What's new

US Special Operations Gets Hummingbird UAV (Helicopter Drone)

Thanks. I know.

BTW, the photo that you have produced above is of a fully laden MOCK-UP made most likely out of balsa wood and tin at an airshow! Not even real at this stage!

Really? Looks pretty neat. The Hummingbirds I saw demonstrated on the TV show were white and carried the radar pod underneath. No missiles!

Really? Looks pretty neat. The Hummingbirds I saw demonstrated on the TV show were white and carried the radar pod underneath. No missiles!

That is correct. Boeing is extensively testing the ''white'' prototype platform with various payloads such as the SAR, FLIR with target acquisition etc to achieve payload maturity on the prototypes! They have however used mock-up's of the Hellfires to imitate drag and load features of such weapons on long endurance flights. It is indeed a very promising platform in its size.

FYI, the only VTOL UAV currently in military service & which as also been weaponised and tested in actually the Schiebel Camcopter S-100 (Schiebel) which was tested by our Navy earlier this year. You should be able to find a posting in the Naval section or on Schiebel website! Happy Reading!

My whole post that you quoted was just joking with my naive friend Raheel1. Of course there are no "stealth" UAV's. Stealth technology would be too expensive to use instead of simply making more copies of, and expending, cheaper "non-stealth" UAV's. Lighten up!

did you open this thread just to tease me??? lol....am i that important...

kidding mate...:woot:

Gee, I thought you guys at the PDF would be intereserted in the newest American drone coming your way. Not so? No comments? Surely the Pak AF can shoot down a stationary drone like the Hummingbird. Right?

i think i saw this thing in the "Future Weapons", discovery, i think, US gov should now concentrate more on handling worsening situation of ur economy!!!, unemployment going bad day by day

i think, US gov should now concentrate more on handling worsening situation of ur economy!!!, unemployment going bad day by day

Well, U-571, working on advanced weapons systems DOES help our economy. Such projects employ scientists and engineers and lead to the development of new technologies that spin off into the civilian sector as well. Also, having the most advanced systems gives us something to sell to our friends, like Pakistan and Israel.

did you open this thread just to tease me??? lol....am i that important...

raheel1, you ARE that important!! You are THE most important poster here (after Kharian Beast and U-571, of course). I opened the thread because I thought the helicopter style drone was very interesting and has the potential of being a very neat anti-insurgency weapon in the future. Epool seems to know a lot about UAV's --- more than I!

raheel1, you ARE that important!! You are THE most important poster here (after Kharian Beast and U-571, of course). I opened the thread because I thought the helicopter style drone was very interesting and has the potential of being a very neat anti-insurgency weapon in the future. Epool seems to know a lot about UAV's --- more than I!

Well thankyou very much sir..for your appreciation...lol i think i do not deserve it..:oops:

The helicopter Drone DOES look pretty deadly. However, i don't know how much reliable it would be in terms of Operations. Conventional drones have the ability to rely on speed to carry out their mission and leave the target area fast!

As for these kind, i wonder how they'll be able to carry out their missions since they are definitely going to be slow in speed compared to the Predator etc. Therefore, making them an easy target for the enemy.

sir TS gets very hot tempered every tym, when he sees his thread "peace" being sabotaged!!! by "off topic" discussions, LOL!!

please ask his forgiveness raheel123

the future weapons show how much lavishly, US is throwing money for its defense needs

All I can say it "For every measure there is a counter measure." So most likely if Pakistan dosen't want these things flying around destroying targets, they perhaps could shoot them down. On the other hand some of these aircraft could be steath as far as radar is concerned. However they still able to be seen with the eye.

the future weapons show how much lavishly, US is throwing money for its defense needs

Mr. Sunken Submarine, Sir! How can you say this when your "signature at the bottom of all your posts is: "winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing!" That's the motto of our weapons spending, too!

Back
Top Bottom