What's new

US identifies anti-Muslim filmmaker

No its the moral responsibility for Muslims to stop violent acts against our embassies over a film.

The words of the hatemongers, this is how they spread the hatred.

incitement to hatred should be punished, regardless of the reason.

You wouldn't walk up to man if Anarchy ruled and say, "I don't like you" just to get shot. Expecting humans to behave rational is a mistake, and when you combine it with religion you get a dangerous coctail.

personally I think the person responsible for the movie should be held accountable for the problems. If all the actors were deceived and dialogues were dubbed, then they've been used as a tool for furthering hate. They could file lawsuit and they should.

if the mans real background is revealed be it coptic etc. then things could get worse. it would have been better if he had been shot. e.g. just like how US found peace after killing Osama.

Never met Copts before, and never knew they were such intolerant people. :blink:

I just think there should be more accountability. In other Western nations, "incitement to hatred/violence" is a punishable crime.

For example, in Britain they arrested multiple members of the far-right BNP for hate speech. And of course Germany/France have similar laws as well.

I think it's ridiculous that someone like Pastor Terry Jones can do something irresponsible on TV and get 50 people killed for no good reason.

Deciding the boundaries of free v/s hate speech is always tricky. I tend to agree with the US position that free speech should be protected as much as possible. The preferred solution is not to ban speech, but to stop glorifying purveyors of hateful and divisive speech.

Never met Copts before, and never knew they were such intolerant people. :blink:

Let's not generalize. Most Copts and Muslims get along fine in and outside Egypt.

No its the moral responsibility for Muslims to stop violent acts against our embassies over a film.

lets see what your govt does to the man who started all this and your poor embassador had to pay the price for it,now we'll see how much your govt cares about the death of their embassador.

lets see what your govt does to the man who started all this and your poor embassador had to pay the price for it,now we'll see how much your govt cares about the death of their embassador.

My guess is he goes free, but he could be suit for lying to the actors etc. You can't hold the man responsible for making a movie that makes some people go berserk.

otherwise the cartoonists would be in prison as well. Oh but this is going to cause a lot of trouble :)

Back
Top Bottom