What's new

What country in sub-saharan Africa will be a regional powerhouse?

Aepsilons

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Good morning folks,

Just wanted to know your opinion in what country in Sub-saharan Africa has the potential to be a regional powerhouse. My thoughts are on Nigeria and South Africa. I'd like to hear your input(s).

Thanks!

- Nigeria, by sheer population. They recently became the biggest economy on the continent, but their GDP/capita is nothing special
- South Africa still has the best infrastructure. Johannesburg is the financial capital of Africa, although the African economy is very decentralized and rural. Finally, SA has BRICS membership.
- Angola exports an amount of oil comparable to Venezuela.

That's about it. None is significantly stronger than its peers.

- Nigeria, by sheer population. They recently became the biggest economy on the continent, but their GDP/capita is nothing special
- South Africa still has the best infrastructure. Johannesburg is the financial capital of Africa, although the African economy is very decentralized and rural. Finally, SA has BRICS membership.

Thanks for your analysis, my friend.

That pretty much sums it unless you want to count which country can export diamonds under their own name rather than mine it for foreigners...that might bring in a good economy....

Uganda has been gaining interest in field trials for farming practices!

I'd add to the above their scientific and technological capabilities which are lightyears ahead of anyone else's in Africa.

Back
Top Bottom