What's new

What If Attlee Hadn’t Partitioned India?

Indians called their land as Bharat and Greeks called their land as Ellada.

Greece or Yunan are foreign origin names like India, Hind, Hindustan. The Persian and Arabic name Yunan originated from Ionia which is now in Western Turkey.

Greece is not a foreign name it just became the name of all the tribes of Greece because that word derived from the Boeotian greek tribe of Graeci who came into contact with the Italians who then spread that name as the general name of all Greeks. The name however is indeginious.

Not before the cunning Philip was granted an honorary place in the Amphictyonic council. They were looked down upon by the rest of the Greeks for the unique way of Macedonian life,governance and unusual dialect.

So what history tells us the city states hated one another and spent a lot of time killing one another but do not forget who liberated Macedon from Persian rule later on and for what reason.

Greece is not a foreign name it just became the name of all the tribes of Greece because that word derived from the Boeotian greek tribe of Graeci who came into contact with the Italians who then spread that name as the general name of all Greeks. The name however is indeginious.

I know it but Greeks refer themselves Hellenes. They call their country as Ellada or Hellas.

I know it but Greeks refer themselves Hellenes. They call their country as Ellada or Hellas.

Even today they call themselves Hellenic Republic of Greece, both indigenous names, so its a non-issue. :azn:

Yes,they ruled political India.But does that deny the Indians the right to be weaved in a identical cultural thread?

Nah you guys every right to celebrate one another's culture today since you are united today but then why do you bash Pakistanis when we celebrate Afghan war heroes considering we have a whole group of people who share their history as well? (Pashtun tribes)

It is hypocritical no? :coffee:

@KingMamba93: For me its more hypocratic from your side when you deliberately forget Ranjit Paji's name when its come to naming any missile. :D
(I am having connection prob,tking a break)

Last edited by a moderator:
@KingMamba93: For me its more hypocratic from your side when you deliberately forget Ranjit Paji's name when its come to naming any missile. :D

Yeah I know but listen a lot of Pakistanis agree with you, a lot of Muslims were in Ranjit army too.

Baba Waris Shah who composed Heer-Ranjha wrote these words for one of your missile names.

"khada peeta laahey daa, te rehnda Ahmad Shahey daa"

Troll :lol:
If you agree with that one you should agree with this one too. :smitten:

Awwal hamad Khuda da vird kariye
Ishq kita su jag da mool mian
Pehlaan aap hi Rabb ne ishq kita
Te mashooq he nabi rasool mian

Besides the point are both names indigenous yes or no? You said Greece was not an indigenous name but it is based on one of their tribes so just admit it.

Greece is not an indigenous name. Egypt, Germany, Albania, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, Ireland too aren't indigenous names of these countries.

(I am having connection prob,tking a break)

Majority of Ranjeet army was muslim (or was it 40%?) but if he hilself was muslim then im sure couple of missiles could have been named after him :P

Back
Top Bottom