What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

DONE! Excellent link bro!

What link? Can you provide it for me too?

Neither does Tamil to me. Why should I be forced to study Tamil upto my 10th standard...I would rather study French, Espanyol or Korean instead which would be beneficial for my career. Hindi isn't forced upon me it is an optional language...but Tamil is forced.

What do you mean Tamil is forced on to you? If you are studying in Tami Nadu govt/municipal school, then the medium of instruction naturally will be Tamil since it is run by the "Tamil Nadu" govt, paid for by the Tamil tax payers. You can sure check out of the govt schools and home school yourself or get private schooling where no one will force you to learn Tamil. Do not expect the host society to accommodate your tantrums and treat you as someone special.

F-k Hindi. Make everyone learn Sanskrit. I and others don;t give a damn if 60% know Hindi. Just because its convenient, doesn't mean its right. Southies and Northeast will boycott it. At least Sanskrit is neutral and doesn't rile sentiments
Why did you have to use the F word for hindi??? Every language deserves respect.
And yes I am all for sanskrit. They still air sanskrit news on DD isnt it???
But its not at all pragmatic to take up a language as national language when more than half the nation can not understand it. I am so sure that NE would resist sanskrit because it is as alien as hindi to them.

I would bet on hindi.

Now like a good 'spy' ....leave no trails behind !
Errrrr....hatching plots are you??? :confused:

What link? Can you provide it for me too?

What do you mean Tamil is forced on to you? If you are studying in Tami Nadu govt/municipal school, then the medium of instruction naturally will be Tamil since it is run by the "Tamil Nadu" govt, paid for by the Tamil tax payers. You can sure check out of the govt schools and home school yourself or get private schooling where no one will force you to learn Tamil. Do not expect the host society to accommodate your tantrums and treat you as someone special.

You really have no idea what you are speaking.....do you?? Even in private/public (English Medium..where English is the first language) schools students have to take Tamil as their second language up to class X. Private schools aren't funded by state and kids pay a hefty amount as tuition fees....In all other states of India the state language is taught till standard 5 or 6 beyond which it becomes optional. Tamil Nadu is the only state in India where you are forced to take the state language as your second language. Stop posting ridiculous suggestions...I know what to do. Being an Indian I should be free to learn any nationally recognised language....but nobody should be forced to learn something he/she doesn't want to learn.

Why did you have to use the F word for hindi??? Every language deserves respect.
And yes I am all for sanskrit. They still air sanskrit news on DD isnt it???
But its not at all pragmatic to take up a language as national language when more than half the nation can not understand it. I am so sure that NE would resist sanskrit because it is as alien as hindi to them.

I would bet on hindi.

Errrrr....hatching plots are you??? :confused:[/quo

Shoving Hindi down a nation with different sub cultures is not fair. Tamil should be respected and given its due respect. I don't speak neither hindi or Tamil but being pragmatic hasn't always guided us well.

Hindi is the ugly language of filthy UP and Bihar, only respectless people will learn this ugly language. I salute Tamils and all other races who are protecting their languages and rejecting this bhayya ugly hindi language.

Halz dein maul. Wenn du nicht über Indien kennst muss du ruhig bleiben. Was meinst du mit Rasse, du bist auch einer von der gleichen Gesselschaft. Hindi ist eine sprache die von Sanskrit kamm und Tamil kamm auch von Sanskrit die unterschied ist nicht groß. Und für deine Information.. lass mich sagen dass es nur 2 sprachen gab, 1) Sanskrit und 2) Persisch. Und dein Urdu und Arabisch ist von Persisch hergeleitet wo bei mit Urdu ist von Persich und Hindi hergeleitet.
Pata nahi kahan kahan se ajate hai muh utha ke. Kuch pata wata hota nahi.

:angry::angry::angry:

I can safely(and proudly) say that I place the highest priority to my mothertongue and know it way way better than Hindi. :)

As far as Urdu is concerned, I do understand the commonly used Urdu terminologies and phrases, all thanks to watching Lal Topi's histrionics on Pakistani media. :lol: Can't understand the Urdu found in the Quami Tarana though. btw, how well can you understand Dakhani Urdu? Kya jijay, South ki Urdu zubani aati tumein?:azn:
Ask us hyderabadis for deccani urddu:D.:D

Halz dein maul. Wenn du nicht über Indien kennst muss du ruhig bleiben. Was meinst du mit Rasse, du bist auch einer von der gleichen Gesselschaft. Hindi ist eine sprache die von Sanskrit kamm und Tamil kamm auch von Sanskrit die unterschied ist nicht groß. Und für deine Information.. lass mich sagen dass es nur 2 sprachen gab, 1) Sanskrit und 2) Persisch. Und dein Urdu und Arabisch ist von Persisch hergeleitet wo bei mit Urdu ist von Persich und Hindi hergeleitet.

Google translator tells me you are saying that arabic is derived from persian. Lol

Your german is that of a german kid, willst du mir eindrücken, ich bin nicht eingedrückt. Ich sage immer noch dass hindi eine scheisse sprache ist aus Hundland ich meine UP und Bihar die grössten kriminalitäten staaten aus indien, und warum hast du schmerzen in deine hinter türchen gefühlt, bist du hindi bhayya oder was

Tell me, does every Tamilian today regularly read Sangam literature and Thiruvalluvar's works? Conversely, what's preventing a Tamilian who has learnt Hindi from learning and enjoying Tamil literature? Does your knowledge of HINDI make you any less a Tamilian?

Fixed

Mein Bruder, weiß du nicht , er ist nicht von unserer Gesellschaft, sondernd ist von Arabien abgestammt. Er hat kein Recht über Indien zu sprechen. Seine Leute streiten sich in Syria. Da ist sein Hertz.

You really have no idea what you are speaking.....do you?? Even in private/public (English Medium..where English is the first language) schools students have to take Tamil as their second language up to class X. Private schools aren't funded by state and kids pay a hefty amount as tuition fees....In all other states of India the state language is taught till standard 5 or 6 beyond which it becomes optional. Tamil Nadu is the only state in India where you are forced to take the state language as your second language. Stop posting ridiculous suggestions...I know what to do. Being an Indian I should be free to learn any nationally recognised language....but nobody should be forced to learn something he/she doesn't want to learn.

There is no rule which says all states have to follow the same rule. Each states can craft its own education policy. You are free to learn any language, just find a private tutor for yourself.

Shoving Hindi down a nation with different sub cultures is not fair. Tamil should be respected and given its due respect. I don't speak neither hindi or Tamil but being pragmatic hasn't always guided us well.

I gave you the reason as to why we should take up one language as our national language, as I believe that one language(hindi) would unite the different states of India.
Let me give you an example, if a man goes to Assam for the first time he definitely would have zilch knowledge of the language and would find it difficult to communicate with ppl of the state.But if the said person and ppl of assam understand and speak hindi, communication would become easier. The chances are that in real life this man is most likely to use a foreign language( english) to communicate with ppl of the state. Isnt it better to use an Indian language than propagating english???
Now assuming the same man goes to southern parts of India,he would face the same difficulty there.
So if we have a language which is spoken all over India, ppl would travel more to other states and communicating with the locals would be a piece of cake.
I assume you have understood why I was supporting Hindi as our national language ..I wasn't taking straws from wind, that by no means should be misunderstood as disrespecting other Indian regional languages.
As I said its a more pragmatic solution!!

Last edited:
I assume you have understood why I was supporting Hindi as our national language

@Ayush @Indischer @Ravi Nair - Why is this traitor allowed to stay in India ? :pissed:

If there is to be a National Language of India it must only be Punjabi ! :smokin:

Just kidding Levina Apa ! :)

Your arguments make sense ! :tup:

But isn't in a way English also the National Language of India as it is widely understood by almost all literate Indians ?

Hindi is the ugly language of filthy UP and Bihar, only respectless people will learn this ugly language. I salute Tamils who are protecting their languages and rejecting this bhayya ugly hindi language.

Pakistan should fulfill Quaid-i-Azam's promise

Addressing the annual convention of All India Muslim League, held in Madras in 1941, Muhammad Ali Jinnah said,

In this land of yours (meaning the Madras Province) there is another nation, the Dravidians. This land is really Dravidistan. Imagine that three percent of the Brahmin high caste, by skillful maneuvering and skillful methods of electioneering which they have studied, should secure the majority. In this democracy or is it farce? Therefore, I give my fullest sympathies and support to the non -Brahmins. I say to them: The only way for you to come into your own, live your own life according to your culture and according to your language-thank God that Hindi did not go very far here-and your history is to go ahead with your ideal. I have every sympathy for you, and I shall do all I can to support you to establish Dravidistan. The seven percent Muslims will stretch their hand of friendship to you and live with you on lines of equality, justice and fair play.

Back
Top Bottom