What's new

We earn Rs 1,200 a month, say farmers

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI: The Parliament Street is teeming with protesters again. This time thousands of farmers, farm labor have traveled from remote villages to hold a 'Mahapanchayat' to demand a farmers' income commission and a moratorium on land acquisition among others. Farmers holding lathis as a mark of protest have been camping since Monday. Many of them have returned to their villages to come back with more people and supplies to campaign till the Prime Minister responds to their demands.

Farmers are joined by various people's movements at the protest including the National Alliance of People's Movements (NAPM) and the international peasant's movement, La Campesina.

We earn Rs 1,200 a month, say farmers - Times Of India

please if the govt can't help them at least tell them about kerala and give them bus fair to kerala, here they can earn INR 1200 With 2-3 days of labour itself. come work here for few months, then return to your families with handfull of money.people from bengal, and our neighbouring states are already doing it.

please if the govt can't help them at least tell them about kerala and give them bus fair to kerala, here they can earn INR 1200 With 2-3 days of labour itself. come work here for few months, then return to your families with handfull of money.people from bengal, and our neighbouring states are already doing it.

I hear labour charge ranges from 300 to 500 a day. Is it true ? Many north eastern people especially from arunachal and manipur seem to flock there for employment.

Farmers holding lathis as a mark of protest have been camping since Monday. Many of them have returned to their villages to come back with more people and supplies to campaign till the Prime Minister responds to their demands.

In that case they may have to wait for little bit longer. Our PM just spoke over a week ago on his way back from ZA... & madamji may have to recharge her robot's battery before it responds again!!:lol:

situation is not that bad as it seems on paper....I am basically from kushinagar district(from where these farmers have gone)...and I can bet that atleast 1-2 people from poor families works in punjab,gujarat,maharshtra like states and many cities and they send money to their families in UP.....they still are poor but surely not like 1200/month for a family.....even many workers from my village itself work in my lands and easily get 200-250/day...

1200 per month, not possible for a farmer.

I hear labour charge ranges from 300 to 500 a day. Is it true ? Many north eastern people especially from arunachal and manipur seem to flock there for employment.

yes it's up to 650 per day depending on the work. there are works for which you get paid 1000 per day like loading big wood on trucks etc, but not everybody can do that.

Bihar:
Mason :- 350 Rs Per day
Labour : 200- 250 per day

Back
Top Bottom