What's new

US Naval Officer spent 5 days onboard an Indian Navy warship, INS Delhi

let's keep the thread on topic

memorable quotes by the US Naval Officer:
Indian Navy

"No operational risk management. No concept of safety of navigation. Absolutely did not adhere to rules of the road. They more or less did not have any hard-copy written procedures for any exercise or event, at all."

"They were generally clueless and had almost zero seamanship skills."

"they are golden exhibitions of their sheer lack of common sense and seamanship."

"They have an entire "class" of civilians onboard. I still don't know what to make of them. I think they were some sort of cheap labor, but everybody onboard referred to them as slaves. As in, they used the word "slave"

"At this point in the US Navy there are literally guys commanding ships, and these guys couldn't even be trusted to handle a radio circuit."

"They had some marginally competent folks, but for every one person who was half-competent, there were 4 other guys just standing around looking clueless."

snyxr6.jpg

to

If you guys believe him then you must believe what all US navy officers say at all times!

and on and on....

Why not?? After all, all we have his his words on an anonymous forum. Even assuming he is what he says, he is, his words would be on a lower scale of credibility than an American 4 star general saying something on camera and backing it up multiple times..

This picture was posted as by the author as proof of his identity as a navy officer

AYdIZ.jpg

note the username used was the m0tbaillie written on a piece stationary from a hotel in South Korea (remember South Korea, it's important later).

Now look at a youtube channel with the same username.

m0tbaillie's Channel - YouTube

It contain three videos uploaded 10 month 11 month and 2 years ago respectively.

The first is shot from the bridge of a Arleigh-Burke class destroyer (USS Stetham) stationed in Japan. The author mentioned he was a surface fleet officer and that he did exchanges with both the Republic of Korea Navy and the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force

This makes sense if he was based in Japan.

His other video from 2 years ago is a photomix of a OCS graduation class

@1:45 it shows one officer candidate Thomas Baillie number 5421, it would not be a stretch to think that the username m0tbaillie is derived from this.

a quicklinked in search shows his full resume.

Tom Baillie - 한국

Now remember that he is living out of a hotel room in Korea posting the 11/-9/2011 IAMA that he had just gotten to Korea and that's why his stationary was a Korean hotel.

So I venture to say that he is who he said he is.

Reminding everyone again that You can delete your own account and posts on reddit, I would posit that pretty much means everything he posted about the INS Delhi was true. He's not got a reason to lie and the reason he deleted his account was because he got in trouble with higher ups or thought better of posting it because of how it made the Indian Navy look.

Nice work Detective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or perhaps we should ask Mumbai Residents how they feel about 26/11.Their blue water navy could not stop a bunch of terrorists on a small boat.
I know you gonna bring up Mehran Incident but hey we don't gloat and boast like you guys.

How they have fallen, 10 guys in a *****in rubber dingy basically vanquished the mighty indian navy and occupied their financial capital for 3 whole days. The USN Officer was right LoL.

Describe some of the smells?
The ship generally smelled "old". I dunno if you have every been on a ship -
namely a warship - before, but this one smelled like it was ******* from
the inside out. Rust, decaying paint, dirty spaces, mechanical fumes...it
generally smelled musty, I guess is the best way to describe it. Imagine if
you farted in a vacuum and then immediately sealed the door, and then
you opened said door 10 years later...that's what their ship smelled like pretty consistently.
:rofl:

What is your opinion about their war capability?

Truthfully, after touring their ship extensively I would be very much surprised if the majority of their armament even successfully fired, let along hit anything.

4. Let's say **** hits the fan. India and Pakistan (or any other country. Take your pick) are at war and the ship you were on is sent into action. Would they be an effective fighting force or are they on the bottom of the ocean before the first day of shooting?

4. Truthfully - bottom of the ocean. I would be surprised if most of their gear worked. The stuff I saw (I got a pretty extensive tour) looked like it fell straight out of the 60s and 70s and I would be genuinely flabbergasted if they got any rounds off. They could barely avoid hitting other ships in the middle of the Pacific, I doubt they'd be popping off any rounds with any amount of accuracy. :rofl:

1. What was your single biggest 'are you ******* kidding me' moment?

1. Have you ever seen a US ship do an unrep at sea? When we pull along side and shoot the shotline across (basically a thick piece of yarn for those who don't know) there's a nice soft tennis ball affixed to the end of it so that it'll bounce of the deck and someone can go retrieve it... the Indians shot a spear. A motherfucking spear. Like, a 16" long piece of metal with a point on the end.... :yahoo:

tokyonight_reasonably_small.jpg

pic of him well half both Cardsharp fill me in when he replies to your post to and Make sure to post it on here and CDF :D

How they have fallen, 10 guys in a *****in rubber dingy basically vanquished the mighty indian navy and occupied their financial capital for 3 whole days. The USN Officer was right LoL.

Did you forget what 5 guys in star trek suits did you to your naval base:rofl:

And some of them even managed to escape:woot:

And did you forgot how shrilankan team got attack in middle of the city and not a single man couldn't be captured ? :cheesy:

AYdIZ.jpg

note the username used was the m0tbaillie written on a piece stationary from a hotel in South Korea (remember South Korea, it's important later).

mmm...odd...

Are you certain that's the uniform worn by USN working personnel? Seems more like a camo for army.

This is actually their working uniform:
USN_NWU1.jpg

mmm...odd...

Are you certain that's the uniform worn by USN working personnel? Seems more like a camo for army.

This is actually their working uniform:
USN_NWU1.jpg
Read This post
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...ian-navy-warship-ins-delhi-7.html#post2296053
Can't believe Indians were spreading so much bullshit specially this roy gaurav posting totally immature illogical baseless arguments.Defending the undefendable.Guess the ego was hurt.I guess the next argument will be that Cardsharp is a false flag Pakistani and this reddit account belongs to him and he made this virtual identity.

Read This post
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...ian-navy-warship-ins-delhi-7.html#post2296053
Can't believe Indians were spreading so much bullshit specially this roy gaurav posting totally immature illogical baseless arguments.Defending the undefendable.Guess the ego was hurt.I guess the next argument will be that Cardsharp is a false flag Pakistani and this reddit account belongs to him and he made this virtual identity.

I am gonna ask that fellow on his channel.

Although, Cardsharp has provided some pretty solid evidence, I'll still ask that officer to make sure :D

one more flaming thread on a piece of info that is netither athentic nor true.

Good for you guys to find grounds to fight each other

mmm...odd...Are you certain that's the uniform worn by USN working personnel? Seems more like a camo for army.This is actually their working uniform

You are right battle dress uniforms were woren mainly by the army but a little googling tells us that his wearing the BDU actually backs up his story. BDU have been phased out of service back in 2005 EXCEPT by US navy members located at U.S. Special Operations Command

Only the U.S. Navy currently authorizes wear of the BDU uniform at locations such as U.S. Special Operations Command until a Navy-specific digital woodland camo uniform is available

Battle Dress Uniform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
F546425320.jpg
AYdIZ.jpg

From his linkedin we know he is an Information Assurance Manager (SOJ62) at Special Operations Command, Korea

Tom Baillie - 한국

Tom Baillie's Experience

Information Assurance Manager (SOJ62)
Special Operations Command, Korea
September 2011 – Present (3 months) Seoul, South Korea

SOCKOR IAM/SOJ62
Auxiliary Officer
USS STETHEM (DDG-63)
November 2009 – October 2011 (2 years)

Division Officer aboard USS STETHEM (DDG-63) in Yokosuka, Japan.
Cluster technician/research programmer
MSU HPCC
August 2006 – January 2008 (1 year 6 months)

Either we have a really clever "Pakistani" impersonator with ungodly attention to detail/knowledge of the armed forces or Indians will have to start thinking about what the conditions aboard INS Delhi says about the Indian Navy's organizational culture and effectiveness.

A player in the South China seas right? more like yeah right.

Back
Top Bottom