What's new

West Bengal corner....

Could you tell me how to upload photos ,videos , etc. ? Directly from the net and also from my PC .

I have been trying but there's no option for uploading pics directly from the net and every time I try to upload something from my pc ...mostly photos which are in JPEG format , it shows an error .

I don't think you can upload photos/videos directly from your PC(I could be wrong though)....
You can upload your content to any photo/video hosting site like Imgur, Flickr,youtube etc...and then paste the URL like this:-
1. For photos:-
Right click on the photo and select 'open image/link in new tab' until you see the URL(web address) ends with .jpg or .png, when you get this, copy the complete URL, then click on Image tool(just after the 'Smilies' tool) in the toolbar of your comment box and paste the URL in the box mentioned 'image URL' and click 'Insert' button....finished.....notice the cursor beforehand, as the image is going to be pasted at that position....
2. For videos, say from youtube......just open the video, while it's playing, copy the complete URL and then click on the 'Media' tool(just after the 'Image' tool) and paste it in the box named "Enter media URL' and click 'Embed'........finished....

Last edited:
punyalakshmi-hotel.jpg

61092885.jpg

scorpionx's home town :nana:

This thread is for all those who're from West Bengal....

(I created this thread after noticing that, in a particular thread so many members were surprised to know that there are so many Kolkatans in PDF....)

Please participate and share your views so that we get to know each other better....

Members not from W.B may also participate and let us know their views regarding W.B.....everyone's welcome.

P.S: Don't 'reveal' too much, I don't think it's safe to do that, you can share private details through e-mails or other secure methods....

Have fun! :enjoy:

Which thread? Please share the link! I also have noticed a large chunk of members from W.Bengal, actually we love Addas & debates!! :)

Good luck for your exams bro , I 'll keep the post count up now that I have a little time on hand .

Could you tell me how to upload photos ,videos , etc. ? Directly from the net and also from my PC .

I have been trying but there's no option for uploading pics directly from the net and every time I try to upload something from my pc ...mostly photos which are in JPEG format , it shows an error .

I don't think you can upload photos/videos directly from your PC(I could be wrong though)....
You can upload your content to any photo/video hosting site like Imgur, Flickr,youtube etc...and then paste the URL like this:-
1. For photos:-
Right click on the photo and select 'open image/link in new tab' until you see the URL(web address) ends with .jpg or .png, when you get this, copy the complete URL, then click on Image tool(just after the 'Smilies' tool) in the toolbar of your comment box and paste the URL in the box mentioned 'image URL' and click 'Insert' button....finished.....notice the cursor beforehand, as the image is going to be pasted at that position....
2. For videos, say from youtube......just open the video, while it's playing, copy the complete URL and then click on the 'Media' tool(just after the 'Image' tool) and paste it in the box named "Enter media URL' and click 'Embed'........finished....

Right!! I use Imgur. But now the new PDF also has a "Upload file" button just beside the "Post Reply"! :)

Some other epic threads related to Bengalis:

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi? | Page 4

British Colonialism and Partition of Bengal

Famous People Born in Bangladesh

@BDforever You missed this thread! :)
http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/283403-dhaka-v-s-kolkata.html

@Roybot I thought you are 100% Bengali, how come it's 1/4th!! :undecided:

Last edited:
@Roybot I thought you are 100% Bengali, how come it's 1/4th!! :undecided:

Am not mate, my surname confuses a lot of people(Its actually Rai but written as Roy in English). My dad's side of the family is from Varanasi. My Mum is half Bengali, maternal granma(dida) was Bengali, so that makes me 1/4th Bengali 8-).

Although am married to a Bengali myelf, so that would make my kid 3/4th Bengali:rolleyes1:

Am not mate, my surname confuses a lot of people(Its actually Rai but written as Roy in English). My dad's side of the family is from Varanasi. My Mum is half Bengali, maternal granma(dida) was Bengali, so that makes me 1/4th Bengali 8-).

Although am married to a Bengali myelf, so that would make my kid 3/4th Bengali:rolleyes1:

Oh! And I think your wife also has some connection with BD, and you both are doctors! :) Where is @Dillinger ? He is also 50% Bengali AFAIK, and he doesn't want to marry a Bengali girl; maybe you can convince him. :D

@hinduguy You are from which state? @AUSTERLITZ You are also a Bengali? @third eye @Contrarian also??

Mamta Didi will not approve the title. The state is now called Pashchimbangla.

Mamta Didi will not approve the title. The state is now called Pashchimbangla.

In which case she will be reminded that its a "Democracy" and "CPIM cadres don't exist everywhere , even on TV shows " :D and her "Didigiri" won't work at all places :)

Calcutta/Kolkata .....Paschimbanga /Banga /Bengal/West Bengal /Bangla-desh ( the way the region of bengal is still referred to by my Grand Parents ......or simply "amar sonar Bangla " ...... we are free to call it anything we want . Its still our "BONGOBHUMI" :)

Back
Top Bottom