What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

No, that would be where he acted as a dwarf and another movie where he was a Man pretending to be a Woman.

he does that all the time, starting from the early 90's. I think the people got fatigued by it.

He is still one hell of an actor though.

@Indischer

Does Kannada movies have good actors?

I used to associate Kannada movies with mediocrity.

Hope you are not offended.

Oh yeah, Apoorva Sahodarargal and Chachi 420 were his earliest forays into offbeat multiple characters. Dashavataram, though an interesting movie, was a colossal let-down. He had to wear such thick prosthetic make-up for his different characters that there was no emotion forthcoming from his normally expressive face. What was the need for portraying all those characters himself, I can never understand.

Regarding Kannada films, I abuse them more than you ever can. :) Are there good actors? yes. But good roles in good movies? very rarely so. Amongst the 'mass' actors, Sudeep isn't so bad. Can carry off intense characters with ease. Ganesh can play the vulnerable commoner very well. But a versatile actor in the mould of Kamal Haasan during his prime is currently missing from the Kannada film industry.

Oh yeah, Apoorva Sahodarargal and Chachi 420 were his earliest forays into offbeat multiple characters. Dashavataram, though an interesting movie, was a colossal let-down. He had to wear such thick prosthetic make-up for his different characters that there was no emotion forthcoming from his normally expressive face. What was the need for portraying all those characters himself, I can never understand.

Regarding Kannada films, I abuse them more than you ever can. :) Are there good actors? yes. But good roles in good movies? very rarely so. Amongst the 'mass' actors, Sudeep isn't so bad. Can carry off intense characters with ease. Ganesh can play the vulnerable commoner very well. But a versatile actor in the mould of Kamal Haasan during his prime is currently missing from the Kannada film industry.

what do you think of actors in Malayalam

please be gentle :fie:

what do you think of actors in Malayalam

please be gentle :fie:

Haven't watched a lot of Malayalam movies. But the few that I've watched, I've enjoyed a lot. I think I've made no efforts to hide my love for the rustic and believable characters that Malayalam cinema can so regularly conjure up. Except for those bristly moustaches and Shakeela's waistline, everything else about Malayalam cinema is relatively good.:happy:

Back
Top Bottom