What's new

Vietnam’s People’s Army to turn into regular and elite force

1965 and Kargil were not victory for India. Stop relying on Bollywood propaganda.

In case of 1965; Operation Gibralter failed but Pakistan managed to stop Indian invasion and even conducted counter-offensive missions in Indian territory. This is loss for India because it was much better armed then Pakistan and also had larger military force in comparison.

In case of Kargil; This event took place in a time when political differences between Musharraf and Nawaz were increasing. Pakistan was under sanctions and was not supported by Washington at that time. Even then, Pakistani military forces proved to be a serious headache for the entire Indian military establishment. Pakistan withdrew due to growing international pressure on us. Otherwise, we had succeeded in isolating the entire Indian force stationed in Siachin and they would have been choked and destroyed. The remaining of your force could also be dealt with. The only problem was that if India would have lost too much, the war may have turned nuclear. The funny thing is that PAF was not much active during in this war and still we delivered some punch.

I dont like bringing this topic to every thread,especially when this thread had nothing to do with India and Pakistan,but anyway I like to address you.

It is true that Pakistani force withdrawn from Kashmir after mounting international pressure,but that was not before we had overtaken Tololing,point 5060 and point 5100,tiger hills,drass and Batalik.Even before ur withdrawal,u had lost most of the sectors that was vital in this war.Even if your forces choose to stay there,our reoccupation was inevitable,It was decisively in our favour.A fact which the Pakistani high command know triggering the pull out response coupling with he so called international pressure.

And finally I appreciate your military not because of their fighting skills(infact I consider that was not worth it),but because you completely caught us offguard,one of our biggest intelligence failure.

Now the reason why I called your fighting skills not worthy enough,because from the start u had clear cut advantage even though you were low in number,u got to take over our position without facing any resistance because they were completely evacuated,you have the advantage of massive heights,yet you failed in your primary mission of cutting down NH-1 though u made the condition's tough.And you still believe you have the capability to take back Kashmir

Now let me tell you about what if we failed to take over our territory,it do not had went nuclear but a complete conventional victory for India if Nawaz sheriff is to be believed according to his memoirs.He claimed that Pakistani nukes were not even active at that time and Indian navy was on a ready position to blockade Pakistai supply lines,and if that happened Pakistan would have left stranded with only 6 days of fuel to run the country.

So I think it was a better calculation from Pakistani side to leave Kargil rather then get insulted themselves at unprecedented level.

They have solid reasons to do so, if they really do.

We can retake Kashmir even now. The only thing stopping us is the nuclear war which will end both nations.

Are u serious?

1. you can't attempt this covertly, So the international community will be firmly on our side.
2. If do succeed in causing trouble for IA , in Kashmir, IA will just open a 2nd front to relive the pressure.

Most importantly all this should be done in 20 days at the max before international pressure falls on both nations.
Which i don't think is possible for Pakistan in its current state , or even when WOT is over.

I dont like bringing this topic to every thread,especially when this thread had nothing to do with India and Pakistan,but anyway I like to address you.

It is true that Pakistani force withdrawn from Kashmir after mounting international pressure,but that was not before we had overtaken Tololing,point 5060 and point 5100,tiger hills,drass and Batalik.Even before ur withdrawal,u had lost most of the sectors that was vital in this war.Even if your forces choose to stay there,our reoccupation was inevitable,It was decisively in our favour.A fact which the Pakistani high command know triggering the pull out response coupling with he so called international pressure.

And finally I appreciate your military not because of their fighting skills(infact I consider that was not worth it),but because you completely caught us offguard,one of our biggest intelligence failure.

Now the reason why I called your fighting skills not worthy enough,because from the start u had clear cut advantage even though you were low in number,u got to take over our position without facing any resistance because they were completely evacuated,you have the advantage of massive heights,yet you failed in your primary mission of cutting down NH-1 though u made the condition's tough.And you still believe you have the capability to take back Kashmir

Now let me tell you about what if we failed to take over our territory,it do not had went nuclear but a complete conventional victory for India if Nawaz sheriff is to be believed according to his memoirs.He claimed that Pakistani nukes were not even active at that time and Indian navy was on a ready position to blockade Pakistai supply lines,and if that happened Pakistan would have left stranded with only 6 days of fuel to run the country.

So I think it was a better calculation from Pakistani side to leave Kargil rather then get insulted themselves at unprecedented level.
Again, your information is based on nuetral sources if any exist? I seriously doubt this.

I acknowledge that 2 peaks were retaken by Indian forces; 5060 and 5100. However, the remaining peaks were handed to Indians on silver plate because our forces retreated and that too without proper diplomatic engagement with the Indians which was an extremely silly move on our part. This fuels the perception that Pakistani forces were on the run but this was never the case.

I have seen the enormous artillery guns which were used in the Kargil conflict and met with soldiers who had manned them. These guns were shown a lot on the media during the confict as well. They are in perfect shape and order. If Indian military forces really managed to destroy much of the Pakistani military, these guns would have been taken out as well. However, propaganda works for the common citizens. Unfortunately for you, I am not easily fooled.

Big picture is that a small Pakistani force engaged a huge Indian military force and proved to be a headache for it. However, Pakistani military performance was overshadowed by a number of issues which I have pointed out before and the troops never got reinforced or airsupport. Indians had all these benefits. We certainly had the potential to do lot better.

But situation is lot more different now. The state of readiness of Pakistani military forces is nearly at its peak in current times including PN and PAF. Thanks to WOT and post 9/11 Indian politics.

Are u serious?

1. you can't attempt this covertly, So the international community will be firmly on our side.
2. If do succeed in causing trouble for IA , in Kashmir, IA will just open a 2nd front to relive the pressure.

Most importantly all this should be done in 20 days at the max before international pressure falls on both nations.
Which i don't think is possible for Pakistan in its current state , or even when WOT is over.
I was simply talking about the military capability. Pakistan currently possesses the military muscle to achieve this feat. Kargil episode will seem like a joke in comparison.

However, it is unlikely to occur due to the reasons you already know.

I was simply talking about the military capability. Pakistan currently possesses the military muscle to achieve this feat. Kargil episode will seem like a joke in comparison.

In 65 and 71, india and pakistan military had similar overall capability and u could not gain an inch of kashmir, u only lost parts of it.

Now the gap is HUGE
Global Firepower - 2011 World Military Strength Ranking

So think again before u comment on this

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

In 65 and 71, india and pakistan military had similar overall capability and u could not gain an inch of kashmir, u only lost parts of it.

Now the gap is HUGE
Global Firepower - 2011 World Military Strength Ranking

So think again before u comment on this

Continue to dream on buddy.

We were actually doing very fine in 65 until India decided to open the Punjab front. We were forced to divert our resources from Kashmir to punjab.

And we never tried properly in 1971. However, I fully acknowledge good Indian military performance in this conflict. We got cocky while you learned from your mistakes.

However, you will be surprised by how much Pakistani military forces are prepared in post 9/11 world and it is very big in size now. If you can't see the current developments, not my fault.

Vietnam Army Upgrades V100 Armored Vehicle

(VNA) - The military technical experts Vietnam has upgraded armored vehicles from the 60’s into a modern fighting vehicles today.

Cadillac Gage V100 of the Vietnam Armed Forces
Viet%2BV100_2.bmp

Viet%2BV100_4.bmp

The upgrade process was done in Mechanical Engineering Institute, the General Department of Engineering, Department of Defense, old engine was replaced by diesel engines, adding night camera, and redesigned the electrical system .After the upgrade, V100 vehicle was "combat ready", and will be included in the staff complement of combat units.(VTC News)
http://mil.bonology.com/2011/09/vietnam-army-upgrades-v100-armored.html

Vietnam gradually mastering military ship building

Based on preliminary data of the partners, Hong Ha Company completed the design and manufacture of artillery ship TT400TP, marked a new maturity of the military shipbuilding industry in Vietnam.
Việt Nam từng bước làm chủ công nghệ đóng tàu quân sự

Dựa vào tài liệu sơ bộ của đối tác, Công ty Hồng Hà hoàn thiện thiết kế, chế tạo tàu pháo TT400TP, đánh dấu bước trưởng thành mới của ngành đóng tàu quân sự Việt Nam.
Vi

qp-linh-tt400tp-232.jpg

10411.jpg

Vietnam Wants Four SIGMA Corvettes
18 Oktober 2011

The first two ship will be built in Schelde Shipyard, while the other two corvettes will be built in Vietnam (photo : Wim Kosten)

Vietnam ordered four corvettes at Schelde Vlissingen

Vlissingen - Vietnam wants four corvettes ordered from Schelde Naval Shipbuilding in Vlissingen.

That the Vietnamese prime minister said Saturday during his visit to the yard. There is no signed contract. First, the Vietnamese and Dutch governments agree on the funding.

If the order is placed, the aim of the first two ships to be built in Vlissingen. The other two corvettes will be built in Vietnam.
Defense Buzz
e6cf0787ac2afa85bdb317b5fbaa0b6dca53964b_big.jpg

Underdogs have this surprise element. Indians and Viets are underdogs. Hope chinese wont burn their hands like last Vietnam war.

lol look at you, trying covering yourself in the victory of another country. The Vietnamese are worthy enemies, hard fighters, the PLA was definitely struggles to take its objectives 1979 but even on in its worse years after the cultural revolution, the PLA could have swept the Indian army like a rug.

When was the last time India won a battle against a non-South Asian opponent? or has it ever?

lol look at you, trying covering yourself in the victory of another country. The Vietnamese are worthy enemies, hard fighters, the PLA was definitely struggles to take its objectives 1979 but even on in its worse years after the cultural revolution, the PLA could have swept the Indian army like a rug.

When was the last time India won a battle against a non-South Asian opponent? or has it ever?

First of all thanks for the accepting that you lost in 1979 unlike other Chinese members. and for last line of your sentence. We dont have imperial ambitions like china so we didn't , don't and won't fight battles far from our country. And when was the last time China had won any war? Enlighten me.

First of all thanks for the accepting that you lost in 1979 unlike other Chinese members. and for last line of your sentence. We dont have imperial ambitions like china so we didn't , don't and won't fight battles far from our country. And when was the last time China had won any war? Enlighten me.

Maybe I should qualify my statement. China's "lost" is on different standard of "lost" than Indians. The PLA still advanced into Vietnamese territory and captured the provincial capital. At no point did the Vietnamese step on to Chinese soil. I say lost because the war failed to achieve its strategic goal of forcing the Vietnamese to withdraw from their occupation of Cambodia. Whereas you people will claim a victory everytime a PLA soldier scraps his knee on a rock on the Indian border.

Here's a question for you just for lols. When was the last time India won a war against a non-South Asian opponent? It seems everytime you poke your nose outside of the sub-continent you get it clipped.

Second Bastion coastal system with Yakhont missiles supplied to Vietnam

BY INTERFAX NEWS, ON OCTOBER 18TH, 2011 AT 03:00PM GMT
PUBLISHED ON THE RUSSIA AND CIS GENERAL NEWS WIRE
MOSCOW. Oct 18 (Interfax-AVN) – Russia has supplied to Vietnam the second mobile coastal missile system, Bastion, with the Yakhont unified supersonic anti-ship…
Second Bastion coastal system with Yakhont missiles supplied to Vietnam « News Headlines from Russia, Central Asia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan – Interfax Europe
Bastion-Vietnam.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom