What's new

US Politics

download7.png

Jeb Bush: 'Donald Trump is a jerk'

By Ashley Killough, CNN
December 19, 2015

Contoocook, New Hampshire (CNN)While Jeb Bush has been railing against Donald Trump all week, he still had more to say on Saturday, uttering perhaps his strongest comments yet about the Republican presidential front-runner.

"Just one other thing -- I gotta get this off my chest -- Donald Trump is a jerk," Bush said to laughter and applause at his town hall here.

The outburst came after a man who said he had Asperger's Syndrome asked the former Florida governor how he would help people with disabilities as president.

Bush talked about the work he did in Florida with the state legislature to obtain more money for the state's disability system. Just when it appeared he was done with his answer, Bush started his rant against his GOP rival.

"You cannot insult your way to the presidency," he said, reiterating an attack line he's been firing at Trump. "You can't disparage women, Hispanics, disabled people. Who is he kidding?"

Trump took on widespread criticism when he appeared to mock a New York Times reporter with a disability last month, though Trump denied he was doing so.

Opinion: Finally, Bush fights back at Trump

The two candidates have been sparring all week after Bush started executing a new strategy of directly confronting Trump at the CNN debate in Las Vegas on Tuesday. They continued taking shots throughout the week, with Trump calling Bush "dumb as a rock" on Twitter Friday.

Continuing to dig in, Bush said Saturday it's "deeply discouraging" that Trump is "actually running for president and insulting people."

"We should reject that out of hand. And I hope you're going to reject it by voting for me," he told the audience. "But a guy like that should not be the front-running candidate of our great party. That is not how we win."

After more applause, Bush added: "I feel better now. I gave myself therapy there. Thank you for allowing me to do it."

Will Jeb Bush's fight with Donald Trump pay off?

Bush's jab comes the same day that the super PAC supporting his White House bid, Right to Rise, released a new TV ad hitting Trump.

Clinton goes for the jugular after data breach

The front-runner prepped for a policy discussion, but after the data breach, she’s ready for a different kind of debate.

ByAnnie Karni....Read more

GOP gobsmacked by Trump's warm embrace of Putin

'Donald Trump is like that stray dog anybody can pet and it will follow you home,' a former Romney aide says.

By Benjamin Oreskes.....Read more

B9320159696Z.1_20151217161108_000_G69CT5VL5.1-0.jpg

Will the GOP Mount a Third-Party Challenge to Trump?

Experts—and history—suggest it's an increasingly plausible scenario. And could end in disaster.

By Jeff Greenfield
December 20, 2015

Donald Trump may have eased some Republican fears Tuesday night when he declared his intention to stay inside the party. But if their angst has been temporarily eased at the prospect of what he would do if he loses, they still face a far more troubling, and increasingly plausible, question.

What happens to the party if he wins?

With Donald Trump as its standard-bearer, the GOP would suddenly be asked to rally around a candidate who has been called by his once and former primary foes “a cancer on conservatism”, “unhinged” “a drunk driver…helping the enemy.” A prominent conservative national security expert, Max Boot, has labeled him flatly “a fascist.” And the rhetoric is even stronger in private conversations I’ve had recently with Republicans of moderate and conservative stripes.

This is not the usual rhetoric of intra-party battles, the kind of thing that gets resolved in handshakes under the convention banners. These are stake-in-the-ground positions, strongly suggesting that a Trump nomination would create a fissure within the party as deep and indivisible as any in American political history, driven both by ideology and by questions of personal character.

Indeed, it would be a fissure so deep that, if the operatives I talked with are right, a Donald Trump running as a Republican could well face a third-party run—from the Republicans themselves.

That threat, in turn, would leave Republican candidates, contributors, and foot soldiers with painful choices. A look at the political landscape, the election rules, and the history of intra-party insurgencies all suggests that it could turn 2016, a year that offered Republicans a reasonable chance to win the White House and with it total control of the national political apparatus, into a disaster.

In Trump as nominee, the Republican Party would face a threat to unity on several fronts. His victory would represent a triumph of an insurgent movement, or impulse, within the party. Historically speaking, this is exactly the kind of intra-party victory that guarantees political civil war.

The most striking examples of party fissure in American politics have come when a party breaks with a long pattern of accommodating different factions, and moves decisively toward one side. It has happened with the Democrats twice, both over civil rights. The party had long embraced the cause of civil rights in the North, while welcoming segregationists—and white supremacists—from across the South. In 1948, the party’s embrace of a stronger civil rights plank led Southern delegations to walk out of the convention. That year, South Carolina Governor Strom Thurmond led a National States Rights Democratic Party—the “Dixiecrats” —that won four Southern states. Had President Truman not (barely) defeated Tom Dewey in Ohio and California, the Electoral College would have been deadlocked—and the choice thrown into the House of Representatives, with Southern segregationists holding the balance of power. Twenty years later, Alabama Gov. George Wallace led a similar anti-civil rights third party movement that won five Southern states. A relatively small shift of voters in California would have deadlocked that election and thrown it to the House of Representatives... Read more

CBS poll: Cruz still ahead in Iowa

Ted Cruz maintains a strong lead over Donald Trump in Iowa, according to the results of a poll released Sunday.

The Texas senator, in the CBS poll, grabbed the support of 40 percent of likely Republican caucus-goers in Iowa. Trump is at 31 percent, followed by Marco Rubio at 12 percent and Ben Carson at 6 percent. Every other GOP candidate receives 2 percent or less in the poll.... Read more

Hillary is the most likely to be the next president, and i'll vote for her.

Nightmare general election would be Trump vs Sanders.... Trump could possibly win that one.

Nightmare general election would be Trump vs Sanders.... Trump could possibly win that one.
I also support her, she is certainly the most qualified candidate, and it’s high time for us to elect a female president.

All I wish is trump to lose with large margin and republican to lose overall.

Trump will be the GOP candidate.
Demo certain that Hillary will get it.
Dynasty politics in USA?

View attachment 280828

Will the GOP Mount a Third-Party Challenge to Trump?

Experts—and history—suggest it's an increasingly plausible scenario. And could end in disaster.

By Jeff Greenfield
December 20, 2015

Donald Trump may have eased some Republican fears Tuesday night when he declared his intention to stay inside the party. But if their angst has been temporarily eased at the prospect of what he would do if he loses, they still face a far more troubling, and increasingly plausible, question.

What happens to the party if he wins?

With Donald Trump as its standard-bearer, the GOP would suddenly be asked to rally around a candidate who has been called by his once and former primary foes “a cancer on conservatism”, “unhinged” “a drunk driver…helping the enemy.” A prominent conservative national security expert, Max Boot, has labeled him flatly “a fascist.” And the rhetoric is even stronger in private conversations I’ve had recently with Republicans of moderate and conservative stripes.

This is not the usual rhetoric of intra-party battles, the kind of thing that gets resolved in handshakes under the convention banners. These are stake-in-the-ground positions, strongly suggesting that a Trump nomination would create a fissure within the party as deep and indivisible as any in American political history, driven both by ideology and by questions of personal character.

Indeed, it would be a fissure so deep that, if the operatives I talked with are right, a Donald Trump running as a Republican could well face a third-party run—from the Republicans themselves.

That threat, in turn, would leave Republican candidates, contributors, and foot soldiers with painful choices. A look at the political landscape, the election rules, and the history of intra-party insurgencies all suggests that it could turn 2016, a year that offered Republicans a reasonable chance to win the White House and with it total control of the national political apparatus, into a disaster.

In Trump as nominee, the Republican Party would face a threat to unity on several fronts. His victory would represent a triumph of an insurgent movement, or impulse, within the party. Historically speaking, this is exactly the kind of intra-party victory that guarantees political civil war.

The most striking examples of party fissure in American politics have come when a party breaks with a long pattern of accommodating different factions, and moves decisively toward one side. It has happened with the Democrats twice, both over civil rights. The party had long embraced the cause of civil rights in the North, while welcoming segregationists—and white supremacists—from across the South. In 1948, the party’s embrace of a stronger civil rights plank led Southern delegations to walk out of the convention. That year, South Carolina Governor Strom Thurmond led a National States Rights Democratic Party—the “Dixiecrats” —that won four Southern states. Had President Truman not (barely) defeated Tom Dewey in Ohio and California, the Electoral College would have been deadlocked—and the choice thrown into the House of Representatives, with Southern segregationists holding the balance of power. Twenty years later, Alabama Gov. George Wallace led a similar anti-civil rights third party movement that won five Southern states. A relatively small shift of voters in California would have deadlocked that election and thrown it to the House of Representatives... Read more

CBS poll: Cruz still ahead in Iowa

Ted Cruz maintains a strong lead over Donald Trump in Iowa, according to the results of a poll released Sunday.

The Texas senator, in the CBS poll, grabbed the support of 40 percent of likely Republican caucus-goers in Iowa. Trump is at 31 percent, followed by Marco Rubio at 12 percent and Ben Carson at 6 percent. Every other GOP candidate receives 2 percent or less in the poll.... Read more

Democratic debates are a JOKE.
Hillary has already got it.
Just drama!

The only GOP candidate at this point that I think can beat Hillary in a general is Rubio.

Cruz vs Hillary --> Cruz wins
Rubio vs Hillary --> Rubio wins
Trump vs Hillary ---> Hillary wins

and I would take Hillary over Trump any day, so its all good anyway

Cruz vs Hillary --> Cruz wins
Rubio vs Hillary --> Rubio wins
Trump vs Hillary ---> Hillary wins

and I would take Hillary over Trump any day, so its all good anyway
I think it's a 4 person race right now for President.

Hillary as the Democratic nominee.

Trump, Cruz, or Rubio as the GOP nominee. Carson seems to be fading.

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls

^This poll taken earlier today puts Cruz only 4 points behind Trump. Somebody needs to knock off Donald Trump and it might as well be Cruz. I would take any Republican or Hillary over Trump.

Donald will get impeached in the first 3 months if he ends up getting elected.

PLZ elect TRUMP.And lets make America great again:usflag::omghaha:

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls

^This poll taken earlier today puts Cruz only 4 points behind Trump. Somebody needs to knock off Donald Trump and it might as well be Cruz. I would take any Republican or Hillary over Trump.

Donald will get impeached in the first 3 months if he ends up getting elected.

It'll be a disaster if the Republican Party nominates Trump. He'll get exposed as a fraud in one on one debates with Hillary. Personal attacks will not faze her. Lots of bluster but little substance.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom