What's new

War on terror bills: Pakistan forgoes $1.3b claim under CSF

Seriously? They should come up with a more realistic figure, no one will even look at that figure.

Right, no one with absence of intelligence and larger view would look at that figure. Intelligent folks on the other hand would look into the wear and tear of the transit route and facilities alone to add on top of other losses.

See its not like America doesn't have the money to pay off Pakistan what it owes, it just wants Pakistan to suffer and our government is enabling them in their endeavors.

To top it all off, America is anyway paying some more money as aid, so its like saying if you ask this we'll take that away.

So the idea is - we want to give money but we want it to be called aid, and business deals have to be waived off because of that aid.

why are we explaining this to a bunya!!
"chumri jaye dumri na jaye" Bunya is questioning our finances.
As I have said it before we have seen money for last 60 years, enjoy your new found money while it lasts

See its not like America doesn't have the money to pay off Pakistan what it owes, it just wants Pakistan to suffer and our government is enabling them in their endeavors.

To top it all off, America is anyway paying some more money as aid, so its like saying if you ask this we'll take that away.

So the idea is - we want to give money but we want it to be called aid, and business deals have to be waived off because of that aid.

I aid my electricity and gas suppliers every month
I "aided" a landlord for 2 years when I was renting his place
I also "aid" the Pakistani state when I pay the toll tax.

the list goes on...

$124 billion???
surprised.jpg

This is utter baloney!

maybe 124 Billion rupees?

by the way Americans are smart.. there is no compensation for the dilapidation of infrastructure due to this load over the years. only a small fraction might have found its way as a gift in the Swiss accounts and all is good.

Pakistan may take aids in billions from US but never steals US jobs (out sourced jobs) . Hundred Thousands of out soured jobs taken away from US work force will add up in more then Aid given to Pakistan on US tax payer.

:lol: shhhh... China may be listening :)

The $124b figure is all-inclusive. Direct and indirect losses to roads, infrastructure, businesses, people's livelihood and increased security expenditure among others are all taken into consideration.

Just like the CSF claims of $3.4 billion ?? :)

Are all the Pakistani members read the earlier posts posted by your fellow country men months ago when Pakistan closed the NATO routes and with chest thumping announced that nothing will ever make them change their decision , not even a US apology .. where is the hype and hoopla now ... Pakistani leaders both civilian and military are fickle and weak at best !

For all you know this 1.3 billion forgo could be a punishment by USA to Pakistan for making NATO use a more expensive route for 7 months. USA may have deducted that excess cost it had to bear for 7 months from the amount that was due to Pakistan :D

... Just like the CSF claims of $3.4 billion ?? :)

Nope. The CSF only takes US pov into account with cosmetic input from Pakistan only to be rejected later by the American administration.

@Above post:
Ummm. Wasn't Pakistan the one who let go of the money willingly?

Pakistanis call there government full of thieves but then they are defending that these guys has not exaggerate the bills.

It could be either right or wrong, but it is hard to be conclusive. We do play such tricks in our part of world right?

Paise wala hai paise le lo, is the mentality.

Nope. The CSF only takes US pov into account with cosmetic input from Pakistan only to be rejected later by the American administration.

But the claims on both sides by Pakistan seem as inflated

@Above post:
Ummm. Wasn't Pakistan the one who let go of the money willingly?
It had initially asked for the whole amount...

But the claims on both sides by Pakistan seem as inflated

It had initially asked for the whole amount...

The $124b has most probably been accumulated over the years since our participation in the Terror War.
And the govt. might have let go of the amount to cover up their blunder of associating money with the rightful demand for an apology.

Back
Top Bottom