What's new

US Stealth UAV RQ-170 downed in IRAN

all big lie.
1-why should they let drone fly over Iran or even Afganitan with lack of fuel? is not it stupid managing for a ADVANCED military to fly drone with lack of fuel?
2-why they should fly a done with self direct landing to NEAREST and SAFE airbron while it is flying over enemy's land?

But I understand you. you have a really bad time and it is hard to admit for you about this BIG loss

Actually they are very embarrassed by this new Iranian technology never heard before outside of science fiction, hacking a drone. So that is why you see strange explanation, like drone was low on fuel and then it landed safely on an Iranian air field. The whole point of having a drone is for it to be destroyed without minimal loss. Even if such a mission is a manned one, the pilot would make sure that the aircraft is destroyed completely and not fall into enemy hands specially if its such a secret plane. It is a folly and pure idiocy to think that mission planners for this super secret drone had programmed it to land on an air field inside Iran if it runs out of fuel.

They would have rather programmed it to crash in a diving flight or activate self destruct mechanisms of the drone if such a thing ever happens inside hostile territory. But no, as per gambit, mission planners had loaded a set of Iranian air fields as diversion landing zones in case the plane was in any slightest trouble. As if it was an airliner and the lives of hundreds of people were in danger. The only way to explain this is that, Iranian had modified landing instruction for the drone via a virus and then jammed the drone communication system after detecting it on radar. The drone probably had become a rogue drone months before and when it got near Iranian border and Iranians signaled it via jamming, it defected in perfect condition. US probably did not know what happened and they assumed it has crashed somewhere into pieces. Until Iranians announced it and US got surprised.

I suspect the drone would make an emergency landing if the fuel runs low. Maybe the Iranians got a few hits at the fuel tanks, causing massive leakage.

It seems unlikely that anyone could crack military grade encryption, let alone reverse-engineer the communications protocol.

P.S. Mythbusters had an episode where they showed that firing bullets into a gas tank does NOT cause it to explode. Not sure about aviation grade fuel, though.

Strangely the news from USA are sometimes contradictory: for exemple just after i read on american virtual embassy comment that it is not true (virtual embassy comment that was visible in many iranian websites) ... just after it i read american newspapers that they are sure the drones was lost.
i would only have doubts 50-50 about one matter , that maybe explains why it is so hard to give some info: this drone was for Iran or for Afghanistan?

US started lying from the start. As you said at first even they denied it. This is how it went:

Timeline of US responses to Iranian claim of having downed RQ-170 intact:

1- We have not lost any drone
2- A drone is missing and we are looking for its status
3- Drone was flying in Afghanistan and we lost contact with it last week
4- Drone was not downed by Iranians
5- Drone is in Iran but it is useless since it is in small pieces
6- Drone is in Iran and is intact
7- Drone got lost and its smart autopilot landed it safely in Iran
8- :bad:

I suspect the drone would make an emergency landing if the fuel runs low. Maybe the Iranians got a few hits at the fuel tanks, causing massive leakage.

It seems unlikely that anyone could crack military grade encryption, let alone reverse-engineer the communications protocol.

Iran never said they shot it, they said they hacked it and caused it to land, how do we know?
well think about it, it the UAV landed in Iran due to shortage of fuel, then how did the Iranian know where it was and came and got it? they must had been the ones to being it down.

I see, so this will help them in their manned planes too right?
I doubt it. These drones are for long duration and range missions and how to design such an airframe is already known.

this gives Iran a edge over other countries in the region, very soon we will have israel and saudis asking to get the RQ-170 from us.
Not all and not the same degree and only if Iran truly dedicated a program for rapid development. In contesting regional superiority, not supremacy, the goal is to see opportunities and exploit them for as long as possible and sometimes that contest can be very specific. For now, the only contest Iran has is against Iraq, not US. The most immediate opportunity is Iraq, not Saudi Arabia, not Turkey, and not even Afghanistan. Against Iraq, the Iraqi Air Force looks like the weakest among the other branches. So if an aviation related opportunity is opened, by hook or by crook, it would be foolish if Iran does nothing.

Iran never said they shot it, they said they hacked it and caused it to land, how do we know?
well think about it, it the UAV landed in Iran due to shortage of fuel, then how did the Iranian know where it was and came and got it? they must had been the ones to being it down.

Yes, they shot at the fuel tanks and tracked it as it went for an emergency landing. I don't think they hacked into the communications -- the encryption levels are extremely high -- unless they got the decryption keys through espionage.

RQ-170, the robot that defected as per gambit,

The first robot that stood up and said enough is enough, no more killings.

The robot that became peaceful on its own defecting to opposing forces;

Going from Sentential:

300px-RQ-170_Wiki_contributor_3Dartist.png

To become WALL-E with a big heart and offering a handshake with opposing forces (with a small help from an Iranian wireless remote control, ofcourse):

robot.-uprising.jpg

Yes, they shot at the fuel tanks and tracked it as it went for an emergency landing. I don't think they hacked into the communications -- the encryption levels are extremely high -- unless they got the decryption keys through espionage.

How can you be this naive?
does Iran know where its fuel tank is?
so they shot the uav at possible 50,000 feet and accurately hit its fuel tank?

Iran said a while back they have the technology to do this, its not like they are saying it now.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

RQ-170, the robot that defected as per gambit,

The first robot that stood up and said enough is enough, no more killings.

The robot that became peaceful on its own defecting to opposing forces;

Going from Sentential:

300px-RQ-170_Wiki_contributor_3Dartist.png

To become WALL-E with a big heart and offering a handshake with opposing forces (with a small help from an Iranian wireless remote ofcourse):

robot.-uprising.jpg

My friend what is this? please stick to the topic, your only going to cause arguments..

How can you be this naive?
does Iran know where its fuel tank is?
so they shot the uav at possible 50,000 feet and accurately hit its fuel tank?

So you think that cracking military grade encryption is more believable than hitting an unarmed drone with bullets, possibly from another aircraft, or when it was flying at lower altitude?

'nuff said.

So you think that cracking military grade encryption is more believable than hitting an unarmed drone with bullets, possibly from another aircraft, or when it was flying at lower altitude?

'nuff said.

How do you know Iran does not have ability? if Iran hit its fuel tank do you seriously think it would not blow up?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

There is possibility that Iranian jets downed the US drone
then it would had been blown to pieces, usa has confirmed Iran had it in quite one piece.

How do you know Iran does not have ability? if Iran hit its fuel tank do you seriously think it would not blow up?

Because cracking encryption keys is very, very, very hard. Even a supercomputer would take centuries; the stronger codes would take longer than the age of the universe.

And I already mentioned that, contrary to the movies, fuel tanks do not explode when hit by bullets.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

then it would had been blown to pieces, usa has confirmed Iran had it in quite one piece.
What we know for sure is that Iran has a US drone in its hands, both confirmed by Iran and US. We do not know if the drone has been damaged badly or is in good condition. Iran will soon release footage, we will see

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom