What's new

What if developing economies form their own union?

Neptune

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Is this possible? I mean truelly. Turkey is still a EU Candidate since the 90s, South Korea also looked for an economical pact until it graduated to developed nations (by IMF). World powers especially United States, no matter how close you are (NATO, major non-nato)..always have covert policies to prevent the developing nations. My idea is, what if those countries come together and form an economical alliance with assistance by a major power (ex: Japan) to bring it on par with EU, SCO. This will be quite successful.

- Turkey
- South Korea (although, recently graduated to developed economies)
- Poland
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Indonesia
- Mexico
- Israel
- Brazil

...etc. (D8s or you name it)

1- What's the possibility of this alliance?

2- What's it's success/failure rate?

3- Can it benefit all members?

4- It's potentionel of countring EU, SCO at future?

5- Results of a possible customs union, free trade agreement...etc.?

@Talon @Aeronaut @Slav Defence @Secur @Oscar @Sinan @A.Rafay @Dillinger @KRAIT @RangerPK @fatman17 @jhungary and all other members

- Turkey
- Poland
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Indonesia
- Mexico
- Israel
- Brazil

These countries locate in different continents or regions across the planet, you'd better put them together and then talk about UNION. Even the EU does not include East Europe.

@Neptune
That is impossible,since you are placing different nations in same line.I assume that due to reciprocation of interest,country like Israel will never be the part of such economical alliance,plus they seem to have economical scores with United States already!
However,countries such as Korea and turkey can make alliance,which may include some middle eastern and some Asian countries,but I bet to say that EU will never let this happen since their IMF will be at great loss.
-Regards

Last edited:
- Turkey
- Poland
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Indonesia
- Mexico
- Israel
- Brazil

These countries locate in different continents or regions across the planet, you'd better put them together and then talk about UNION. Even the EU does not include East Europe.

those were the most known developing nations. But in terms of economics, i personally disagree on the affect of geographical locations. i.e South Korea had signed the free trade agreement with European Union, also what BRICS, note, Brazil is far away from Asia.

@Neptune
That is impossible,since you are placing different nations in same line.I assume that doesn to reciprocation of interest,country like Israel will never be the part of such economical alliance,plus they seem to have economical scores with United States already!
However,countries such as Korea and turkey can make alliance,which may include some middle eastern and some Asian countries,but I bet to say that EU will never let this happen since their IMF will be at great loss.
-Regards

Then, whats the possibility of this idea, at future. Because, sooner or later i bet that, a new economical alliance will be formed. If it will be with the way i've mentioned. It'll shift nations like Pakistan and Turkey, with a far bigger growth rate i think. Also it'll assist the developing countries having economical escalations i think. Regards

There is already a BRICS bank to challene IMF.......

Ideally stick to bilateral relations - it will be more fruitful in the longer run and will cause very little headaches.

Is this possible? I mean truelly. Turkey is still a EU Candidate since the 90s, South Korea also looked for an economical pact until it graduated to developed nations (by IMF). World powers especially United States, no matter how close you are (NATO, major non-nato)..always have covert policies to prevent the developing nations. My idea is, what if those countries come together and form an economical alliance with assistance by a major power (ex: Japan) to bring it on par with EU, SCO. This will be quite successful.

- Turkey
- Poland
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Indonesia
- Mexico
- Israel
- Brazil

@Talon @Aeronaut @Slav Defence @Secur @Oscar @Sinan @A.Rafay @Dillinger @KRAIT @RangerPK @fatman17 @jhungary and all other members
Theoretically its impossible due to numerous reasons putting Israel and Saudi in the same boat will rock half of the populations of both nations..

However, where one stops dreaming that is the limit of their thinking...I believe alot is possible if only suggested and a strategic approach taken...the prob with the world today is everyone says no to your idea just because you are a normal person, 5 yrs down the road some "famous" person may be suggesting the same idea...

Maybe this alliance is a little strange try some other countries like Turkey to China or something...However, this is only possible if civil wars stop in these countries....

as for Turkey not getting into EU, economically it was beneficial in a way to Turkey itself....

- Turkey
- Poland
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Indonesia
- Mexico
- Israel
- Brazil

However, where one stops dreaming that is the limit of their thinking...I believe alot is possible if only suggested and a strategic approach taken...the prob with the world today is everyone says no to your idea just because you are a normal person, 5 yrs down the road some "famous" person may be suggesting the same idea...

Maybe this alliance is a little strange try some other countries like Turkey to China or something...However, this is only possible if civil wars stop in these countries....

I'll give one example -
The largest developing countries of the world - BRICS for example.

Though BRICS was coined in by Western Economic Agencies - ie Goldman Sachs.

There is a BRICS forum which was made after the term was coined, where our leaders meet.
They are already forming a Bank which would be our counterpart for IMF.

BRICS have already finalized the modalities of this Bank.

That apart the BRICS have also decided to mutually use each other's currencies and to reduce our dependence on dollar for trade between us. Currency swap arrangements are being done.

BRICS also present mostly a common viewpoint on international concerns where WTO is concerned to protect developing countries interests.

So its a start, but it has happened and is continuing.

There are similar other forums there with other countries that are doing this as well.
as for Turkey not getting into EU, economically it was beneficial in a way to Turkey itself....
I think Turkey will benefit more economically being part of EU than out of it.
This is already happening Neptune. In and by multiple forums.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom