What's new

What about Greek F-16 jets to Pakistan?

Because Greek not in a position to pay salaries to its air force personal. So how they are going to maintain a F-16 fleet.

incase you havent noticed , greeks have issues with turkey and turkey is buying f35 --- instead of selling the f16s , i think greeks have an eye on getting some spare f16s from u.s , just like paf

we should then arm those F-16's with nuclear stockpiles and blow your arse up
only then will it be win win situation

cool.. do it.. and try it .... if you are successful you win.. if you fail you loose.... any way it is worth trying.. and these F-16 wont have monitoring ... you can load 5 nuclear bombs and target jaisalmer ;) to start with...

no fects , no figures , just wild day dream , a alians imagination ..

what purpose will be filled by dissuccing such things...

Turkey is going for F35, Greece will buy something closer to counter it. If they get a 4.5th Gen fighter then they may sell these F16s. Sale of F16 to any third country is only possible with US. Govt's consent, so indirectly its US the real key player in any such kind of deal....IMO there is no chances of any such sale in next five years...even if they get a 4.5 Gen a/c in 3three years.

Another point to be noted that PAF was offered Belgium's F-16s in 2004/05, PAF even evaluated them but they were not upto PAF's requirements the main reasons were.

1. BAF F16s have too much flying round the clock, F16's Engine Life is 8000hrs, why should we buy a 5000-6000hr flown a/c who need a complete upgrade in 5 years?
2. The Engine's condition suffers alot when extensively flown over sea, both BAF and HAF F-16s have their routine sorties over sea.
3. PAF needs include an a/c which remains in inventory for long span of time, with less problems...unfortunately HAF/BAF a/c are not thrust worthy for a long span of time...after 5years they all will be at brink of an upgrade or at mercy of spares.

In a nut shell these a/c are not fit for us!

Isn't this like saying, "You can have my car, but I am not giving it to you",

Greece is not even showing any desire to sell, yet the bids are already in place. :cheesy:

err what is going on here? just cuz some fly boy decided that you should buy Greek jets , you guys are debating it ?

Well while the Greek F16 may be reasonable consideration

Pakistani Airforce has abundance of planes to consider for our next goal

a) J10
b) J11
c) Su-30

Not to mention our existing orders for 300 JF17 thunder , block 2 I might add

So there is no real urgency to aquire more F16 while they are wonderful planes in their own rightful place in time

I think for now we are really just considering the above mentioned planes due to our needs

when was su 30 offered to pakistan ??

when was su 30 offered to pakistan ??

never...
there are no plans to acquire flankers, be it Sukhoi or J-11 variants.

PAF should end the F-16 obsession, our current Block 52+ and MLU are enough.
Focus on developing the Thunder blocks and acquisition of FC-20.
^^^no more 4/4.5gen platforms should be bought.

MODs please close this thread, because it is based on a fantasy.

Pakistan Must Invest money on this…In this way Pakistan will get good number fighter Jets in less money… It will also help Pakistan to Increase its F-16 Arsenal.

I hope these Greek F-16's are ignored by PAF- we have much cheaper options available from China with no restrictions on spares--

I hope the current F-16 fleet we have is phased out gradually-

no restrictions on spares...Do they have engine...?

I don't thing that American giving permision to Greeks to sells his F 16 to Pakistan..

Back
Top Bottom