What's new

US outspends Islamabad on flood relief in Pakistan

Its the responsibility of both t dealing parties and in many cases i will exclude even the Pak govt of this responsibility beause in many cases US is funding privat orgs and these very private aka NGOs are minting money.

no you figure it out yourself that who's responsibility it is.

And when USAID finds these NGOs minting money, they come to govt for recovery.

If you are referring to the armed forces as per your usual tricks, i don't think they had an issue in how the funds are to be used or monitored, rather the issue on which armed forces and majority of the political parties stood up was the conditions / strings attached which threatened the sovereignty left. Even now mechanism is in place to keep a check how the funds are utilized and USAID is trying its best that less goes to corruption and they are taking help of local agencies in that too. You can see a big bill board in Peshawar by USAID giving toll numbers to report misuse of any funds in projects of USAID and very recently NAB KPK helped USAID in recovering lot of their money which went into pockets of some people. anyway, that is something else, but blaming the military as usual is not gonna play here nor i would like to derail this thread, if you want, read the below article by Times which gives a clear picture, army has nothing to do with how funds are allocated & monitored, rather the issue was the conditons attached with it which US has nothing to do with. Its our internal matter, they are not satisfied, zero the aid, no one is forcing the US to give us money nor is Pakistan holding US the Super Power a hostage.

Pakistan: How the Kerry-Lugar Act Could Threaten Zardari - TIME

WikiLeaks: Pakistan military cast in favourable light – The Express Tribune

So, plz stop bringing in Army where its not required.

I am not referring to the Army per se, but the entire decision-making apparatus, of which the Army is an integral part, despite your claims to the contrary.

If there is any sovereignty left, it is on very shaky foundations, which likely won't last long unless shored up pronto.

This is what USaid is all about...

usaid.jpg

And yet most Pakistanis hate America! What an irony! :no:

But they continue showering all praise and undying love for China even though the promised $200 million from China for flood relief is yet to fructify even after five long years! (Remember the devastating floods of 2007?)

So, as long as China continues to support Pakistan's weapon acquisition program, who's bothered about American assistance for flood relief?

Bottom line: Always love China. Continue to curse America. In spite of all the assistance America has given! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom