What's new

US supports India's constructive role in Afghanistan

first of all,sino-china war is on 1962..then there were multiple skirmishes in 1967 and in 1987.search google for "Chola incident" and "Nathu-la incident" and you'll find all the info.

The Sino-Indian War (Hindi: भारत-चीन युद्ध Bhārat-Chīn Yuddh), also known as the Sino-Indian Border Conflict (simplified Chinese: 中印边境战争; traditional Chinese: 中印邊境戰爭; pinyin: Zhōng-Yìn Biānjìng Zhànz, was a war between China and India that occurred in 1962. A disputed Himalayan border was the main pretext for war, but other issues played a role. There had been a series of violent border incidents after the 1959 Tibetan uprising, when India had granted asylum to the Dalai Lama. India initiated a Forward Policy in which it placed outposts along the border, including several north of the McMahon Line, the eastern portion of a Line of Actual Control proclaimed by Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai in 1959.

directly copied from: Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (main pillar of china-india conflict)

Another thread ruined and derailed in just 2 pages.

Quality of forum going down.

:rolleyes:

Look Who is talking :D

The person who in another thread about Shia killings bringing 70,000 Kashmiri killings in just the 4th post.

Dude Change starts from YOU (in general) :)

That is a given. But remember this; back in the days, India had a close relationship with USSR-however even that relationship had its 'red-lines'. Same for the USA; however close they may want to get-there will be 'red-lines'. Probably you're not following developments closely, else you'd have not overlooked this.
Agreed. But for US, nothing matters. May be because the other nations were not that size of India. In case of India, one can't simply go against 1.2 billion people especially if the most significant immigrant population in US is of Indians. They have to keep these things in mind too. Indian lobby's influence has increased in US.

Its time we should use for human resources in our country and present in other countries. For that we need to make things easier and attractive for NRIs.

:rolleyes:
Look Who is talking :DThe person who in another thread about Shia killings bringing 70,000 Kashmiri killings in just the 4th post.Dude Change starts from YOU (in general) :)
Hope you understand the word Context. Well leave it. It seems you have problem with my posts, deleting for your only. :enjoy:

BTW while you talk about change starts from you, may be don't bring Afzal guru case in Shia killing case. :D

Hope you understand the word Context. Well leave it. It seems you have problem with my posts, deleting for your only. :enjoy:

:no:

It's just fun to TROLL you :D

BTW while you talk about change starts from you, may be don't bring Afzal guru case in Shia killing case. :D

Thats not called TROLLING if you don't understand, thats called showing REALITY, but forget it, whom am i explaining to?? I don't think Snakes have BRAINS :D

@KRAIT, don't know why i brought it here, but i think it suits the relationship b/w us :D

"You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sino-Indian War (Hindi: भारत-चीन युद्ध Bhārat-Chīn Yuddh), also known as the Sino-Indian Border Conflict (simplified Chinese: 中印边境战争; traditional Chinese: 中印邊境戰爭; pinyin: Zhōng-Yìn Biānjìng Zhànz, was a war between China and India that occurred in 1962. A disputed Himalayan border was the main pretext for war, but other issues played a role. There had been a series of violent border incidents after the 1959 Tibetan uprising, when India had granted asylum to the Dalai Lama. India initiated a Forward Policy in which it placed outposts along the border, including several north of the McMahon Line, the eastern portion of a Line of Actual Control proclaimed by Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai in 1959.

directly copied from: Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (main pillar of china-india conflict)

whats the point of posting??i know it..i told you to search about other sino-Indian skirmishes..

whats the point of posting??i know it..i told you to search about other sino-Indian skirmishes..

i posted it because i wanted to show what was point of view from china, they saw it a threat when india provided asylum to the Dalai lama. :)

Agreed. But for US, nothing matters. May be because the other nations were not that size of India. In case of India, one can't simply go against 1.2 billion people especially if the most significant immigrant population in US is of Indians. They have to keep these things in mind too. Indian lobby's influence has increased in US.

Its time we should use for human resources in our country and present in other countries. For that we need to make things easier and attractive for NRIs.

@KRAIT. There is little to worry about wrt the trajectory of Indo-US relations. India has never been a small player; not even in the days when India was a weak (economically) player. Then again India has always had a constituency of support in USA-right from the days of F.D. Roosevelt (and there was no Indian diaspora in US then); read up and you will find out what role he had in getting the British to vacate India.

India was able to stand up to American guiles and wiles even during the Cold War. India was most vulnerable post 1962 but JFK was a visionary who knew how much to assist and when to stop pressurising India at that time. Plus the world image of India was sufficiently strong enough to see through that period. The 1970s was the period when India (thanks to Indira Gandhi) could literally 'thumb its nose' at the POTUS and get away with it. Why was that possible? Inspite of India being in economic shambles! Again the lasting image of India in world affairs and the constant constituency of support within the US Establishment.

So remember: these two factors have been an enduring constant throughout in Indo-US relations.

Nothing has changed out of those two features; except that the changes have been only been to India's advantage. India's growing economic clout and a more assertive and powerful Indian presence within USA. These are the new force-multipliers.

India can simply afford to chart out its own course in International Affairs; more than ever before.

@arp2041 This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Chal be I also remember Dark Knight dialogues. :enjoy:

@Capt.Popeye Thanks for this post. I have little knowledge about Cold War Indian Foreign Policy vis-a-vis US.

i posted it because i wanted to show what was point of view from china, they saw it a threat when india provided asylum to the Dalai lama. :)

ROFL...its true..whenever you will capture an independent country,first thing you will want is killing its head,that makes sense..anyway,I hear this kind discussion long enough.i would not post this if i were you.for the reason,search for those topics i gave you.at that time,dalai lama was not in india,main reason is encroaching "Foreign Land" as much as possible.and this mentality continues still now.for eg.SCS debate..

the constructive role for afghanistan is being played by every sane country involved throughout the world be it India ,china,nato,russia etc.
its in everyones interest to ensure afghanistan again doesnt become a terrorist generating factory for doing that the economic integration of afghanistan is one of many contuning efforts that the regional countries are doing
India being a freindly nation will continue to work with afghanistan for benifit of ppl of both nations.

@arp2041 This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Chal be I also remember Dark Knight dialogues. :enjoy:

@Capt.Popeye Thanks for this post. I have little knowledge about Cold War Indian Foreign Policy vis-a-vis US.

lets make nato type organization :D

ROFL...its true..whenever you will capture an independent country,first thing you will want is killing its head,that makes sense..anyway,I hear this kind discussion long enough.i would not post this if i were you.for the reason,search for those topics i gave you.at that time,dalai lama was not in india,main reason is encroaching "Foreign Land" as much as possible.and this mentality continues still now.for eg.SCS debate..

i am not talking in favor to china, i am talking from neutral position. you went to save people, they saw threat from you , so they engaged with you :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom