What's new

What are the largest/most power companies on the planet?

Biggest Oil companies in the world :

1. Saudi Aramco - 12.5 million barrels per day
2. Gazprom - 9.7 million barrels per day
3. National Iranian Oil Co. - 6.4 million barrels per day
4. ExxonMobil - 5.3 million barrels per day
5. PetroChina - 4.4 million barrels per day
6. BP - 4.1 million barrels per day
7. Royal Dutch Shell - 3.9 million barrels per day
8. Pemex - 3.6 million barrels per day
9. Chevron - 3.5 million barrels per day
10. Kuwait Petroleum Corp. - 3.2 million barrels per day
11. Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. - 2.9 million barrels per day
12. Sonatrach - 2.7 million barrels per day
13. Total - 2.7 million barrels per day
14. Petrobras - 2.6 million barrels per day
15. Rosneft - 2.6 million barrels per day
16. Iraqi Oil Ministry - 2.3 million barrels per day
17. Qatar Petroleum - 2.3 million barrels per day
18. Lukoil - 2.2 million barrels per day
19. Eni - 2.2 million barrels per day
20. Statoil - 2.1 million barrels per day
21. ConocoPhillips - 2 million barrels per day
22. Petroleos de Venezuela - 1.9 million barrels per day
23. Sinopec - 1.6 million barrels per day
24. Nigerian National Petroleum - 1.4 million barrels per day
25. Petronas - 1.4 million barrels per day

what list? who decides the list?

I'm quite certain that its not you. :) To your credit though, Saudi Aramco is by far the biggest oil producer. But certainly not the most powerful or the biggest.

what list? who decides the list?

The list was made interpreting "power" as influence.

So title explains it all..
My bet is on the undisputed oil king of the planet... Saudi Aramco

Here are few facts about Saudi Aramco :

Saudi Aramco is the world's largest oil company by miles!!!! It is a state-owned company head quartered in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Annual Revenue (2011) : $ 356 billion

So, write your options...

An undisputed truth is that petroleum is dollar-denominated.Thus the most powerful company surely is the Federal Reserve who can get any offerrings worldwide with its inexhaustible papers,while the people in the rest of the world mired in the consequent inflations.

An undisputed truth is that petroleum is dollar-denominated.Thus the most powerful company surely is the Federal Reserve who can get any offerrings worldwide with its inexhaustible papers,while the people in the rest of the world mired in the consequent inflations.

True. But Federal Reserves aint a company

Biggest Oil companies in the world :

1. Saudi Aramco - 12.5 million barrels per day
2. Gazprom - 9.7 million barrels per day
3. National Iranian Oil Co. - 6.4 million barrels per day
4. ExxonMobil - 5.3 million barrels per day
5. PetroChina - 4.4 million barrels per day
6. BP - 4.1 million barrels per day
7. Royal Dutch Shell - 3.9 million barrels per day
8. Pemex - 3.6 million barrels per day
9. Chevron - 3.5 million barrels per day
10. Kuwait Petroleum Corp. - 3.2 million barrels per day
11. Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. - 2.9 million barrels per day
12. Sonatrach - 2.7 million barrels per day
13. Total - 2.7 million barrels per day
14. Petrobras - 2.6 million barrels per day
15. Rosneft - 2.6 million barrels per day
16. Iraqi Oil Ministry - 2.3 million barrels per day
17. Qatar Petroleum - 2.3 million barrels per day
18. Lukoil - 2.2 million barrels per day
19. Eni - 2.2 million barrels per day
20. Statoil - 2.1 million barrels per day
21. ConocoPhillips - 2 million barrels per day
22. Petroleos de Venezuela - 1.9 million barrels per day
23. Sinopec - 1.6 million barrels per day
24. Nigerian National Petroleum - 1.4 million barrels per day
25. Petronas - 1.4 million barrels per day

Stop copy-pasting lists...

Name the company and give your own reasons.

This list is useless as it only provides data for "per day production"...

Saudi Aramco holds 260 billion barrels of oil...compare others with this number.

Estimated Market Capitalization of Saudi Aramco is $10 trillion!!!! Bigger than total economy of many countries combined! And mind you, this is just "one" company!!!

I'm quite certain that its not you. :) To your credit though, Saudi Aramco is by far the biggest oil producer. But certainly not the most powerful or the biggest.

What do you mean by this? Not the biggest? It is a biggest oil company in the world..and by hugeeeeeee margin!!!! Oil is probably THE most important sector of world market ...

The list was made interpreting "power" as influence.

What list?

Oil is only worth what people are willing to pay for it, supply and demand. Given middle east's instability that number fluctuates greatly. You are trying to value a company where the oil is still in the ground, kind of counting chickens before they hatch. Why don't walmart discount its future sale projections?

Without its customers, Saudi's oil is worthless. But Saudi oil is easy to extract but they are definately not the only supplier, it merely means the current market price makes more economic sense to buy from them (the low hanging fruit).

Oil is only worth what people are willing to pay for it, supply and demand. Given middle east's instability that number fluctuates greatly. You are trying to value a company where the oil is still in the ground, kind of counting chickens before they hatch. Why don't walmart discount its future sale projections?

Without its customers, Saudi's oil is worthless. But Saudi oil is easy to extract but they are definately not the only supplier, it merely means the current market price makes more economic sense to buy from them (the low hanging fruit).

You got it wrong. Oil is a 'commodity' ...If I have "oil" under my land..you do realize that the price of my land would sky rocket ? Even though the 'hens are yet to be hatched'...

Without its customers, ALL industries are worthless..What would apple be without its customers? So this argument doesn't hold water...Offcourse, Saudi Aramco isn't the only supplier..I didn't say that...They are the largest supplier..

You got it wrong. Oil is a 'commodity' ...If I have "oil" under my land..you do realize that the price of my land would sky rocket ? Even though the 'hens are yet to be hatched'...

Without its customers, ALL industries are worthless..What would apple be without its customers? So this argument doesn't hold water...Offcourse, Saudi Aramco isn't the only supplier..I didn't say that...They are the largest supplier..

Oil is a commodity but no one bases a companies market capitalisation off what they have not sold or extracted. Which is what you are doing.
Using your example, if i find oil beneath my house, and say its massive and estimated at worth of 100 million will your property sell for that amount? If you go by untapped reserves, venezuela should be even richer than the Saudis but there is a reason why petrol is only 15 US cents per litre in its domestic market.

Biggest Automobile Manufacturers

Volkswagen
Toyota
Daimler
Ford
Honda
BMW
General Motors
Nissan
Hyundai
Volvo
Renault
SAIC
Kia
Fiat
Tata
Dongfeng Motor Group
Peugeot
Suzuki
Isuzu
Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru)
Mahindra and Mahindra
Mitsubishi
Mazda
Porsche
BYD
Great Wall Motors
Huayu Automotive

There's a few problems with this list, namely it is not done according to order, plus VW controls Porsche, Renault and Nissan should be listed together, Volvo is owned by Geely, iirc Daimler owns Mitsubishi, Hyundai and Kia should be listed together, Ford owns Mazda , GM owns Isuzu.

I guess this is a sales list by brand, but if you are looking for the largest company, you need to go one level higher, on the conglomerate scale with all assets and services.

Stop copy-pasting lists...

Name the company and give your own reasons.

This list is useless as it only provides data for "per day production"...

Saudi Aramco holds 260 billion barrels of oil...compare others with this number.

Estimated Market Capitalization of Saudi Aramco is $10 trillion!!!! Bigger than total economy of many countries combined! And mind you, this is just "one" company!!!

What do you mean by this? Not the biggest? It is a biggest oil company in the world..and by hugeeeeeee margin!!!! Oil is probably THE most important sector of world market ...

So i shouldn't be copy pasting lists.....does that mean all that you posted as OP are a result of surveys, accounting and auditing ? :lol:

Your entire argument is based on "estimations". If they are estimations, it means it hasn't happened yet.

Regardless, Saudi Aramco is entirely dependent on its foreign customers. They are dependent for the technology, manpower, management and infrastructure. In addition, oil is a very important resource. But the power rests with those who control that oil.......and that's not SA.

So i shouldn't be copy pasting lists.....does that mean all that you posted as OP are a result of surveys, accounting and auditing ? :lol:

Dumb-arse, thats the point. Give your personal opinions backed by data. Don't just "copy-paste" stuff from internet...

Your entire argument is based on "estimations". If they are estimations, it means it hasn't happened yet.

You are dumb.

Saudi Aramco HAS $260 billion barrels of oil and trillions of cubic feet gas under its belt AS WE SPEAK. The 'estimations' are of total market capitalization value of the company i.e how much company worth in open market (Stock market)...Since Saudi Aramco is a state-owned company, it is not traded in stock market..but experts estimate that if were to be made a publicly traded company, how much worth it would hold.
Regardless, Saudi Aramco is entirely dependent on its foreign customers.

So is every other big company..all corporations are dependent on their 'customers', whether foreign or not. Doesn't matter.

Saudi Aramco is more stable than Apple or anything else, because oil WILL BE the NEED to humanity for next 50 years or so...We don't "need" Iphones, but we sure as hell "need" oil ..
They are dependent for the technology, manpower, management and infrastructure.

They aint shitty india. Saudi Aramco is controlled, operated by Saudis. Yes, there are engineers of all nations working there..just like in ALL giant corporations, but over-all operations of Saudi Aramco are run, managed by Saudis. It is a Saudi company as Apple is an American company...

In addition, oil is a very important resource. But the power rests with those who control that oil.......and that's not SA.

lol..who else control the oil? india? :lol:

Saudis pump the oil, sell the oil, control the revenues of oil..control everything in Saudi Aramco...yet someone 'else' control the oil...

Yeah right!

Its definitely Aramco, many people dont know about it because it does not go to Stock market. Its far beyond China petroleum and SinoPec.

well I thought Taiwanese Company Foxconn have the most employee and the biggest European and American companies made their products in Foxconn factories

By the way the company have more than 1.23 million employee and companies like Sony , Acer , Apple , Amazon , Cisco , Dell ,Google and HP , Nokia , Microsoft ,Motorola , Toshiba and ....... uses its factories to made their products and many other companies buy the component for their products from Foxconn . Today it's nearly impossible to find a piece of computer , laptop , mobile or even computer component like motherboard and graphic card that don't have any part made by foxconn

So title explains it all..

Which is the world's most powerful/largest company?

There are few contenders : Google, Facebook, Exxon Mobil, Apple etc etc..

I think that it terms of 'influence', Google has the lead. I mean, Google can manipulate what information humanity sees and what it doesn't see...

But when it comes to most powerful/largest..Google might not make it on the top..There are other contenders..

My bet is on the undisputed oil king of the planet... Saudi Aramco

Here are few facts about Saudi Aramco :

Saudi Aramco is the world's largest oil company by miles!!!! It is a state-owned company head quartered in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Annual Revenue (2011) : $ 356 billion

Estimated Market Capitalization : $ 10 trillion (by financial times) !!!!!!!

Saudi Aramco alone holds 260 billion barrels of oil and ~ 280 trillion cubic feet natural gas reserves. :hitwall:

Saudi Aramco alone is larger than oil giants like Exxon Mobil, BP, Shell, and Chevron combined !!!!! [ whats up, b!tches? ]:lol:

Saudi Aramco head-quarters ...

AramcoCoreArea.jpg

Command and Control center of the planet's most powerful company!

So, write your options...

Armaco is not a publicly traded company like Exxon Mobil, BP, Shell, and Chevron.Also, this particular faces no competition in Saudi Arabia.So its no wonder this State-owned leviathan is the largest oil company in the world.Other thing its market capitalization is not $10 trillion,its the value of its total asset.It doesn't have any m-cap since it is not a publicly traded company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Armaco is not a publicly traded company like Exxon Mobil, BP, Shell, and Chevron.Also, this particular faces no competition in Saudi Arabia.So its no wonder this State-owned leviathan is the largest oil company in the world.Other thing its market capitalization is not $10 trillion,its the value of its total asset.It doesn't have any m-cap since it is not a publicly traded company.

Yes, and these things make it probably the largest/most powerful company of the world too..No competition at home, ultra-edge over other competitors globally and what not.

Saudi Aramco's cost of production is LEAST among ALL oil companies globally..so this is also an advantage..

I know its not traded publicly, but the "estimated" market capitalization is $10 trillion according to financial times ...

its the value of its total asset

The total assets of Saudi Aramco worth well over $20 to $35 trillion !!!!!

Saudi Aramco holds 260 billion barrels of oil reserves...the oil price right now is $93 per barrel...but lets make it $80 per barrel over average...Saudi Aramco's oil reserves alone worth over $20 trillion at $80 per barrel !!!

Mind you, Saudi Aramco also holds fourth largest natural gas reserves, then it has assets in Europe, U.S , China, Japan, Far East etc...It has its own super tankers, airports, cities (yes, Saudi Aramco has its own cities!!!!!), and what not?

So the "total assets" of Saudi Aramco are atleast $25 trillion!!!

PS. Saudi Aramco is working on drilling new oil and natural gas reserves in Saudi Arabia. The total project is worth $60 billion and Saudi Aramco is confident that other than 260 billion barrels it already holds, it will find atleast 200 billion barrels more oil in Saudi deserts, Persian gulf, and Red Sea!!!

Now you understand why I put Saudi Aramco as world's largest/most powerful company!

Back
Top Bottom