What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not Delhi for sure

this thread is talking about the capitals only - and not about the lecture of "mera india mahaan"

Exactly! I don't why Chandigarh is being brought up continuously, no one cares how well planned it is.

islamabad looks more like somewhere europe. Delhi needs beautification projects.think delhi is, after cwg and all.

I can't believe that this thread lasted for this long. Its such a silly thread. Why are we even comparing Delhi and Islamabad. Delhi has been there for over 1000 years. Its not a modern city but its got tradition and culture. Its the most important city in the entire subcontinent historically. It has in it a representation of a civilization evolving for more than 1000 years. Its been capital of some of the greatest kingdoms that ever ruled Indian subcontinent. To even compare it with Islamabad is silly.

I am not trying to degrade Islamabad in anyway. It could be better looking city. But we are not talking about beauty are we? Islamabad is too small and recently drawn to even compare with largess Delhi and its history. And even economy wise, Delhi is just too big to compare with any other capital in south asia.

Delhi isn't India's capital, New Delhi is.

I can't believe that this thread lasted for this long. Its such a silly thread. Why are we even comparing Delhi and Islamabad. Delhi has been there for over 1000 years. Its not a modern city but its got tradition and culture. Its the most important city in the entire subcontinent historically. It has in it a representation of a civilization evolving for more than 1000 years. Its been capital of some of the greatest kingdoms that ever ruled Indian subcontinent. To even compare it with Islamabad is silly.

I am not trying to degrade Islamabad in anyway. It could be better looking city. But we are not talking about beauty are we? Islamabad is too small and recently drawn to even compare with largess Delhi and its history. And even economy wise, Delhi is just too big to compare with any other capital in south asia.

man we are not comparing the cities past hitory adn culture adn everything.....nor it's economic produce.....we are talkng about it's planning elegancy and the general conditions of the city which are aesthetically pleasing!....

i think NEW DELHI is best capital city of south asia. But don't include old Delhi, it's really too bad and dirty. However in the term of beautification Islamabad is best but infrastructure is not good like New delhi so Over all New delhi is at 1st place and Islamabad is at 2nd place. BUT don't think any city is inferior to other city. all it's depend on you that which city do you like. I live in small city of East UP(India) and it is my best city.

in my opinion

in clean and greenery - thimpu and islambad

infrastructure and development - newdelhi

man we are not comparing the cities past hitory adn culture adn everything.....nor it's economic produce.....we are talkng about it's planning elegancy and the general conditions of the city which are aesthetically pleasing!....

Since when elegance and planning conditions started depicting best capital? How about education, wealth, health, Social development? Obviously Islamabad is better looking because it was carefully planned and developed city. It is less populated, so not much congestion. But am I only to give award to a city that is aesthetically pleasing ? ain't that too narrow a definition for best capital city.

Since when elegance and planning conditions started depicting best capital? How about education, wealth, health, Social development? Obviously Islamabad is better looking because it was carefully planned and developed city. It is less populated, so not much population. But am I only to give award to a city that is aesthetically pleasing ? ain't that too narrow a definition for best capital city.

in education, wealth, health, Social development too Islamabad is going to win .

Yes, I agree Islo is the best capital city in Asia for all the aforementioned reasons. I also agree it does potentially look like a central or south eastern European city. ;-)

in education, wealth, health, Social development too Islamabad is going to win .

:rofl::rofl::rofl: education: which world class institute u have in Islo agianst Delhi??
wealth: :rofl::rofl: delhi has GDP higher then the whole pakistan
social development : U kidding me
yaa... Islo is ahead in having more no. of terrorist attack
i give it to u :pakistan:

Yes, I agree Islo is the best capital city in Asia for all the aforementioned reasons. I also agree it does potentially look like a central or south eastern European city. ;-)

Looks can be deceiving!
Islamabad is too good no doubt but it lacks in some most important things. Number 1 is Transportation. There are good road and stuff but no such mass transport system (train, buses etc)

islamabad looks more like somewhere europe. Delhi needs beautification projects.think delhi is, after cwg and all.

Islamabad looks like what it is, a 60 year old post independence modern city. Delhi looks like what it is, a 2500 years old ancient city which has been the capital of South Asia for millennium. Like comparing the grand dad with a new born. People doing this comparison need to get their IQs checked. Meaningless thread.

dear pmukherjee i think new delhi is capital city of india. delhi is including in new delhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom