What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I haven't heard about Indian universities either :rofl

there used to be one member "Divya" and another member "KillBill" who told me about all these top-notch universities in India

living in west.... you would never hear about such universities

and this thread is talking about capitals only - why are you dragging Bangalore or other stuff in this thread?

Very much so. Whether or not you've heard about it is is irrelevant. The media focuses on what it wants to focus when it comes to Pakistan, thus such points are basically useless to make. Look at the ranking of NUST, it's quite good. That's all that matters, not whether international students come (actually IIRC, approximately 2,000 students in Islamic University Islamabad are international) or whether you haven't heard about it.

Well if you are comparing IIT or IIM(IIM already in top 25) with any other Pakistani university,you are wet dreaming.

Travelling through Delhi is like a history class with historical building all around.

But which one is a better capital .

Of course its Islamabad. Better planned, more clean, and relatively new and not to forget a better climate.

Just my 2 paisa.
exactly in the initial pages of this thread i was affirming to my point that Islamabad is a different class

Its not to be compared with Delhi or other cities... it is more like Shimla in India - so stop comparing your industries with Islamabad lol

two different kind of cities they are... although Islamabad was made with master plan and I often call it as "the city 5 kilometers away from Pakistan".

Its illogical to compare Islamabad vs Delhi

I think in terms of life-style, security and luxuries Islamabad is ahead
in terms of work-place, jobs, money - Delhi is better

but then both cities are serving different purposes in the end

Very much so. Whether or not you've heard about it is is irrelevant. The media focuses on what it wants to focus when it comes to Pakistan, thus such points are basically useless to make. Look at the ranking of NUST, it's quite good. That's all that matters, not whether international students come (actually IIRC, approximately 2,000 students in Islamic University Islamabad are international) or whether you haven't heard about it.

any link to support your claims?

exactly in the initial pages of this thread i was affirming to my point that Islamabad is a different class

Its not to be compared with Delhi or other cities... it is more like Shimla in India - so stop comparing your industries with Islamabad lol

two different kind of cities they are... although Islamabad was made with master plan and I often call it as "the city 5 kilometers away from Pakistan".

Its illogical to compare Islamabad vs Delhi

But then if you want to choose the best capital city,you ll have to compare.

If it is outdated and it's last recorded stats say that India has less poor population(percent) than Pakistan,so it is outdated for India as well.
And compile it with http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...ell-ahead-pakistan-world-bank-imf-report.html
India's improvement is much faster and already percentage population of poor people less than Pakistan(when last recorded)

India stands better.

2283585.gif

Indian's poverty rate is said to be around 24-25% by most Indian members and sources. Agreed? The latest poverty figures on Pakistan which are about 2 years old show a poverty rate of 17%. It may have gone up to 20%. When last recorded, Pakistan was ahead, not India. So cut the crap.

Btw, this is typical from these guys. Making diversions or discussing just one way to compare the cities. Education isn't the only thing you compare, einsteins. And considering that these are capital cities, this gives educational institutions less importance.

2283585.gif

Indian's poverty rate is said to be around 24-25% by most Indian members and sources. Agreed? The latest poverty figures on Pakistan which are about 2 years old show a poverty rate of 17%. It may have gone up to 20%. When last recorded, Pakistan was ahead, not India. So cut the crap.

Links??Cuz the recent buzz has been of extremely poor condition of Pakistan and not India.
India's reducing poverty very fast compared to Pakistan and from what i see,Pakistan's condition in present day is not very good and i guess you ll also agree with me.

Links??Cuz the recent buzz has been of extremely poor condition of Pakistan and not India.
India's reducing poverty very fast compared to Pakistan and from what i see,Pakistan's condition in present day is not very good and i guess you ll also agree with me.

Why are you discussing poverty in a thread where it's irrelevant?
Link was provided by Karachiite already. Also, recent buzz is irrelevant because media doesn't show ground reality.

Institutes is what creates respect.Ok leave institutes.
Compare medical facilities,infrastructure,transport system etc.Now don't see these things also don't matter.
You ll come to know by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom