country..... hats of to our unique diversity. .....

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Mother tongue : Telugu
Read/write/spoken: Tamil/English
Only Spoken:Telugu

Mother tongue : Urdu
Read/write/spoken: Punjabi/English/Arabic (Read & Write)

@kseeker how much is Karwari Konkani, Mangalore Konkani and Goan Konkani different from each other.

@kseeker how much is Karwari Konkani, Mangalore Konkani and Goan Konkani different from each other.

All are quite different especially in terms of dialect and the words which are being used.

Mangalore GSB Konkani - Blokes add 've' at the end of the almost every sentence they speak. Example, Whaive ? ( 'isn't it ?' in English ). Kannada influence is much stronger Compared to Karwar Konkani. Blokes have adopted some of the kannada words as their native konkani words.

Karwari (North Kanara) GSB Konkani - we do not add 've' every time, it's being used however not that extensively compared to Mangalore Konkani. Example Whaiiiee ? ( 'isn't it ?' in English ). There's a bit of both Kannada and Marathi influence.

Goan Konkani - words being used are bit different from aforementioned one's and Goan blokes stretch words while speaking. It has mainly Marathi influence and tiny bit of portuguese influence as well.

Kerala GSB Konkani - It's similar to Managalore Konkani however, it has very strong influence of Malayalam.

However, if you know any one dialect, you could easily understand, communicate with each other no matter what dialect you speak.

@kseeker Nanu moolataha Uttara Kannadadova, yen bhaashe inda yaav gumpnova hel tilidikku ala? Nimge yellatu? Karwarana atwa Ankolana? Pleased to meet a fellow Uttara Kannadiga on PDF! :-)

@kseeker Nanu moolataha Uttara Kannadadova, yen bhaashe inda yaav gumpnova hel tilidikku ala? Nimge yellatu? Karwarana atwa Ankolana? Pleased to meet a fellow Uttara Kannadiga on PDF! :-)

Nanu hutti belediddu shirasiyalli, karwaradalli mooru warsha kooda idde nanu. Nimmannu illi nodi tumbha khushi aaithu :)

Back
Top Bottom