What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwaraka Sub City in New Delhi

newdelhinagayamaxbls6.jpg

delhidwarka2stickyrice2svk0.jpg

delhidwarkastickyrice1suo9.jpg

There are 5 houses and a road in that pic. You really think that is eough to judge a city?

But you gotta admit, this 'definitely' looks like SoCal or NorCal (San Jose area) than anywhere in India or South Asia. That's what makes Islamabad unique. It looks & feels like a Western city in many ways.

But you gotta admit, it definitely looks like SoCal or NorCal (San Jose area) than anywhere in India or South Asia.

Of course. it looks really pretty. It is more like a resort. If you want to compare the weather and natural beauty, Islamabad would win hands down. I live in Fremont now and the landscape are very similar to this.

Islamabad, Pakistan

You are looking at Islamabad in Pakistan. The city has a population of 601604 residents. It is located on 73.13 degrees longitude, and 33.67 latitude.

Islamabad, city info (submit new info)

Islamabad , General info:
5/10

It is a well planned city with one Airport and the other in process. It is the capital city of Pakistan and Parliment and major head quarters are placed mostly here. It has alot of attractions and shopping places. It is a valley and very close by is the hilly area belt which is tourist's attraction.

Islamabad , Don't miss:
5/10

Damin-e-koh, Shakar paria, hill station whcih is near by

Islamabad , Food:
5/10

Continental food is excellent in Islamabad

Islamabad , Hotels:
5/10

Marriot, Serena, Holiday Inn, Best Western

Islamabad , Safety:
5/10

It is a very safe city indeed, with very little crime rate

User images
Add images of Islamabad, Pakistan

User comments

Send your comment

silence, this is islamabad, dont be noise here.
City rating:

this city is the one of most beautiful city of Asia. environment is very cool and good.i have been visited several times , such a great place for living.
jerry emerson, 2011-01-01 11:05:08
1 users out of 1 found this comment useful.
Did you find this comment useful? Yes No

Beauty islamabad
City rating:

my name is jack symond i am from Uk i visit and delhi, delhi is a very historic city but islamabad is the most beutiful and planned city of the world.i very impressd from the beuaty of islamabd every one ho go pakistan visit islamabd, very beutiful places for visit like nationl park, damn koh and more
jack, 2011-01-01 11:09:29

Accommodation in Islamabad
City rating:

NewCapeGrace Guest House, Hotels in Islamabad Pakistan offers quality comfort and premium amenities at affordable rates. Services comparable to four star hotels in Islamabad Pakistan, NCG provides best accommodation in Islamabad for all genders who are looking for lodging or hostels in Islamabad Pakistan.
KariM Meghji, 2011-01-02 14:42:58

New Delhi, India

You are looking at New Delhi in India. The city has a population of 17037906 residents. It is located on 77.23 degrees longitude, and 28.67 latitude.

New Delhi, city info (submit new info)

New Delhi , General info:
7/10

A historic city that was rebuilt again and again, with some marginal changes in geographical extent, it has three estates of the Indian government. In Mahabharata era, it was Hastinapur. The Purana Qila is said to be the site of Pandavas. The British contributiion is Lutyens' Delhi, a stately regal splendid magnificent city, with Rasjtrapati Bhavan, built for the Viceroy, in 1930s. He never stayed thre. the President of India has by convention shunned the main quarters reserved for the head of State.

New Delhi , Don't miss:
7/10

The Qutb Minar, The Red Fort (Lal Qila), Purna Qila, Jama Masjid, Humayun's Tomb, Lodhi Gardens, Jantar Mantar and Rashtrapati Bhawan. Connaught Circus and Janpath have their own charm.

New Delhi , Food:
8/10

Both Punjabi and North Indian cuisine, Moghlai. Exotic cuisine is the craze now. Continental Italian, the list goes on...One has cheap roadside dhabas, eateires. . and expensive hotels.

New Delhi , Hotels:
5/10

Many hotels, to suit every pocket and palate

New Delhi , Safety:
2/10

Well, it depends on which sector of the city you are in. They could ride rough-shod over you.

User images
Add images of New Delhi, India

User comments

Send your comment

Hitorical Beauty
City rating:

THis City has suprised me with the extensive historical monuments that one can encounter at almost every corner of the city. It is Beautiful !
Ajay, 2009-08-24 04:10:02
10 users out of 14 found this comment useful.

HTML:
[url=http://www.citycomparator.com/compare/130_islamabad_vs_203_new_delhi.html]Islamabad and New Delhi comparison and distance between[/url]

Islamabad, Pakistan

You are looking at Islamabad in Pakistan. The city has a population of 601604 residents. It is located on 73.13 degrees longitude, and 33.67 latitude.

Islamabad, city info (submit new info)

Islamabad , General info:
5/10

It is a well planned city with one Airport and the other in process. It is the capital city of Pakistan and Parliment and major head quarters are placed mostly here. It has alot of attractions and shopping places. It is a valley and very close by is the hilly area belt which is tourist's attraction.

Islamabad , Don't miss:
5/10

Damin-e-koh, Shakar paria, hill station whcih is near by

Islamabad , Food:
5/10

Continental food is excellent in Islamabad

Islamabad , Hotels:
5/10

Marriot, Serena, Holiday Inn, Best Western

Islamabad , Safety:
5/10

It is a very safe city indeed, with very little crime rate

User images
Add images of Islamabad, Pakistan

User comments

Send your comment

silence, this is islamabad, dont be noise here.
City rating:

this city is the one of most beautiful city of Asia. environment is very cool and good.i have been visited several times , such a great place for living.
jerry emerson, 2011-01-01 11:05:08
1 users out of 1 found this comment useful.

Beauty islamabad
City rating:

my name is jack symond i am from Uk i visit and delhi, delhi is a very historic city but islamabad is the most beutiful and planned city of the world.i very impressd from the beuaty of islamabd every one ho go pakistan visit islamabd, very beutiful places for visit like nationl park, damn koh and more
jack, 2011-01-01 11:09:29

Accommodation in Islamabad
City rating:

NewCapeGrace Guest House, Hotels in Islamabad Pakistan offers quality comfort and premium amenities at affordable rates. Services comparable to four star hotels in Islamabad Pakistan, NCG provides best accommodation in Islamabad for all genders who are looking for lodging or hostels in Islamabad Pakistan.
KariM Meghji, 2011-01-02 14:42:58

New Delhi, India

You are looking at New Delhi in India. The city has a population of 17037906 residents. It is located on 77.23 degrees longitude, and 28.67 latitude.

New Delhi, city info (submit new info)

New Delhi , General info:
7/10

A historic city that was rebuilt again and again, with some marginal changes in geographical extent, it has three estates of the Indian government. In Mahabharata era, it was Hastinapur. The Purana Qila is said to be the site of Pandavas. The British contributiion is Lutyens' Delhi, a stately regal splendid magnificent city, with Rasjtrapati Bhavan, built for the Viceroy, in 1930s. He never stayed thre. the President of India has by convention shunned the main quarters reserved for the head of State.

New Delhi , Don't miss:
7/10

The Qutb Minar, The Red Fort (Lal Qila), Purna Qila, Jama Masjid, Humayun's Tomb, Lodhi Gardens, Jantar Mantar and Rashtrapati Bhawan. Connaught Circus and Janpath have their own charm.

New Delhi , Food:
8/10

Both Punjabi and North Indian cuisine, Moghlai. Exotic cuisine is the craze now. Continental Italian, the list goes on...One has cheap roadside dhabas, eateires. . and expensive hotels.

New Delhi , Hotels:
5/10

Many hotels, to suit every pocket and palate

New Delhi , Safety:
2/10

Well, it depends on which sector of the city you are in. They could ride rough-shod over you.

User images
Add images of New Delhi, India

User comments

Send your comment

Hitorical Beauty
City rating:

THis City has suprised me with the extensive historical monuments that one can encounter at almost every corner of the city. It is Beautiful !
Ajay, 2009-08-24 04:10:02
10 users out of 14 found this comment useful.

HTML:
[url=http://www.citycomparator.com/compare/130_islamabad_vs_203_new_delhi.html]Islamabad and New Delhi comparison and distance between[/url]

^^^ This survey lacks credibility. They scored Islamabad 5 out of 10 & Delhi 8 on the food category, when the cuisines in Islamabad are just as extensive & diverse in my opinion. They also forgot to add Taxila there, as it is technically part of Islamabad, historically one of the oldest places in the world.

Akshardham Temple, the largest Hindu temple in the world.[99]

New_Delhi_Temple.jpg

Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India.

800px-Jama_Masjid.jpg

Rice and Kadai chicken from Delhi

800px-Chicken_Chili_HR2.jpg

Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi is ranked as Asia's fourth-best institute in science and technology in year 1999

800px-IITDelhiMath.jpg

Consistently ranked as India's top medical college,[131] All India Institute of Medical Sciences is a global leader in medical research and treatmen

AIIMS_central_lawn.jpg

New Delhi named among top four world cities

Delhi: 4th best city in the world

New Delhi was, on Tuesday, named among the top four global cities at the inaugural Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize in Singapore with Chief Minister Sheila Dixit appreciated for her "charismatic and determined leadership" for improving the living environment of the India's capital. Dikshit's ef
forts in promoting a "liveable city" were the basis of naming the Indian capital along with Melbourne of Australia, Curitiba of Brazil and the prize winner Bilbao. This was announced in Singapore at the World Cities Summit 2010.

A total of 72 city nominations were received from 32 countries for the prize. "Sheila Dikshit was shortlisted for her charismatic and determined leadership in improving the living environment of New Delhi. Inspite of limited resources and limited control over the planning process, Dikshit had managed to muster the masses to implement several project-based initiatives that led to an improvement in the quality of life," a statement from the Lee Kuan Yew World city prize committee said.

"She also managed to increase the green cover in Delhi from 26 km² in 1997 to nearly 300 km² to-date, and was the key proponent in converting all public transport to the use of CNG fuel. This has led to a marked improvement in the air quality of the city," it added.

Elaborating on Dikshit's efforts in turning New Delhi green, her special secretary Keshav Chandra highlighted the success of CNG (compressed natural gas) busses in the public transportation system and the socio community-based Bhagidari Citizen-Government partnership, which has grown to 2,300 groups managing daily issues within their community and vicinity.

Speaking as a representative of the Chief Minister, Chandra also listed out the success in power sector reform in the capital city, saying power losses have been reduced to 18 per cent these days from 52 per cent in 2002. "We are targeting to reduce power transmission losses to 12 per cent within the next one year," he said.

Dikshit has also been noted for her green efforts and having had 1.1 million saplings planted through the city as well as her school level efforts in having students teach their parents to do away with plastic bags. Forested areas around New Delhi has increased to 300 sq km in 2009 from a mere 26 sq km in 1998, said Chandra in a presentation on managing the 16.3 million people capital city, which is joined by 500,000 migrants every year.

Among new challenging projects is the cleaning of the Yamuna River for New Delhi and Dikshit, the main investment for which include a Rs 32,000 crore integrated sewage treatment plant, he said. The World Cities Summit is being held June 28 to July 1.

Delhi: 4th best city in the world
Lifestyle
By : kanika
Jagannath Institute of Management Sci.,delhi
Last Updated: August 13 2010

Our very own city ‘New Delhi’ earned the honor of ranking 4th among the best cities in the world. According to a recent survey conducted by the “World Cities Summit-2010”, Delhi is placed 4th on top 10 livable global cities.

Chief Minister Mrs Sheila Dikshit was appreciated for her work in developing the infrastructure and a special mention at the Lee Kuan Yew World City Prize. The prize is an international award to recognize individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the creation of vibrant, livable and sustainable urban communities around the world. Dikshit’s government is highly admired for the immense work in preparing Delhi for Commonwealth Games in October.

Sheila Dikshit is respected for her leadership in conceptualizing citizen friendly programs such as “Bhagidari”, promoting Green cover, and working on cleaning Yamuna, and many more.

The top cities to global cities are Bilbao-Spain, Melbourne-Australia, Curitiba- Brazil , New Delhi-India. etc.

Aren’t we all proud to be a Delhite!

While looking at the pictures our neighbours posted, I am glad Islamabad is not over-populated and over-polluted with so many buildings. Islamabad needs to keep its greenery and needs to keep clean. A clean city is much better than an over-crowded over polluted city with tons of buildings where you can't even breathe.

Stay green Islamabad. Like the color of our flag :pakistan:

2398297486_f4090f006f_o.jpg

2397465763_c7a1528b8c_o.jpg

2397465951_cdeeb26e49_o.jpg

2398298144_92be29e8a5_o.jpg

2397465315_19437ab13a_o.jpg

2426282614_d46cee0311_b.jpg

2415722424_02f36b7a81_o.jpg

Islamabad is a hilly place...you can't post pics of hills and green forest areas and say that it wins...then compare the infrastructure,trasnport EDUCATIONNNN hospitals etc..Delhi wins hands down!

Islamabad, Pakistan
ss.jpg

sds.jpg

notmircrobutsoft-1.jpg

2118670476_ec1933ce96_o.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

2mu77.jpg

9qfhx1.jpg

New Delhi, India:
delhiurbanisation.jpg

I hope you stop...else i can also start such comparisons..

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Omar..you should know that you look like a child and an idiot posting pics like that..

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I can post pics of what New Delhi has...believe me you wouldn't have seen anything like that in Pakistan...so let's not get childish..

I hope you stop...else i can also start such comparisons..

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Omar..you should know that you look like a child and an idiot posting pics like that..

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I can post pics of what New Delhi has...believe me you wouldn't have seen anything like that in Pakistan...so let's not get childish..

Are you being insecure that you have no place in your country like Islamabad? Why are almost all Indian cities (no offense) so fil*hy?

Also to the people who compare Chandigarh to Islamabad, quoting from the Tribune, India:

Is Islamabad better than Chandigarh? Yes, it is true. The Pakistani capital is decidedly better planned that the Union Territory over which Punjab and Haryana are squabbling. Islamabad has four-laned roads, the green cover is excellent and the irritating traffic lights are very few in number.

All major intersections have flyovers and underpasses. The travel is smooth unlike Chandigarh where travelling past each roundabout is task in itself.
Though the upscale Jinnah Super Market might not have the expanse of the piazza of Sector 17, the shops are niche and well stocked with house designer labels. Islamabad, like Chandigarh, is located on the foothills. Rather a drive through the Blue Avenue here looks the same as one drive up towards the northern sectors of Chandigarh. Lastly, no women in burqa in Islamabad.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - World

Are you being insecure that you have no place in your country like Islamabad? Why are almost all Indian cities (no offense) so fil*hy?

No brother no Indian will feel insecure. Islamabad is good city and has the advantage of a hilly terrain. the thread is about capital otherwise i would post many pictures of our hill stations.Obviously hills have the beauty. Also, please consider as i said the other day though a beautiful city it still lacks in terms of infrastructure when compared to Delhi. In beauty Islamabad is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom