What's new

US hikes Pakistan aid by 40%

Status
Not open for further replies.
And your countrymen have the nerve to call us beggars when their country itself received AID !

Yes we did recieve aid, for construction of roads, for construction of schools and hospitals, not for buying f16's and ships...
We paid for our military expenditure, and we bought extremely cheap hardware from USSR, we could have followed your queue, signed a few treaties and sat in the laps of US or Russsia, and gotten the shiny new, sabres, starfighter or russian equivalents. But we didn't, we persevered and through our hardwork and dedication reached where we are today. We have millions of short comings and faults in our system, but every Indian knows the fact that our independence (Swaraj) came due to huge sacrifices of our ancestors, No jets or aid in the world can ever make us sell our freedoms to any country. Can you say the same about yours???

Yes we did recieve aid, for construction of roads, for construction of schools and hospitals, not for buying f16's and ships...
We paid for our military expenditure, and we bought extremely cheap hardware from USSR, we could have followed your que, signed a few treaties and sat in the laps of US or Russsia, and gotten the shiny new, sabres, starfighter or russian equivalents. But we didn't, we persevered and through our hardwork and dedication reached where we are today. We have millions of short comings and faults in our system, but every Indian knows the fact that our independence (Swaraj) came due to huge sacrifices of our ancestors, No jets or aid in the world can ever make us sell our freedoms to any country. Can you say the same about yours???

Do not use " did " there , you still receive a hell lot of AID , Pakistan received for the same just additionally for weapons for assisting the Americans , what does that change ?

Even if you did , what does that change ? If you blame , criticize and ridicule others for taking AID then your country has been doing the same all along , for whatever purposes , I do not care ... You did sit in the laps of USSR for a while , if you have forgotten ...

I will not defend the foreign policy of Pakistan fully but looking at the extremely different and difficult scenarios and threats we faced , it was different for us than you ... Your economic boom only came somewhere after '92 , not before and even at times , despite having lesser resources than you , we were growing at a rapid rate than you ...

Do not use " did " there , you still receive a hell lot of AID , Pakistan received for the same just additionally for weapons for assisting the Americans , what does that change ?

Even if you did , what does that change ? If you blame , criticize and ridicule others for taking AID then your country has been doing the same all along , for whatever purposes , I do not care ... You did sit in the laps of USSR for a while , if you have forgotten ...

I will not defend the foreign policy of Pakistan fully but looking at the extremely different and difficult scenarios and threats we faced , it was different for us than you ... Your economic boom only came somewhere after '92 , not before and even at times , despite having lesser resources than you , we were growing at a rapid rate than you ...

Despite your wishes, we were never in USSR laps, USSR never dictated any terms to us, It did sell us military hardware, but do remember they weren't the only one, both our carriers, jaguars, subs, mirages, came from europe, and all of that was paid for.

And what Aid are you referring to that we still recieve, if NGO's and developmental organisations want to help eradication of poverty in India IO dont see anything wrong about that, but that doesn't mean that tommorrow richard armitage or any sec of state of US can call the president of India and threaten him to blow his country to dark ages. Neither can an ally bomb and kill 30000 innocent civilians, nor can a foreign state make a mockery out of our constitution by bombing our terrirory.

Read the preamble to your constitution, has any of your governments military or civilian, not been a sellout to american aid money. Does you country have the courage to say no americans. Pretty soon you will withdraw from american influence and jumpo into the laps of chinese and then bejing will tell you when to sit and when to stand up....learn from your mistakes

Despite your wishes, we were never in USSR laps, USSR never dictated any terms to us, It did sell us military hardware, but do remember they weren't the only one, both our carriers, jaguars, subs, mirages, came from europe, and all of that was paid for.

And what Aid are you referring to that we still recieve, if NGO's and developmental organisations want to help eradication of poverty in India IO dont see anything wrong about that, but that doesn't mean that tommorrow richard armitage or any sec of state of US can call the president of India and threaten him to blow his country to dark ages. Neither can an ally bomb and kill 30000 innocent civilians, nor can a foreign state make a mockery out of our constitution by bombing our terrirory.

Read the preamble to your constitution, has any of your governments military or civilian, not been a sellout to american aid money. Does you country have the courage to say no americans. Pretty soon you will withdraw from american influence and jumpo into the laps of chinese and then beging will tell you when to sit and when to stand up....learn from your mistakes

Oh , you were ... These aren't my wishes , the Op.Brasstacks planned right in the middle of Soviet-Afghan war points to the direction what your Kremlin friends were telling you to cut their losses after they helped you in the Bay of Bengal , the world does run on quid pro quos now ...

I am not saying that its wrong , it is just shameful to tell others its wrong :) See the difference ? I know of the poverty and other problems in India and its good that they are helping you overcome it , but what is the point of denying it , saying that we do not need it or saying your's different from mine because we do not buy weapons from it ? We took AID for the same too in the 60's ... It just happens that due to the damages suffered in the War on Terror , it is merely reimbursement now , not freely gifted money ...

I said I do not admire my country's foreign policy but being the realist , I recognize the prevalent situations dating from the time of our independence and the threats we faced ... Well lately , there have been multiple projects started despite the Yanks opposing it ... Beijing has been ally since 60's and its MO isn't the same as Washington ... Whatever the hell they publish in your newspapers is no concern of mine so to say " you will sit in the lap of Chinese " ... The geopolitics and dynamics of the region have been changing fast and there have been positive indications from the Govt regarding the foreign policy starting from the ban of coalition's supply to the IP pipeline and enhancement of trade and co-operation with Iran which happens to the axis of evil and under sanctions ...

Not if it is being used by a country who has suffered the most due to the ongoing War of Terror starting with the coalition's intervention in Afghanistan ( for whatever reasons ) ... If you cite the money coming in 60's , that can be counted as AID ... There is a big difference , now your country receives AID for development in different sectors still to this day despite the economic boom , you aren't fighting a war , you haven't been assisting anyone anywhere for that , what should I call it ?

I never denied it wasn't being used for Govt projects ... I told you about the military , remember ?

Yes and technically , no ... It isn't coming for free , mere reimbursements for the costs incurred and damages done in the war which started when the Americans first thought of intervening in this region ...

And your countrymen have the nerve to call us beggars when their country itself received/receives AID to the point of being the highest recipient till 1992 !

Nothing comes for free , now that we know ... We cant/aren't going to cancel the IP , that we know too , what remains ? :)
When govt. is utilising the money for other things and govt. also allocates the budget for the armed forces how is it not going to the military apart from the bills being paid? After all it comes to the treasury, maybe it is not given directly but it is aid and to Pakistan.

Also, who is giving aid to India? Please substantiate with some links to such information.
UK who were told in no uncertain terms to not give aid but alas they insisted, I do not call it aid.

Oh , you were ... These aren't my wishes , the Op.Brasstacks planned right in the middle of Soviet-Afghan war points to the direction what your Kremlin friends were telling you to cut their losses after they helped you in the Bay of Bengal , the world does run on quid pro quos now ...

Well pakistan has always and hopefully will continue to misread india's strategic moves. Pakistani generals have never correctly read response from indian military since 1947, and same goes with brasstacks. A mere military exercise were even foreign diplomats and generals were invited for observation was considered as a buildup for a war by pakistanis.
As far as your assesment of USSR and Opr Brasstack is concerned, do you really think to go on an offensive against pakistan, USSR would really need Indian help. cmon !!!

When govt. is utilising the money for other things and govt. also allocates the budget for the armed forces how is it not going to the military apart from the bills being paid? After all it comes to the treasury, maybe it is not given directly but it is aid and to Pakistan.

Also, who is giving aid to India?
UK who were told in no uncertain terms to not give aid but alas they insisted, I do not call it aid.

The military denied AID from the Americans a long ago , the money received is used for Govt projects , not for upgrades and purchase of new weapons as you previously thought ... Your " it does for the military too is a mere guess " , nothing else ... The bills are a different story altogether , why should we do it for free ? Not AID , reimbursement ... We have been the front line state and have sustained the most damage , it comes for the assist that we provide , it isn't free money like we received in the 60's ...

Britain ... You may choose not to receive it , after all it wont be shoved down your throat , will it be ? So its AID and you receive it whilst criticizing others ... Double standards , hypocrisy , take your pick !

As far as your assesment of USSR and Opr Brasstack is concerned, do you really think to go on an offensive against pakistan, USSR would really need Indian help. cmon !!!

Bogged down in Afghanistan , the USSR was in no position to further take their economy to decline which eventually happened , Moscow needed a diversion to get Pakistan away from Afghanistan ... As for Brasstacks being an exercise , read statements from your own Generals , I need not say anything for that mobilization of almost the entire army ...

Brasstacks was no military exercise. It was a plan to built up a situation for a fourth war with Pakistan. And, what is even more shocking is that the Prime Minister, Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, was not aware of these plans.
—Lieutenant General P.N. Hoon, Commander Western Command,

The military denied AID from the Americans a long ago , the money received is used for Govt projects , not for upgrades and purchase of new weapons as you previously thought ... The bills are a different story altogether , why should we do it for free ? Not AID , reimbursement ... We have been the frontline state and have sustained the most damage , it comes for the assist that we provide , it isn't free money like we received in the 60's ...

The military may have denied a direct aid but your country's economy is in dumps and any money which comes to your govt. will find a way to the armed forces. Once the money comes in as Aid for development it automatically reduces the strain on other areas, military spending in this case. It is helping your forces directly or indirectly, a fact which you are not willing to accept.

Britain ... You may choose not to receive it , after all it wont be shoved down your throat , will it be ? So its AID and you receive it whilst criticizing others ... Double standards , hypocrisy , take your pick !

Oh you do not even understand this part I see, it is shoved down our throats in the for of NGO's

Read this website of a NGO..
The Department for International Development : UK | NGO News|NGO News | www.karmayog.org

The military may have denied a direct aid but your countries economy is in dumps and any money which comes to your govt. will find a way to the armed forces. Once the money comes in as Aid for development automatically reduces he strain on other areas, military spending in this case.

Oh you do not even understand this part I see, it is shoved down our throats in the for of NGO's

The Department for International Development : UK | NGO News|NGO News | www.karmayog.org

That is just your " speculation " at best that whatever money the Govt receives somehow finds a way into the military since it denies that except for the assistance to the coalition forces in Afghanistan :)

So ? The AID ( not technically ) is utilized for Govt projects , money is freed up to be used by the military for fighting the same militants and procurements of new weapons ...

When did you say " No " to AID from US and UK ? Only recently , even then you still receive it in whatever form , it helps you overcome poverty and other problems even today ...

I dont know why 12 pages of discussion... pakistan should be happy there is a hike in the aid!!!

That is just your " speculation " at best that whatever money the Govt receives finds a way into the military :)

So ? The AID ( not technically ) is utilized for Govt projects , money is freed up to be used by the military for fighting the same militants and procurements of new weapons ...

So , when did you say " No " to AID from US and UK ? Only recently , even then you still receive it in whatever form , still it helps you overcome poverty and other problems ...

It's not speculation, its common sense. I get extra money from some source and i have expenditures any which way. The extra money will definitely help me where it matters the most for a security oriented state, their security. Why is it so hard to understand? Regarding why they are giving that Aid is not a issue for me, you guys wanted/forced in to WoT and suffered losses is anyone's guess.

Regarding the NGO's there is a law on that and is not based on foreign policy or the govt. and yes any extra money helps, I have no qualms accepting that but not because we asked them or got into any war on their behalf.

The military may have denied a direct aid but your country's economy is in dumps and any money which comes to your govt. will find a way to the armed forces. Once the money comes in as Aid for development it automatically reduces the strain on other areas, military spending in this case. It is helping your forces directly or indirectly, a fact which you are not willing to accept.

4% growth rate is in the dumps now?
Man you Indians are retarded.
By your Indian logic Canada, US, Europe have growth rates at about 1-2% so they must be in the super dump and only Shining supa dupa pawa India is doing great economic. At this rate you might just get your white beggars on the streets that you all dream about.
Pakistan's economy is not as good as it should but it's still growing at a decent rate despite being in a war right now.
Indian delusions are legendary but at the end of the day they still have more people starving than the entire population of Pakistan and are on the internet bragging about "Shinning India" :omghaha:

It's not speculation, its common sense. I get extra money from some source and i have expenditures any which way. The extra money will definitely help me where it matters the most for a security oriented state, their security. Why is it so hard to understand? Regarding why they are giving that Aid is not a issue for me, you guys wanted/forced in to WoT and suffered losses is anyone's guess.

Regarding the NGO's there is a law on that and is not based on foreign policy or the govt. and yes any extra money helps, I have no qualms accepting that but not because we asked them or got into any war on their behalf.

It is not hard to understand , it just happens that the military wouldn't have said nothing about not taking money if it was , there's no reason for it to deny that ... The extra money will help , but not in ways that you are listing and speculating , the rest of the money is freed up for the military automatically once the Govt gets money for the project from other sources ...

The very recent past of your country when you continued to receive AID shows a bleak condition when you were not at war with anyone ...

It is not hard to understand , it just happens that the military wouldn't have said nothing about not taking money if it was , there's no reason for it to deny that ... The extra money will help , but not in ways that you are listing and speculating , the rest of the money is freed up for the military automatically once the Govt gets money for the project from other sources ...
Ok, you are saying its not helping the forces any way, am I right?
If so you accept that it is aid for your country because economically it is not doing so well, right?

The very recent past of your country when you continued to receive AID shows a bleak condition when you were not at war with anyone ...
We gave out more aid than we received and as I said, it was part of UN obligations UK was giving and through NGO's which can take money from any entity. Same as you are getting from UK too which is going to increase as UK is going to stopping the aid to India and increase it to Pakistan.

4% growth rate is in the dumps now?
Man you Indians are retarded.
By your Indian logic Canada, US, Europe have growth rates at about 1-2% so they must be in the super dump and only Shining supa dupa pawa India is doing great economic. At this rate you might just get your white beggars on the streets that you all dream about.
Pakistan's economy is not as good as it should but it's still growing at a decent rate despite being in a war right now.
Indian delusions are legendary but at the end of the day they still have more people starving than the entire population of Pakistan and are on the internet bragging about "Shinning India" :omghaha:
Nice logic, comparing your country with the developed countries and then complaint about us.. :lol:
Yeah and we should not compare ourselves with a countr which had more literacy rate than us some time back :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom