What's new

US supports TAPI but not Pak-Iran gas pipeline: Richard Olson

i think Pakistan is going down from all side .........is direct panga with USA .........sanctions will kill Pakistan .

Read the interview of Kanwal Sibbal on IDR, Pakistan has already faced US sanctions twice, do you remember Prseler amendment and Post Chagai sanctions. In my view US would not risk to sanction Pakistan as global order has already shifted significantly in the 21st century.

They say TAP is cheap gas!

IMO, Pakistan shall use this opportunity to pull US into this gas deal.

Otherwise... pipe line pipe line hoti hay TAP ho ya IP..

Please, do not add I in the end.. because we are working for it not Indians, we risk sanctions not Indians.

u may not like it but the deal is already signed and im sure pretty sure this is going to happen and not with out india as we hold stake in the fields
TAPI project will be the new Silk Route, says Deora - The Hindu
https://www.cimicweb.org/Documents/CFC AFG Social Well-being Archive/CFC_Afghanistan_TAPI_Feb12.pdf
Govt clears cash route for TAPI pipeline
TAPI pipeline gas sale agreement signed - The Hindu

It would be foolish for us to ignore what USA thinks or supports, since it is always wise to keep an eye on the influential players on the global stage. Once the pipeline is built, if and when it is, then we will have to deal with the US response, and therefore we would do well to keep in mind what USA thinks or supports.

Why not simply cut all relations with the U.S. like Iran? China and Russia are more than enough for Pakistan. We will miss Chavez, brave men like him are extremely rare.

USA cannot poke with us at this time.. you get such window of opportunity once in 50 years span. If USA sanctions Pakistan at this time, they are gona loose whatever they have left in Afghanistan and that is still hell a lot.

Why not simply cut all relations with the U.S. like Iran? China and Russia are more than enough for Pakistan. We will miss Chavez, brave men like him are extremely rare.

Cutting off all relations with USA is certainly one course of action. Why not? After all, just how bad a collapse of the economy would be given that it is already on its knees.

What I can tell people for sure , is that the US cant sanction Pakistan , it is no position to do so ... The world and specially the Americans will need Pakistan for a long time to come even after they withdraw and abandon Afghanistan ... Besides , we always have the Beijing card in UNSC to use , how exactly are sanctions going through then ?

“We will help Pakistan to complete Gomal Zam and Sadpara dams,” he said and added that the US wanted the Pakistanis to spend a better life.

Did the Ambassador mention when ? :azn: Or was it just a hollow promise like the other ones ?

but the deal is already signed and im sure pretty sure this is going to happen

Atleast bother to check the dates before posting the links and research things considering the present situation ! How exactly are we pursuing the TAPI in any way ?

That is the case, Since Pakistan supported WOT, US has failed to add anything significant in the development of Pakistan, especially in energy sector.Though i still doubt about the completion of IP pipeline as scheduled.

Pakistan is the only country who has broken the backbone of Al Qaeda with 82 arrests of their top leaders.

i dont think we can rely on indian sources.

To hell with the US. We want Pakistan to develop & the only way Pakistan can develop is without US influence.

No more US, Pak Army is very tired of US foolishness & madness, they want US to leave the region ASAP & they don't want US interfering in Pakistan's internal matters at all.

Please be practical and prudent. Your country is accepting 1.5 billion from USA every year.
Once you make it stop, you can be the King.
Until then.....

What americans did for pakistan in last ten years.They did nuclear agreement with india,but failed to do the same with pakistan.At last i tell dnt interfere in our politics

US wont be able to ship it tanks and trucks out of afghanistan via port Qasim,Pakistan...if it puts sanctions....sanctions would mean no transport of containers.....all this pressure is from israel....american senators and politicans are just employees of israel...they get gifts in millions of dollars when elections come and yet they dont send their children in american army.....not a single american politican's child is serving in US army......watch that documentary from that fat american movie director....i am missing his name...farenhiet something........

Back
Top Bottom