What's new

Video Gamers report in!

Sir, if you are in dire need of better battery back up then choose a 9cell battery for the lap instead of a standard 6 cell. That will keep you connected for a long period :)

at home [for my room] ive added an external power source much like a generator-- consisting of 2 large batteries [we call it ups] -- it can operate for 2 hours without electricity----- ive 3 such ups at home -- my laptop battery operates independently for 40 minutes

well duded finally i got that Resident evil Downloaded in my PS 3 with grace of ALLAH hard work of 4 days countinously downloading finally paid off

If you're going for gaming laptop, look for i7 processor, minimum 4 GB DDR3 RAM, and 1 GB of Graphics card.

To be honest, most modern dual/multi-core processors will handle gaming just fine.

Personally, I would go for an Intel i5 instead of an i7, and spend the difference on a better graphics card.
After all, it is the power of your graphics card which largely determines what kind of gaming experience you will have.

Also, you shouldn't judge a graphics card by how much vRAM it has - even entry level cards can have 1GB of vRAM, but just don't expect smooth frame-rates or high detail graphics when playing modern games.

I use this chart when choosing graphics cards:

Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: October 2011

It groups cards with similar performance into brackets/tiers, it takes a lot of confusion out of the model numbers.

The site also has a similar chart for CPU's:

Gaming CPU Hierarchy Chart : Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: September 2011

^^^

The first one was disappointing, I doubt this one will be any better... Anyway, BF3 will get me my fill of dogfighting action! :smokin:

Cracked BF3 is out... courtesy Reloaded

good for those who wanna try the game out.. but aren't sure how it will run.

Nevertheless if u want multiplayer, and value game achievements ....plz buy the game.

Cus u wont get it otherwise.

I've been playing this game on the weekends for the past couple of weeks. It's pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, most modern dual/multi-core processors will handle gaming just fine.

Personally, I would go for an Intel i5 instead of an i7, and spend the difference on a better graphics card.
After all, it is the power of your graphics card which largely determines what kind of gaming experience you will have.

Also, you shouldn't judge a graphics card by how much vRAM it has - even entry level cards can have 1GB of vRAM, but just don't expect smooth frame-rates or high detail graphics when playing modern games.

I use this chart when choosing graphics cards:

Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: October 2011

It groups cards with similar performance into brackets/tiers, it takes a lot of confusion out of the model numbers.

The site also has a similar chart for CPU's:

Gaming CPU Hierarchy Chart : Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: September 2011

1]regarding graphics cards of 4gb-- [if i go with i5 laptop]-- which would be a good one and which one would be great ?

2]is the original intel graphics card in i5 mentioned on the list?is it useless for gamers?

qDah4.png

i just want to know something when i talk to the shopkeeper:P

Cracked BF3 is out... courtesy Reloaded

good for those who wanna try the game out.. but aren't sure how it will run.

Nevertheless if u want multiplayer, and value game achievements ....plz buy the game.

Cus u wont get it otherwise.

+ If we gamers start pirating games, how the hell are the developers gonna' make money?

- In the Music industry - Artists can play gigs
- Film industry - Money is made at the Box Office so it doesn't matter if you pirate DVDs that much.

- Gaming industry? - You can either buy games or pirate them, that's it.

So yeah, buy your games!

regarding graphics cards of 4gb-- [if i go with i5 laptop]-- which would be a good one and which one would be great ? is the original intel graphics card mentioned on the list?is it useless for gamers?

Yes, integrated graphics cards are completely useless. Your current Laptop probably has one. It's good enough for displaying a few windows, a few nice transitions and watching video but that's where it ends.

When it comes to gaming - the standard FPS is 60 as opposed to 25 (which is the point at which humans start to perceive motion). An intel graphics card wouldn't even manage 60 FPS on a 10 year old game!

Yes, integrated graphics cards are completely useless. Your current Laptop probably has one. It's good enough for displaying a few windows, a few nice transitions and watching video but that's where it ends.

When it comes to gaming - the standard FPS is 60 as opposed to 25 (which is the point at which humans start to perceive motion). An intel graphics card wouldn't even manage 60 FPS on a 10 year old game!

nerd%20alert.jpg

:P

1]regarding graphics cards of 4gb-- [if i go with i5 laptop]-- which would be a good one and which one would be great ?

Looking at the current generation of cards to avoid confusion:

For nVidia, Geforce 525M or 540M is minimum.
For AMD, HD 6530M is minimum.

Then, if your budget allows, go higher.

2]is the original intel graphics card in i5 mentioned on the list?is it useless for gamers?

qDah4.png

All the new sandy bridge laptop i5 and i7 have Intel HD 3000 graphics integrated.
Not so good for modern games, but for older games it does ok.

Back
Top Bottom