What's new

US Tries to Stifle Chinese Space Advances

Mech.

When the Indian space program can use its own cyro engines, and sensors then we can talk about comparing it to the Chinese space program okay?

Its a bit weak when you compare a completely independent program to one that needs imports to function.

This year China will have 21 launches, more than India's entire history of space launches.

lol, whatever helps you sleep better i suppose :P. I never claimed parity between india and china, i was focusing more on the lessening disparity. Indian space program will recieve its technological boost now that united states is in the picture.

Like it or not , we are catching up with a lil bit of push from uncle sam.

Well, the US, as of late has worked to lift all sanctions it placed on the indian space program - ISRO. Recent months have seen the United states lifting all the restrictions it placed on the exchange of key advanced technologies to India. The indian space program is actually quite comparable to the chinese one. We have a mature industry and a great amount of international exposure. The only thing we are left to do is completing a manned mission.

No space race is possible between china and the US due to the huge gap between the two. However, the next space race will be between india and china due to smaller gap and greater economic clout. The united states has apparantly decided to pit the ISRO against the chinese establishment by injecting key advanced technologies into it. Recent developments in space cooperation leads me to believe India will no longer play the 'catch up' game.

The US will never transfer key rocket technologies to India because of its dual military use.
Please don't delude yourself.

lol, whatever helps you sleep better i suppose :P. I never claimed parity between india and china, i was focusing more on the lessening disparity. Indian space program will recieve its technological boost now that united states is in the picture.

Like it or not , we are catching up with a lil bit of push from uncle sam.

Its not what makes me sleep better, but it should bring you back to this planet. Parity between India and China cannot be reached until after India can do everything on its own. Relying on others in a space program is less than safe.

Uncle SAM doesn't give anything completely and never for free.

I wont if you wouldn't ;)

We live in America. We know.
The US Congress will never transfer strategic arms technology to a non-Anglo-Saxon, Judeo-Christian nation.
It will never pass the Republicans, no matter how powerful the Jewish lobby is in supporting India. Nuclear fuel is one thing, ICBM tech is quite another.

Assumptions and genaralisations. 'Shouldn't, couldn't, wouldn't' etc etc etc ; does not matter to me much.

I think you should wait it out. It is only recently that we had our sanctions removed. While china pleads for the removal of sanctions and embargoes, the US proactively injects tech and resources into the indian initiative.

Assumptions and genaralisations. 'Shouldn't, couldn't, wouldn't' etc etc etc ; does not matter to me much.

I think you should wait it out. It is only recently that we had our sanctions removed. While china pleads for the removal of sanctions and embargoes, the US proactively injects tech and resources into the indian initiative.

One day you'll wish you had those sanctions. Its what forced China into making everything instead of relying on others like India does today. Greatness is what you create, not what others have to give you.

There are no shortcuts, and free things in life.

China is pleading for sanction to be removed to Make Money on launching service like the 1990s. It's not to transfer tech, because the US would never give strategic arms technology away.

You are living a pipe dream devoid of reality.

When the Indian space program can use its own cyro engines, and sensors then we can talk about comparing it to the Chinese space program okay?
Superiority complex BS, much?
Its a bit weak when you compare a completely independent program to one that needs imports to function.
Thats stretching it a bit too far, aint it? Most, almost all of the Chinese designs are derivatives of ex-Soviet designs. Enuff said. Even the much vaunted Shenzhou craft resembles the Soyuz spacecraft, though its much larger and got its own propulsion system - a definite improvement. So much for an independent program!

Bottom line, first it was the Soviets, and then the Russians - rather the chaotic Russia of the 90's which 'provided' much of the technologies. Contrast that with Indian spacecraft designs.
This year China will have 21 launches, more than India's entire history of space launches.
Good for you! Yayyyyy!!

One day you'll wish you had those sanctions. Its what forced China into making everything instead of relying on others like India does today. Greatness is what you create, not what others have to give you.

There are no shortcuts, and free things in life.

well, we had our fair share of sanctions ourselves. Too much of a good thing is bad for you. During this period, we devceloped our intellectual base and advanced facilities. I think its time we graduated now.

Good luck with college china! Indians are off to work now....thanks.

We live in America. We know.
The US Congress will never transfer strategic arms technology to a non-Anglo-Saxon, Judeo-Christian nation.
It will never pass the Republicans, no matter how powerful the Jewish lobby is in supporting India. Nuclear fuel is one thing, ICBM tech is quite another.

Another Chinese racist. "Anglo-Saxon" ?? Do you realize how small the "Anglo-Saxon" population of the USA is??? The US would easily transfer space and ICBM technology to India if India were willing to be a true ally of the USA. India has always hedged its bets and reveled in being "non-aligned". If India ever decided to befriend the USA, then the USA would treat India the same way it treats its NATO allies.

India spacecraft design is a PowerPoint slide. Big Deal.
I'm more impressed by the Star Wars movie from 1977.

Another Chinese racist. "Anglo-Saxon" ?? Do you realize how small the "Anglo-Saxon" population of the USA is??? The US would easily transfer space and ICBM technology to India if India were willing to be a true ally of the USA. India has always hedged its bets and reveled in being "non-aligned". If India ever decided to befriend the USA, then the USA would treat India the same way it treats its NATO allies.

Racism is the best you could come up with? How about you find a case that does not match that rule.

India spacecraft design is a PowerPoint slide. Big Deal.
I'm more impressed by the Star Wars movie from 1977.

Excellent! There's a word to describe inability to differentiate fact from fiction, reality from make-believe. Delusional.

Back
Top Bottom