What's new

Vice Presidential debate - Biden vs Ryan

Sashan

Reaction score
Saw the debate and felt Biden tilted the scales for Democrats and made up for lost ground with his experience and ability to quote numbers.

Ryan lost out on the domestic policies while Biden could not justify the lack of marine unit in Libya leading to the killing of the Ambassador.

Joe Biden was definitely making up for Obama's previous debate. Ryan kept drinking water and not articulating his views and polices.

Who won? It's not obvious like it was last week but I will say this: I don't think Ryan helped or hurt Romney but Biden helped Obama.

Biden won this. These debates are generally more about style and being confident than substance. Obama lacked that last week.

Joe Biden was definitely making up for Obama's previous debate. Ryan kept drinking water and not articulating his views and polices.

But Ryan was dynamic and much better choice than Sarah Palin. :)

Yes Biden made up for Obama this time; plus did you see how many times Joe Biden was laughing?

But Ryan was dynamic and much better choice than Sarah Palin. :)

If you look at their views it's a clear choice. Benefit the middle class by cutting their taxes or cut the taxes of the upper class so they can "invest" in the economy.

Grow the economy from the middle class out or the upper class out.
We tried something similar to this in Pakistan where the government is now only useful to the Rich.

Yes Biden made up for Obama this time; plus did you see how many times Joe Biden was laughing?

Biden was little bit off balance while Ryan was steady but Biden knew stuff whereas Ryan was little handicapped on Romney not being able to define a proper policy to make up for the budget deficit.

If you look at their views it's a clear choice. Benefit the middle class by cutting their taxes or cut the taxes of the upper class so they can "invest" in the economy.

Grow the economy from the middle class out or the upper class out.
We tried something similar to this in Pakistan where the government is now only useful to the Rich.

I think Biden would have scored the brownie points when he kept insisting on $120,000 millionaire families getting a tax credit of 800 billion dollars while the middleclass will have to pay $2000 extra on taxes every year.

Biden won this. These debates are generally more about style and being confident than substance. Obama lacked that last week.

I felt Biden's was mostly the style of a typical politcian while Ryan's style was refreshing and oozing confidence.

Biden won easily, although both candidates slipped in some zingers.

In response to the expected 47% reference, I liked Ryan's comment about words not always coming out the way one intended -- an obvious reference to Biden's gaffes.

Biden, for his part, highlighted the Republican dishonesty by asking on foreign policy, "what would you do differently? would you go to war?". Ryan had no answer, mumbling vaguely about the UN.

Incidentally, Ryan wanted to be called "Mr. Ryan", presumably to avoid the Congressman designation, but both Biden and Radditz ignored his request.

Just checked the CNN website. The online poll shows Biden won with 65 Percent and Ryan with 35. Their channel is reporting that they were neck and neck.

Back
Top Bottom