What's new

What is the greatest Middle Eastern military power?

What is the greatest Middle Eastern military power?

• Total voters
Turkey - 1
Israel - 2
Iran - 3

Turkey is the most balanced. Good sized pop'n, good/stable economy, solid production capabilities (extremely important in a prolonged dragged out war), the right number of allies etc... They lack WMD's, ballistic missiles and the country is short on petroleum which can be a huge negative during a war.

Israel is number 2 b/c of its size (both in terms of geography and demographics) and lack of natural resources. However, WMD's are a solid deterrent.

Iran is 3rd simply b/c the gap between Iran/Turkey/Israel and the rest of the Middle Eastern countries is vast. No other ME country, apart from the above mentioned, has any sort of production capability without constant foreign first and second hand experience and training. No other Middle Eastern country is able to replenish its supplies on its own. In addition, Iran has its hands in a lot of surrounding countries and it also has Hezbollah. The air force is a joke, but the navy can hold its own and defend the shores. Terror weapons, like ballistic missiles, can cause havoc in places like UAE. Once they start dropping on Abu Dhabi or Dubai, the stock market in UAE will collapse. All foreigners will run off. 5-10 direct hits at oil tankers will stop insurance coverage and shipping will come to a hault. Direct hits against de-salination plants on the shores will cut off water for extended periods of time.

Basically, the number 3 spot is given to Iran simply b/c everybody else is too incompetent.

Altay Tank looks very impressive:

65546.jpg

Altay (tank) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Non of the major powers in the middle east can conquer each other. (Atleast not on paper) With that being said you have to measure the countries military strength based on what objectives it needs to accomplish and the size of its neighbors or atleast countries that interfere in its interests.

200px-Middle_East_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg.png

GNP

1. Turkey
2. KSA
3. UAE
4. Iran
5. Israel

Population

1. Egypt
2. Iran
3. Tukey
4. Iraq
5. KSA

Land Area

1. KSA
2. Iran
3. Egypt
4. Turkey
5. Yemen

Air Force

1. Israel
2. KSA
3. Turkey
4. Egypt
5. UAE

Navy

1. Turkey
2. Israel
3. Iran
4. Egypt
5. KSA

Army

1. Israel
2. Egypt
3. Turkey
4. Iran
5. Jordan

Unconventional/ballistic missile

1. Israel
2. Iran
3. Egypt
4. Syria
5. KSA
i think Egypt has the strongest land forces in the region

I really don't know....

Unconventionally everyone is agreed upon over Iran. Although that's never been put to test, nobody knows how many missiles they could deliver at far ranges.

For Turkey ...this depends if they're able to compete with Israeli air power. I personally don't believe so since Israel is the most fighting obsessed nation I've seen. While I was in Gaza they're always doing mock raids, flying hours, long range training, literally there's not a second where some F16 isn't in the air.

Their biggest advantage is their air power and the ability to go on the offensive. As for nukes, in terms of power take that into account but war wise don't. They'd never threaten to use it even if they confronted with a nation. Most confrontations won't last more than a couple weeks these days except when super powers have long term interests and occupy nations.

I don't think Turkey could up against Israel, Israel also has numerous funding by other nations and ability to resupply in the event if a war.

Iraq during Ba'ath era was the strongest
Israel is a British colony and american military base so I don't consider it as power
next to Iraq is iran

I really don't know....

Unconventionally everyone is agreed upon over Iran. Although that's never been put to test, nobody knows how many missiles they could deliver at far ranges.

For Turkey ...this depends if they're able to compete with Israeli air power. I personally don't believe so since Israel is the most fighting obsessed nation I've seen. While I was in Gaza they're always doing mock raids, flying hours, long range training, literally there's not a second where some F16 isn't in the air.

Their biggest advantage is their air power and the ability to go on the offensive. As for nukes, in terms of power take that into account but war wise don't. They'd never threaten to use it even if they confronted with a nation. Most confrontations won't last more than a couple weeks these days except when super powers have long term interests and occupy nations.

I don't think Turkey could up against Israel, Israel also has numerous funding by other nations and ability to resupply in the event if a war.
You should see how much training we do. We also have f-16 in the air everyday. Check the turkish armed forces website.

But I agree israel is ahead for now.

In the future as our defence industry grows we will be unconditionally the biggest guy on the block.

You should see how much training we do. We also have f-16 in the air everyday. Check the turkish armed forces website.

But I agree israel is ahead for now.

In the future as our defence industry grows we will be unconditionally the biggest guy on the block.

I need to check up on that. For land forces I do believe turkish armed forces are superior to Israeli land forces. Their troops are not even close to turkish troops. This is from evidence and personal experiences. They rely on heavy air power and artillery shelling. If a nation could cripple their ability to go on an air offensive then they'd be the strongest without taking into account nukes.

Turkey will grow I believe especially with their military industry and that's important. It's just that Israel has intense training and their Air Force is very experienced at dropping bombs at a very rapid rate. Can turkey match that?

I need to check up on that. For land forces I do believe turkish armed forces are superior to Israeli land forces. Their troops are not even close to turkish troops. This is from evidence and personal experiences. They rely on heavy air power and artillery shelling. If a nation could cripple their ability to go on an air offensive then they'd be the strongest without taking into account nukes.

Turkey will grow I believe especially with their military industry and that's important. It's just that Israel has intense training and their Air Force is very experienced at dropping bombs at a very rapid rate. Can turkey match that?
I believe we can but israel has alot of experience so idk. @cabatli_53 can answer this question better.

I believe we can but israel has alot of experience so idk. @cabatli_53 can answer this question better.

Watch these:

Against people with no military but still too much devastation
(2012, thank God here we were much more prepared)
(2009 terror inflicted on Gaza)

@Kaan

I think what's important for Turkey is building it's own missiles for the fighters, Navy and land forces. Which I believe they've already done, eventually they become more efficient and advanced so it will benefit them well. Conventionally I believe they can surpass Israel in the future as long as they keep advancing in those fields. Turkey doesn't need ballistic surface to surface missiles though in my opinion.

You guys do built anti tank missiles already right?

It's just that Israel has intense training and their Air Force is very experienced at dropping bombs at a very rapid rate. Can turkey match that?

I don't know about very rapid bombing but we have good experience from bombing PKK camps.

You guys do built anti tank missiles already right?

UMTAS

79E15824C249A08639BB25BABC751D00.jpg

Back
Top Bottom