What's new

Wake up Lahore - Q&A Session

Nobody should call themselves by any label, or accept any ideology blindly. People should take a stand any issue only after having fully studied and understood it.

For proper understanding of any issue, one has to look at both sides of the argument, both the pros and the cons.

If one in indoctrinated from birth about only the pros, in an environment where discussion of the cons is a capital offense, then that is not conducive to a rational understanding.

Halaku indoctrine from birth is only in Hinduism. Thats why you dont see much conversions to Hinduism because a hindu is always the born one who is born in a hindu family.

You can have one or two examples where few people converted to Hinduism but basically there is no such thing in hinduism.

Why dont you ask hindus to first understand their faith and not follow it blindly.

Halaku indoctrine from birth is only in Hinduism. Thats why you dont see much conversions to Hinduism because a hindu is always the born one who is born in a hindu family.

You can have one or two examples where few people converted to Hinduism but basically there is no such thing in hinduism.

Why dont you ask hindus to first understand their faith and not follow it blindly.

I was trying my best not to indulge in this discussion but you finally made me to.

One or two examples of convertions to hinduism? :O

Well Basic stuff
1. We dont have a prophet
2. we dont have a single authoritative body

So who converts one to hinduism? There is absolutely no way one can be converted to hinduism. Either you are born hindu or decide to be hindu thats it. No one can certify that from today on you are a hindu...

I was trying my best not to indulge in this discussion but you finally made me to.

One or two examples of convertions to hinduism? :O

Well Basic stuff
1. We dont have a prophet
2. we dont have a single authoritative body

So who converts one to hinduism? There is absolutely no way one can be converted to hinduism. Either you are born hindu or decide to be hindu thats it. No one can certify that from today on you are a hindu...

Man this is the thing i love about the hindu religion and one more thing no strict rules about going to the temple.like we Christians must go to church on Sunday and Muslims must go to mosque on Friday..No body is there to control them..They are practicing their religion upon their likes or dislikes

I did not mention any particular religion. I was stating some general principles in a friendly way. Anyway, suit yourself.

There are, however, some factual inaccuracies in some of your statements. Some time back I had posted: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/31863-newsweek-we-all-hindus-now.html

But it's not that I am regarding that as any kind of vindication. Although one should be receptive and open to new ideas, one's convictions should not depend upon the endorsement or lack of endorsement by the multitudes.

Man this is the thing i love about the hindu religion and one more thing no strict rules about going to the temple.like we Christians must go to church on Sunday and Muslims must go to mosque on Friday..No body is there to control them..They are practicing their religion upon their likes or dislikes

You are absolutely right, there is a reason for that. As its is said, no one invented this religion and no one put some commanments to be followed.

Its known that Hinduism evolved slowly, and thats the reason there are so many branches in that and with that many times it has got corrupted with false faiths and beliefs e.g. sacrifices, sathi parth etc. Many leaders have tried cleansing it many a times. One of them was sankara charya in past and Raja Ram mohan roy in present times.

And if you want to summarize, there is NOTHING called as Hinduism, its an umbrella term given to many branches of Sanatan dharma by britishers.

Its sanatana-dharma- way of life, you can't define it as religion.
Religion conveys the idea of faith, and faith may change. One may have faith in a particular process, and he may change this faith and adopt another (precisely what's happening in Islam today), but sanatana-dharma refers to that activity which cannot be changed. For instance, liquidity cannot be taken from water, nor can heat be taken from fire. Similarly, the eternal function of the eternal living entity cannot be taken from the living entity. Sanatana-dharma is eternally integral with the living entity.

You are absolutely right, there is a reason for that. As its is said, no one invented this religion and no one put some commanments to be followed.

Its known that Hinduism evolved slowly, and thats the reason there are so many branches in that and with that many times it has got corrupted with false faiths and beliefs e.g. sacrifices, sathi parth etc. Many leaders have tried cleansing it many a times. One of them was sankara charya in past and Raja Ram mohan roy in present times.

And if you want to summarize, there is NOTHING called as Hinduism, its an umbrella term given to many branches of Sanatan dharma by britishers.

There are lot of things i admire about Hinduism .main thing is that they are willing to change its ideology if its wrong..For some ages Brahmins were offered supreme power and they tend to misuse it a lot.Now we cannot say Brahmin's enjoy all kind of powers here.Hinduism tend to evolve a lot and continue in search of truth..But its almost staggered in British rule ...There are lots of good practices which Christians and Muslims adapt here in India ...

Buddy by the same logic as shown by Mr. ZH you can claim that you ruled India (and Pakistan ..oh yes ..they are different..different culture..different language...better looks..you got to specify that..even though we are talking about pre-independent India coz they are just different.."we have nothing in common- ZH") for close to 200 years and we Hindus and Muslims(Including ZH and his followers here) were your slaves. So you are the real master actually.
All hail the master :victory:

BTW I wanna ask a question to all brave Muslim warriors here. How was the slavery under british ?? Need to ask..After all, It was nothing new for us. we were your slaves before and we, Hindus are generally coward, meek people. You are the Martial Race..

Last edited:
Kashmir was never part of India so Indians have no share here. Keep Kashmir out of it.
but YOU mentioned that you were invaders and had nothing to lose. So if u are invaders please kindly leave kashmir , thats all

Buddy by the same logic as shown by Mr. ZH you can claim that you ruled India (and Pakistan ..oh yes ..they are different..different culture..different language...better looks..you got to specify that..even though we are talking about pre-independence coz they are just different.."we have nothing in common- ZH") for close to 200 years and we Hindus and Muslims(Including ZH and his followers here) were your slaves. So you are the real master actually.
All hail the master :victory:

BTW I wanna ask a question to all brave Muslim warriors here. How was the slavery under british ?? Need to ask..After all, It was nothing new for us. we were you slaves before and we, Hindus are generally coward, meek people. You are the Martial Race..

Thanks but no thanks ....I dont want to boast myself over some body in my religion ruled over my country before i was even born ;) .. From this I can make US invasion of Afghan and Iraq as I invaded both countries and I am now bombing my neighboring country using Drone :D ..Soo Childish na??

:) sorry buddy when we recite the Kalima we are Muslims and non-other than Muslims. We take pride in Muslim fighters who ruled over You simple as that.

And NO Mr Zaid's forefathers have never been Hindus, neither mine.

Balance whatever you say the fact is that Muslim commanders won and ruled over sub-continent.
jana you are wrong. not the whole sub continent, onl north. in the south you guys got your ***** whipped regularly by kings like Shivaji. where i come from, there was never ever a muslim ruler. in fact if you take divided india (ie without pak) marathas had a larger area than the muslims ever had. so please stop feeling proud that muslims ruled over. bahadur shah zafars , the descendant of timur and genghis khan (probably your forefather too) was imprisoned in his last years, his sons stripped naked and shot dead and all the women in the household sold off to be prostitutes. i didnt feel proud when i read this. felt very outraged that the british were able to do this. so dont show your barbabaric tribal attitude pls

There are lot of things i admire about Hinduism .main thing is that they are willing to change its ideology if its wrong..For some ages Brahmins were offered supreme power and they tend to misuse it a lot.Now we cannot say Brahmin's enjoy all kind of powers here.Hinduism tend to evolve a lot and continue in search of truth..But its almost staggered in British rule ...There are lots of good practices which Christians and Muslims adapt here in India ...

Yes its both good and Bad, like if the followers are good and think more then good things will get ingrained, or else if teh followers want to eat mutton, then they will say animal sacrifices are part of our culture to get free mutton curry in temples. Got it?

With so much freedom, it attracts bad elements faster which can pollute the things. Well then you can not blame it as its more than 3000 yrs old. The best part is something told more than 3000 yrs ago can not be true in current context. Like in Islam music is banned, but no one can debate over that, What I think, it was banned mostly because at those times mujra was the most popular types and it leads to prostitution and hence it was banned, but hell no, you can not listen to that. ( Correct me If i am wrong, but talibs are destroying music shops in the name of faith)

If you read a bit more about sanatana dharma, you will find there was a branch called Tarka, means debate. That means the follower of that debate over god and found that its the best way to get closer to god by debating and learning more about him.

Yes its both good and Bad, like if the followers are good and think more then good things will get ingrained, or else if teh followers want to eat mutton, then they will say animal sacrifices are part of our culture to get free mutton curry in temples. Got it?

With so much freedom, it attracts bad elements faster which can pollute the things. Well then you can not blame it as its more than 3000 yrs old. The best part is something told more than 3000 yrs ago can not be true in current context. Like in Islam music is banned, but no one can debate over that, What I think, it was banned mostly because at those times mujra was the most popular types and it leads to prostitution and hence it was banned, but hell no, you can not listen to that. ( Correct me If i am wrong, but talibs are destroying music shops in the name of faith)

If you read a bit more about sanatana dharma, you will find there was a branch called Tarka, means debate. That means the follower of that debate over god and found that its the best way to get closer to god by debating and learning more about him.

hinduism is a way of life for humans. no need to follow some guys who claim god told them the true word

Kashmir was never part of India so Indians have no share here. Keep Kashmir out of it.

Srinagar itself is a sanskrit word meaning "beautiful city" signfying its eternal indian connection.

history of kashmir.

Kashmir was one of the major centre of Sanskrit scholars. According to the Mahabharata, the Kambojas ruled Kashmir during the epic period with a Republican system of government from the capital city of Karna-Rajapuram-gatva-Kambojah-nirjitastava., shortened to Rajapura, which has been identified with modern Rajauri. Later, the Panchalas are stated to have established their sway. The name Peer Panjal, which is a part of modern Kashmir, is a witness to this fact. Panjal is simply a distorted form of the Sanskritic tribal term Panchala. The Muslims prefixed the word peer to it in memory of Siddha Faqir and the name thereafter is said to have changed into Peer Panjal. The Mauryan emperor Ashoka is often credited with having founded the city of Srinagar.

Kashmir was once a Buddhist seat of learning, perhaps with the Sarvāstivādan school dominating. East and Central Asian Buddhist monks are recorded as having visited the kingdom. In the late 4th century AD, the famous Kuchanese monk Kumārajīva, born to an Indian noble family, studied Dīrghāgama and Madhyāgama in Kashmir under Bandhudatta. He later becoming a prolific translator who helped take Buddhism to China. His mother Jīva is thought to have retired to Kashmir. Vimalākṣa, a Sarvāstivādan Buddhist monk, travelled from Kashmir to Kucha and there instructed Kumārajīva in the Vinayapiṭaka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kashmir#Early_history

Buddhism and Hinduism in Kashmir

The Mauryan emperor Ashoka is often credited with having founded the city of Srinagar. Kashmir was once a Buddhist seat of learning, perhaps with the Sarvāstivādan school dominating. East and Central Asian Buddhist monks are recorded as having visited the kingdom. In the late 4th century AD, the famous Kuchanese monk Kumārajīva, born to an Indian noble family, studied Dīrghāgama and Madhyāgama in Kashmir under Bandhudatta. He later became a prolific translator who helped take Buddhism to China. His mother Jīva is thought to have retired to Kashmir. Vimalākṣa, a Sarvāstivādan Buddhist monk, travelled from Kashmir to Kucha and there instructed Kumārajīva in the Vinayapiṭaka.

Adi Shankara visited the pre-existing Sarvajñapīṭha (Sharada Peeth) in Kashmir in late 8th century CE or early 9th Century CE. The Madhaviya Shankaravijayam states this temple had four doors for scholars from the four cardinal directions. The southern door (representing South India) had never been opened, indicating that no scholar from South India had entered the Sarvajna Pitha. Adi Shankara opened the southern door by defeating in debate all the scholars there in all the various scholastic disciplines such as Mimamsa, Vedanta and other branches of Hindu philosophy; he ascended the throne of Transcendent wisdom of that temple.

Abhinavagupta (approx. 950 - 1020 AD) was one of India's greatest philosophers, mystics and aestheticians. He was also considered an important musician, poet, dramatist, exeget, theologian, and logician - a polymathic personality who exercised strong influences on Indian culture.

He was born in the Valley of Kashmir in a family of scholars and mystics and studied all the schools of philosophy and art of his time under the guidance of as many as fifteen (or more) teachers and gurus. In his long life he completed over 35 works, the largest and most famous of which is Tantrāloka, an encyclopedic treatise on all the philosophical and practical aspects of Trika and Kaula (known today as Kashmir Shaivism). Another one of his very important contributions was in the field of philosophy of aesthetics with his famous Abhinavabhā***ī commentary of Nāṭyaśāstra of Bharata Muni

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashmir#Buddhism_and_Hinduism_in_Kashmir

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom