What's new

What is your most favorite ancient empire / civilization? Give 5 reasons why

Indian and chinese civilization... Because

Indian civilized much before world. Indian and chinese civilization worked on humane causes. Both civilization were agrarian and traders whose focus was on business and farming..

Other culture were savage/cruel and animallike..

Other cultures also lived in a more eat be eaten world,india and china were both geographically rather insulated and thus developed in their own unique fashion.Middle eastern and mediterranean cultures surrounded by hostile forces were not able to have that luxury,so i would not directly compare or denigrate anyone.Except the fukin heart eating,human sacrificing aztecs.

Well war is part of human nature , if you don't prepare for war then you must meet your demise , scythians btw weren't all savage people , some sources claim that bhudda himself was a scythian , at the time of mongol gloden age bhudda chose to live a peaceful and non-warrior like life ...

Other cultures also lived in a more eat be eaten world,india and china were both geographically rather insulated and thus developed in their own unique fashion.Middle eastern and mediterranean cultures surrounded by hostile forces were not able to have that luxury,so i would not directly compare or denigrate anyone.Except the fukin heart eating,human sacrificing aztecs.

Well most of the early civilizations were in the middle east. Most of the world follows middle eastern religions.

Well war is part of human nature , if you don't prepare for war then you must meet your demise , scythians btw weren't all savage people , some sources claim that bhudda himself was a scythian , at the time of mongol gloden age bhudda chose to live a peaceful and non-warrior like life ...

What are u talking abt..buddha was born in northern india,preached in india.The religion was spread and became very popular in east asia,china,japan,sri lanka etc.
He preached in the 6th century BC,mongol age is 1200 AD ,nearly 1800 years later.

saka is infact the word for scythians only eurocentrist historians don't like that fact , i thought the scythians invaded northern india , but i know for sure that the demise of scythians came with mongols , if you study the maps of ancient world through centuries you see scythians were already in decline with the invent of parthians in iran and their raids into europe , fact is sassanids were fighting mongol and turkic tribes so the scythians might have completely moved to the iranian plateau by that time.

The Sakas were most likely absorbed and assimilated by the migrating Turks since the 5th century

Late Antiquity (AD 300 to 600)

In Late Antiquity, the notion of a Scythian ethnicity grew more vague and outsiders might dub any people inhabiting the Pontic-Caspian steppe as "Scythians", regardless of their language. Thus, Priscus, a Byzantine emissary to Attila, repeatedly referred to the latter's followers as "Scythians". But Eunapius, Claudius Cladianus andOlympiodorus usually mean "Goths" when they write "Scythians".

The Goths had displaced the Sarmatians in the 2nd century from most areas near the Roman frontier, and by early medieval times, the Turkic migration marginalized East Iranian dialects, and assimilated the Saka linguistically.

The Sakas were most likely absorbed and assimilated by the migrating Turks since the 5th century

Late Antiquity (AD 300 to 600)

In Late Antiquity, the notion of a Scythian ethnicity grew more vague and outsiders might dub any people inhabiting the Pontic-Caspian steppe as "Scythians", regardless of their language. Thus, Priscus, a Byzantine emissary to Attila, repeatedly referred to the latter's followers as "Scythians". But Eunapius, Claudius Cladianus andOlympiodorus usually mean "Goths" when they write "Scythians".

The Goths had displaced the Sarmatians in the 2nd century from most areas near the Roman frontier, and by early medieval times, the Turkic migration marginalized East Iranian dialects, and assimilated the Saka linguistically.

That pretty much sums it up , i have no objections , though i pointed out to the turkic tribes and mongols of far east

What are u talking abt..buddha was born in northern india,preached in india.The religion was spread and became very popular in east asia,china,japan,sri lanka etc.
He preached in the 6th century BC,mongol age is 1200 AD ,nearly 1800 years later.
i read an article on the internet , it was crica 2005 i'm sure the site doesn't exist anymore but it wasn't my article , i could be wrong aswell :)

@AUSTERLITZ It is said sometimes that my ethnic group (Jats) is decended from Indo Scythians. Probably a myth

@AUSTERLIZ

when persians invaded bronze age egypt , chariots and wheel were a surprise to egyptians , so one thing is for sure the wheel wasn't invented by africans!

I have always been fascinated by Carthage, esp. when it was ruled by the Barcids

1) Heir to the ancient Phoenicians, these people were probably the best sea-farers of their time. The empire was built on extensive trade and their powerful navy gave them an advantage over Rome which otherwise was superior in land forces and manpower.

2) Conquered territories from Africa to Spain, theirs was a truly multi-cultural army ranging from the agile Numidian cavalry to the brutish African Elephants to savage Spanish tribes.

3) They dared to take on the might of a superpower and took the fight to Rome, what a shame Hannibal could'nt capitalize on his victories in Trebia, Trasimene and Cannae :(, history would have been different had Rome fallen.

carthage-roman-ruins_1189_87181569d2ac294L.jpg

Rashidun Caliphate (The first Four Caliphate in Islamic world, elected with Democracy)

I like it since it is The Real Islamic Empire who uses Islamic values fully

Rashidun Caliphate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many positive things from this ones, just want to share a little about one of them (Umar):

'Umar, also spelled Omar (Arabic: عمر بن الخطاب, translit.: `Umar ibn Al-Khattāb, Umar Son of Al-Khattab, born 579 CE – died 3 November 644 CE), was one of the most powerful and influential Muslim caliphs (guardians) in history.[3] He was a ṣaḥābī or companion of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. He succeeded Abu Bakr (632–634) as the second Rashid of the Rashidun Caliphate on 23 August 634. He was an expert Islamic jurist and is best known for his pious and just nature, which earned him the title Al-Faruq ("the one who distinguishes between right and wrong"). He is sometimes referred to as Umar I by historians of Islam, since a later Umayyad caliph, Umar II, also bore that name.

Under Umar, the Rashidun Caliphate expanded at an unprecedented rate, ruling the whole Sasanian Empire and more than two thirds of the Byzantine Empire.[4] His attacks against the Sassanid Persian Empire resulted in the conquest of Persia in fewer than two years.[5] It was Umar, according to Jewish tradition, who set aside the Christian ban on Jews and allowed them into Jerusalem and to worship.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar

Rashidun Caliphate Territory

@AUSTERLITZ It is said sometimes that my ethnic group (Jats) is decended from Indo Scythians. Probably a myth

There is another theory that Nairs in Kerala and Bunts in karnataka were also the partial descendents of Scythians.Like you said it may be also a myth.

They dared to take on the might of a superpower and took the fight to Rome, what a shame Hannibal could'nt capitalize on his victories in Trebia, Trasimene and Cannae , history would have been different had Rome fallen.
Rome's wasn't the superpower at the time , it was just a rising power. It was after the Punic wars that Rome became a dominant force in the area!

Jats are possibly a corruption of the word Jati,which denoted the indo aryan tribal community/sub-communities.
Some imperial era historians have suggested they are descendants of scythian massagetae tribesmen....but this doesn't seem to be true..because 1)they show no nomadic characterastics or origins/traditions and show the influence of an agricultural predominantly farmer society rather than horseback riders like nomads...and 2)Saka migration was never this substantial in number to explain huge numbers of jats..sakas were limited to the idnus valley and particularly gujarat,northern maharashtra..while jats are predominant in punjab,haryana uttar pradesh...further eastward.

Rashidun Caliphate (The first Four Caliphate in Islamic world, elected with Democracy)

I like it since it is The Real Islamic Empire who uses Islamic values fully

Rashidun Caliphate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many positive things from this ones, just want to share a little about one of them (Umar):

'Umar, also spelled Omar (Arabic: عمر بن الخطاب, translit.: `Umar ibn Al-Khattāb, Umar Son of Al-Khattab, born 579 CE – died 3 November 644 CE), was one of the most powerful and influential Muslim caliphs (guardians) in history.[3] He was a ṣaḥābī or companion of the Islamic prophet Muhammad. He succeeded Abu Bakr (632–634) as the second Rashid of the Rashidun Caliphate on 23 August 634. He was an expert Islamic jurist and is best known for his pious and just nature, which earned him the title Al-Faruq ("the one who distinguishes between right and wrong"). He is sometimes referred to as Umar I by historians of Islam, since a later Umayyad caliph, Umar II, also bore that name.

Under Umar, the Rashidun Caliphate expanded at an unprecedented rate, ruling the whole Sasanian Empire and more than two thirds of the Byzantine Empire.[4] His attacks against the Sassanid Persian Empire resulted in the conquest of Persia in fewer than two years.[5] It was Umar, according to Jewish tradition, who set aside the Christian ban on Jews and allowed them into Jerusalem and to worship.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar

Rashidun Caliphate Territory

Arabic empire is medieval civilization,not ancient.

@AUSTERLIZ

when persians invaded bronze age egypt , chariots and wheel were a surprise to egyptians , so one thing is for sure the wheel wasn't invented by africans!

Persians didn't invade egypt...egypt was invaded by the hyksos..a tribe from asia minor and antolia region.They were responsible for introducing the chariot,fortifications and the composite bow.

Hyksos were later wiped out by the hittites..the first large west asian empire.Their power base was anatolia/northern syria.Hittites are contemporary of troy..troy possibly paid tribute to them.From the hittite word assuwa refering to the region,we get the word asia.

Last edited:
Scythians (to the left) , fighting russians:

Victor+Vasnetsov+-+Battle+of+Slavs+and+Scythians+.JPG

524741193.jpg

Here you can see by the costumes how scythians are the ancestors of persians:

scythian-ashz-120523.jpg

Scythians in modern day tadjikstan :

Boys-of-mazandaran.jpg

Scythians were truly fascinating people. Sarmatians were the later descendants of Scythians. Many of them would be recruited in Roman Army. They were known to have brought Knighthood and exceptional horse warfare in Europe. Many of them ended up in the Roman province of Britain. It is thought that legendary English King Arthur employed Sarmatian Knights.

Back
Top Bottom