What's new

Vegetarians live longer, study says

dude,u dont need all that.

In Bihar,i know what rickshaw pullers eat,they just have sathu.Thats more than enough.

More than enough is a myth bro. Its more like the body making do with what it gets and generations evolving accordingly.

Place the kids of the rickshaw puller into a developed meat eating country and within a few generations (2-3 max looking at the Japanese and Chinese) you will see a statistically significant improvement in all physical metrics.

With prosperity and nutrition comes an improvement in health indices and physically larger individuals.

Industralized meat production is always inhumane..right from breeding to slaughter...Kobe beef being the notable exception.

It's hard to get anything perfect, and people will differ on what 'perfect' means anyway, but there are strict guidelines on how animals are treated while alive in captivity. They must have a certain amount of area per animal to move around, the slaughtering itself must be painless, etc.

Australia stopped live cattle export to various countries because activists had revealed how the animals were tortured before slaughter. Within Australia, certain abattoirs have been shut down, again because video evidence showed animal cruelty. Similar laws apply in most developed countries.

More than enough is a myth bro. Its more like the body making do with what it gets and generations evolving accordingly.

Place the kids of the rickshaw puller into a developed meat eating country and within a few generations (2-3 max looking at the Japanese and Chinese) you will see a statistically significant improvement in all physical metrics.

With prosperity and nutrition comes an improvement in health indices and physically larger individuals.

Then why Bangladeshis who are predominantly meat eatrs is of shorter stature. Then there are the Gurkhas who eat mutton and the east asians who eat great quantities of pork.

It's hard to get anything perfect, and people will differ on what 'perfect' means anyway, but there are strict guidelines on how animals are treated while alive in captivity. They must have a certain amount of area per animal to move around, the slaughtering itself must be painless, etc.

Australia stopped live cattle export to various countries because activists had revealed how the animals were tortured before slaughter. Within Australia, certain abattoirs have been shut down, again because video evidence showed animal cruelty. Similar laws apply in most developed countries.

I saw a documentary about meat industry some time ago. Many of the things shown in them are outright disguisting and inhumane.....like plucking the balls out of male piglets, putting unhealthy chicks to a meat grinder, torturing the cow/bull before its slaughtered, inhumane treatment of chickens who are genetically modofied to grow larger breasts..so large that their legs cannot support them etc etc. Not to mention are the large feedlocks in which the cow/bull stands in knee deep of its own pooh while it gets fattened up with artifical cattle feed. So I don't think we get anything right in industralized meat production.

As for Australia is it not true that majority of the sheep sacrificed in Mecca during Bakrid comes from Australian farms.

I saw a documentary about meat industry some time ago. Many of the things shown in them are outright disguisting and inhumane.....like plucking the balls out of male piglets, putting unhealthy chicks to a meat grinder, torturing the cow/bull before its slaughtered, inhumane treatment of chickens who are genetically modofied to grow larger breasts..so large that their legs cannot support them etc etc. Not to mention are the large feedlocks in which the cow/bull stands in knee deep of its own pooh while it gets fattened up with artifical cattle feed. So I don't think we get anything right in industralized meat production.

I don't doubt that these things happen but, as far as I know, they are illegal in most developed countries including Australia. When such abuses are documented, the facility is shut down.

On some things, consumers have a level of choice to support different methods, although none of them cruel. For example, consumers can buys eggs from chickens which are either caged, barn laid, or free range, in order of increasing price. However, even the caged chickens must have a minimum space to move about.

As for Australia is it not true that majority of the sheep sacrificed in Mecca during Bakrid comes from Australian farms.

The abuse of exported Australian cattle was documented in several countries, including some in the Middle East. I don't remember if KSA was one of them. Right now there is pressure to ban live export altogether because it's hard to control how other countries treat the animals before slaughter.

I don't doubt that these things happen but, as far as I know, they are illegal in most developed countries including Australia. When such abuses are documented, the facility is shut down.

I think the name of the documentary is Food Inc and one of the companies mentioned is Tyson...which is one of the biggest MNCs in the world. They grow genetically modified chicken in dark rooms so as to disturb their biological clock and make them grow faster.

The abuse of exported Australian cattle was documented in several countries, including some in the Middle East. I don't remember if KSA was one of them. Right now there is pressure to ban live export altogether because it's hard to control how other countries treat the animals before slaughter.

I don' think thats going to work when Aussie sheep farmers get large revenue from exporing live sheeps for slaughter in ME.

Eh?

what physical metrics?

Do you know what these bihari rickshaw pullers work like,do you think they are weaklings?

In Chennai,in the leather tanneries and the foundries where the temperature is very high and they have solid physical strength and mental strength.

dont have an inferiority complex,do physical labour first,worry about food later.

Most Jatt-Sikhs of Punjab the ones toil in the farm and in the army in cold weather are vegetarians,

People are vegetarian in the high mountains of himachal and uttaranchal,himmat haarne waalon ko koi ni bacha sakta.

Then why Bangladeshis who are predominantly meat eatrs is of shorter stature. Then there are the Gurkhas who eat mutton and the east asians who eat great quantities of pork.

Its always relative to race and genes.

Bangladeshis eating just ghaas phoos would be even smaller.

Eh?

what physical metrics?

Do you know what these bihari rickshaw pullers work like,do you think they are weaklings?

In Chennai,in the leather tanneries and the foundries where the temperature is very high and they have solid physical strength and mental strength.

dont have an inferiority complex,do physical labour first,worry about food later.

Most Jatt-Sikhs of Punjab the ones toil in the farm and in the army in cold weather are vegetarians,

People are vegetarian in the high mountains of himachal and uttaranchal,himmat haarne waalon ko koi ni bacha sakta.

I am well aware of how hard rickshaw pullers work. Or the hardy tribes in the mountains. Size and strength are not the same thing. Neither is what is ideal and what one has to do with and work around.

Give the same folks you refer to a healthy diet of animal protein and see the difference.

I have been a vegetarian all my life. cant think of eating meat and since i have nt tried i dont miss it.
my granparents on both sides lived long enough ranging from 94 to 86. And they died of old age and not of any disease.
i dont think there is one answer to this but i intend being this way.

vegetarians live longer....then wtf do we have life expectancy of 56year even though we have many vegetarians

Back
Top Bottom