What's new

US helping Pakistan on energy, but nuclear cooperation off the agenda

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The United States on Tuesday said it had been supportive of efforts to help Pakistan meet its energy requirements, but added that civilian nuclear technology cooperation was not a topic of discussion in talks between Pakistani and OPIC officials. “There was no discussion on civilian nuclear technology,” spokesperson Patrick Ventrell said. “But broadly speaking, you know that we've been supportive of efforts with Pakistan's energy problems, and much of the aid that the US has provided and the expertise and technology and know-how. But I don't have anything for you on that,” he added. “That has not been a topic of discussion,” the spokesperson responded when asked pointedly if he was ruling out future negotiations between the two countries towards civilian nuclear cooperation between the two countries in the future. - See more at: US helping Pakistan on energy, but nuclear cooperation off the agenda | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

Already a denial!!!!! That was quick.

I thought that there was a minister from Pakistan claiming that US is ready to discuss civilian nuclear tech with Pakistan!!

Already a denial!!!!! That was quick.

I thought that there was a minister from Pakistan claiming that US is ready to discuss civilian nuclear tech with Pakistan!!

The Minister in question just seemed to have been articulating his fantasies!

I think instead of Dams, US should help us in thermal efficiency in power plants.

talks with US on energy have been going on since 2008 when that tramp of a woman (Anne Peterson) was ambassador (shes not moved onto Egypt and hasnt made too many friends there)

a job done right is a job done by one damned self......pay your taxes, dont steal from others' electric grids, and go out in the street (without burning stuff) until something is done to fix this halaat

sleeping nation of people who just accept status quo.....

Back
Top Bottom