What's new

US Surpasses Russia To Become Largest Oil, Natural Gas Producer, Energy-Dep

Lol, fail enough

I literally ROFL when I saw his remark about the ANZUS pact worth less than the paper it signed on

That one was gold......may be that's how treaty was done in Russia, it ain't like that in the west

And yes, this I'd how US rolled, the first consume other country's resource and then they will resell it back when the time is right
Last I heard, the federal food reserve is enough to feed the whole nation for 6 months, that is a way we guarantee that we will never run out of food and fuel in the first place

Btw did you went to the international fleet review

I wanted to, but I've been swamped with assignments and tests, and therefore wasn't able to spare the time. How was it? Got any pictures? :)

It does not mean anything. The countries of Eastern Europe were dependent on the Soviet Union completely. Nevertheless, they survived the collapse of the USSR. And you will experience a collapse States. While a few years will be difficult - the standard of living will decline.
But in the end you will win, because Britain will regain part of the power, lost after WW2. Just like all the other European countries.
We will have to look for new forms of cooperation. Towards a single humanity can only come after a multi-polar world, but not after a unipolar.

I would love to see an unified humanity. But I don't see it happening without a major catalyst. Therefore I don't see the USA losing its top dog status for the foreseeable future.

I wanted to, but I've been swamped with assignments and tests, and therefore wasn't able to spare the time. How was it? Got any pictures? :)

Yeah, I got some picture

I got on most of the ship that were opened for public and even got an unauthorised video from the war room in HMS Daring, which i will show it to all youse later ad I am writing an article about alongside with the history and direction of RAN

On the other hand, my feet hurt with 7 hours of constant walking and standing...

Gosh, it must be what it feel like on getting old

I would love to see an unified humanity. But I don't see it happening without a major catalyst. Therefore I don't see the USA losing its top dog status for the foreseeable future.

No one could say in 1988 that the Soviet Union collapse. And yet it happened. But looking back, we can say that for the future collapse there were the reasons. USSR ceased to be the Soviet Union, in which we were born and to which people believed.
USA also ceased to be the ones the United States, in which people believed.

Yeah, I got some picture

I got on most of the ship that were opened for public and even got an unauthorised video from the war room in HMS Daring, which i will show it to all youse later ad I am writing an article about alongside with the history and direction of RAN

On the other hand, my feet hurt with 7 hours of constant walking and standing...

Hose, it must be what it feel like on getting old

Sounds awesome, don't forget to tag me in the post when you make it :)

Tsk tsk, a former soldier complaining about too much walking? Letting yourself go a bit, hey? Nah all good, my calves start aching after 6 hours of standing still and I'm only 20.

No one could say in 1988 that the Soviet Union collapse. And yet it happened. But looking back, we can say that for the future collapse there were the reasons. USSR ceased to be the Soviet Union, in which we were born and to which people believed.
USA also ceased to be the ones the United States, in which people believed.

Okay mate, you raise some good points. But I just don't see it happening, there's simply no evidence. We can only wait and see.

It matters little. I am grateful to the United States for giving me education, at the very least, but its foreign policy and hegemony is truly disgusting. All the oil in the world cannot change that.

The problem with the increase in US oil and gas production is that more and more of it comes from shale exploration. As the article states most of the production increases comes from "unconventional sources". There are 2 problems with shale exploration.

One is that its polluting the ground water in the US at a record pase in those parts of the country that shale exploration occurs. West Texas has now literally run out of water because of shale gas production.

The second problem is that (current) fracking technology use more energy to extract the gas then what they can get out of the ground. On top of the energy use of shale gas production there is the issue of the production rate of these shale rigs. They only last 12 to 18 months and produce only a fraction what a conventional gas rig produces that can last between 20 to 30 years. After the well runs dry they will have to abandon the rig and set up a new well somewhere else and pay someone else another six figure sum to frack on their land. In other words shale production is enormously capital intensive many times more than conventional energy production. The entire shale gas industry in the US is run on credits while in reality there is very little to no profits to be made. Its no coincidence that the shale industry in the US started to take off from 2008 onwards. That's when the interest rate was dropped to zero. In my view the shale gas industry in the US is like the Dotcom Bubble from the 1990's. A result of misallocation of capital and resources due to artificial stimulus of the economy. There is a diffrence between what people can get out of the ground on a technical level to what they can get out of the ground commercially that enables people to make a profit from it. The latter isn't happening now. When interest rate rises in the US then you will see shale production collapse as the companies involved goes bankrupt. Things may change in the future either because of technology has improved remarkably from now or gas and oil prices shoot through the roof.

Back
Top Bottom