What's new

US diplomat calls Tamils dirty & dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty and dark Tamil for you : Hema Malini

hema-malini.jpg

Maybe she is being "truthful" or "too honest"? Come one, I think a lot of those politicians are closet racists, and you'd be shocked to see their true color outside the spotlight.

Instead of posting pics of bollywood actors... Post pics of the average people!

Anyways i think it was what she had in mind.............and she said it by accident.

Anyways i think it was what she had in mind.............and she said it by accident.

Everything in India, isn't bollywood. The Tamil regional cinema is probably the second largest film industry after Bollywood and has their own fan following not just in South but also Southeast Asia which has significant Tamil population. And now with more advanced media and tech, via translations, Tamil movies are seen even by non-Tamils.

Basically in short, Tamil people are also as much a mix of colors as we are. I know some very fair Tamils and some with darker complexions as well. Let me tell you about this color thingy with my own state's example:

We in Sikkim have various smaller communities living with multiple languages (all having common ground in Sanskrit though, but that's different topic). Here, some of us look like Indians of the plain, some look a mixture and some with clear-cut semi-mongoloid appearances, like me. Even in cases like mine, there are some Bhutiyas who are wheatish and even on the brownish side while I and my immediate people are orientally fair.

In short, it is impossible to tell which region has dark people and which has only light skinned people. Even within each state and community, there are lighter and darker people.

The woman was simply pathetic in calling our countrymen dirty, because dark is not a crude remark (it is just the complexion which is okay). She should worry about herself.

They are not Bollywood actors ! Thought Sridevi later attained popularity in Bollywood. The point is all Tamils are not dark and all dark people are not Tamils ! In India you will find people of all colors. In certain parts of HP people have European looks, in NE India we have Chinese looking people. In Karnataka a tribe known as 'Sidhi's have distinctly African features. India is as diverse as planet earth !

Word, i agree. Show us the real indians, not those makeup pancaked puppets.

You have not seen any Indian in real life, on TV or pics ?? Dont tell me you have never seen.

About the make up part, Pakistani actors and actresses never put make up??

^^^^Dude, forget it, i apologize and i deleted my post. India is a multicultural country so you will find both fair skinned and dark skinned people.

Yo i am tamil and i am very fair.....all my family members are fair......most of the time i am mistaken for a brahmin(i am not) its just a myth that all people in TN are "dark" .

Yo i am tamil and i am very fair.....all my family members are fair......most of the time i am mistaken for a brahmin(i am not) its just a myth that all people in TN are "dark" .

Dude stop telling us if ur fair or not.... it doesnt really matter.............does it?

^^^^^^^^
You are right. Skin color never matters. We dont live in 18th century anymore

Amusing thread.

Drugged out on Bollywood delusions. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom