What's new

US discusses China’s ‘assertiveness’ with India

In International Politics and Diplomacy a holier than thou attitude is all it takes to undo years of hard work. The Indian Government unlike the system you have out there in China is ruled by Indian citizens.

Stop hiding behind democracy to shield yourself, in order to have a effective democracy 80 - 90% of the population must be educated enough to make an informed decision. You criticize one country's system without looking at the reality of the ones forming your own??

As far as your development is concerned noone here in India doubts that, particularly Infrastrcuture, but to assume that this form of governance is better than democracy in all aspects is going too much and too far...

a) Wide disparity of income between the western and eastern parts of your country

Don't even try to pull the poverty card on this discussion

b) The negative demographic policy of one child per couple will show you the light of the day sooner than you expect

In a world of depleting resources, global climate issues, food shortages etc how exactly does a big population help in say 20 - 30 years from now. I'll be surprised if there is any steel left by the time China's modernization is finished. If you want a big population thats your problem but don't talk about it like it will definitely benefit in the future.

c) The huge investments built around export driven economy has already started showing its resultsAs far as Indian Government is concerned it is firmly below our foot.

Those investment have paid off, China is now encouraging its domestic markets and its working, one announcement from China and any growth in its internal consumption will send the world financial market spiraling. It shows that China is truly tapped into the global markets and a leader in its own right what so bad about that?

If the need arises the change in policy shall follow. And this is something which is not new to India. Some examples:

a) India's growing closeness to EU and USA in contravention to Indias ideals in the Nehruvian era

b) Recognition of Israel while still supporting the cause of the Palestinians and you know where we stand today

c) Growing closeness to traditional American allies like South Korea and Japan. If need be we can change our policy towards ROC

Do what you think is right. China is not at a position where it needs to pay lip service to any nation though a few friends in the global view would not be a bad thing. Western Media never supports China in a favorable light anyway.

At least be original in your feelings - we are not Chevrolet and you are not Cherry Auto.

It is original, no doubt, as I said before, many Indians are too busy, busy publicity, busy attacking, even forget what the real situation in India, there is no doubt that this is the Indian original, because the Chinese do not have this habits.

It is original, no doubt, as I said before, many Indians are too busy, busy publicity, busy attacking, even forget what the real situation in India, there is no doubt that this is the Indian original, because the Chinese do not have this habits.

India with its 500 million poverty stricken citizens dreams of being a super power, now that's ugly!

They need medicine to get rid of their 'super power' fever. It's driving them nuts.

Anyone can have dreams, I have no objection to India's "superpower" dream, however, some Indians may be some psychological problems, they even did not feel the real situation in India right now . Do you want a dream? Yes, you care more about yourself, this is the most simple and basic.

Anyone can have dreams, I have no objection to India's "superpower" dream, however, some Indians may be some psychological problems, they even did not feel the real situation in India right now . Do you want a dream? Yes, you care more about yourself, this is the most simple and basic.

Let's not generalise too much there buddy.

We should try to get this thread back on topic. :cheers:

Talk about living in a make-believe world. China is the only country in the world which has a mass-murderer on its currency notes - it's as absurd as the Germans having Adolf Hitler or the Russians having Josef Stalin or Uganda having Idi Amin on their currency and being worshipped as the Father of the Nation. So who needs psychological help then?

They need medicine to get rid of their 'super power' fever. It's driving them nuts.

I understand your angst against India. Even I don't want India to be a superpower or throw its weight around with its neighbors.

Talk about living in a make-believe world. China is the only country in the world which has a mass-murderer on its currency notes - it's as absurd as the Germans having Adolf Hitler or the Russians having Josef Stalin or Uganda having Idi Amin on their currency and being worshipped as the Father of the Nation. So who needs psychological help then?

Because the Chinese-Dragon, I will not respond to your ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom