What's new

US Is 'Practically Owned' by China: Analyst

hmm I wonder why the British sterling lost its status in 1948... hmmm what could have occured some years before?:rolleyes:

Is this a trick question? I'll answer anyways. It lost its reserve currency status, Britain lost it's empire, and the country was in massive debt to America.

Deja Vu anyone?

absolute rubbish as long US remaing the hub of innovation and the largest industrial base all the problems can be sorted out and the fact that any nation is more than willing to lend to USA due to assurity of their mighty industrial base. Only possibily of US going down in near future is a massive natural calamity like hurrican or earth quake which destroys industrial base on a wide scale upto an irrecoverable level.

When I can see a made in China / Russia / India / Taiwan equivalent for my Intel processor and a Russian T50 taking it on F-35 and a Chinese made nuclear aircraft carrier will be the day I would be a beliver of serious competiton to USA. Until then sit back relax and enjoy this "White House" entertainment!

absolute rubbish as long US remaing the hub of innovation and the largest industrial base all the problems can be sorted out and the fact that any nation is more than willing to lend to USA due to assurity of their mighty industrial base. Only possibily of US going down in near future is a massive natural calamity like hurrican or earth quake which destroys industrial base on a wide scale upto an irrecoverable level.

When I can see a made in China / Russia / India / Taiwan equivalent for my Intel processor and a Russian T50 taking it on F-35 and a Chinese made nuclear aircraft carrier will be the day I would be a beliver of serious competiton to USA. Until then sit back relax and enjoy this "White House" entertainment!

Agreed. Note how the Western newspapers are hyping up China's capabilities.

^^ USA is still losing manufacturing jobs to Southeast Asia, so the industrial bas is shrinking.

there are domestic processors in russia and china. they are simply not commercial. economically uncompetitive. but they're there for military applications.

also, being weaker, doesn't mean being weak. someone that can bench 300 kg is weaker than someone that can bench 320 kg but both of them are monstrous compared to a normal person.

Is this a trick question? I'll answer anyways. It lost its reserve currency status, Britain lost it's empire, and the country was in massive debt to America.

Deja Vu anyone?

Nice dodge!:rofl:

Here goes another doomsday prediction for the US. The previous one by that Russian academic where he said the US would break up by mid 2010 did not turned out too well, did it?

America is breaking alot like the british empire.....While China needs to improve their nuclear stockpile....But america is still very strong.....china is slowly taking over america...

Hopefully, we will commercialize our Longson processor. China is already a world leader in manufacturing chips for others, now the key is to develop:

1.) semiconductor manufacturing equipment domestically
2.) refine the design of our chips.

America is breaking alot like the british empire.....While China needs to improve their nuclear stockpile....But america is still very strong.....china is slowly taking over america...

china doesnt need to improve their nuclear stockpile. china already has enough capability in that field. they know having 10000 nuclear wont make them superior too US but havng a better industrial and technological base would.

IMHO, u r way off target.

History tells us, transition of power from one country/block to another country/block usually takes place through war. for example world war 2 resulted in shift of power from britain to US and USSR. i jus hope the next transition is not precceeded by war.

Deja Vu anyone?
right. Britain had suffered so hugely that when us offered 347 crore dollars in return of permission to use all seaports under British empire Brits agreed. remember that British empire had 1/3 of ports in world. Brits allowed Americans to use them in return of mere 347 crore dollars.

Back
Top Bottom